PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why We Are Guaranteed to Win This Year - The Patriots Pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
We are guaranteed to win this year, because this season now follows in the same pattern as our other superbowl-winning seasons: Acquire an older, superbowl-hungry veteran, and also have a controversy with one of our stars.

(Year - Superbowl Hungry Vet, and Star Controversy)
2001 - Phifer/Cox, and Bledsoe.
2003 - Harrison, and Milloy.
2004 - Dillon, and Law.
2006 - Seau, and Branch.

Take it to the bank!
I wonder if there is some sort of explanation for this. Does it make the team band together more? Does it make them mentally tougher? Does it help them focus more on the field with so many off the field distractions?

Last edited:
We didn't trade Law before the 04 season. He got hurt in that loss to Pittsburgh around week 7 I believe. And wasn't able to play the rest of the year. Pats front office simply won't pay you more than what "they" think
you are worth. Not the media. Other players. Own players. My take on this
is that they don't think Deion is a premier wr. Plain and simple. They weren't
going to pay him what other People think he's worth. They were only going
to pay him what they think he's worth.

In a way, I think it somehow makes the whole team try harder. They mentally think each of them needs to play with more intensity to compensate for their lost star, and as a group their performance improves.

As for Law, right we didn't trade him, but there was controversy with him all season, similar to how there was controversy with Bledsoe that whole season.

wow i am missing the consistant pattern. i see a bunch of stuff not related to each other.

Digger44 said:
wow i am missing the consistant pattern. i see a bunch of stuff not related to each other.

You need to play the 'Beautiful Mind' montage song and wiggle your finger, glaze your eyes, and mumble to yourself like John Nash.
Maybe I'm the only one who sees this. Nevermind, then.

maverick4 said:
You need to play the 'Beautiful Mind' montage song and wiggle your finger, glaze your eyes, and mumble to yourself like John Nash.
Maybe I'm the only one who sees this. Nevermind, then.

ok im trying, song on, wiggle finger, eyes, mumble OOOOO i feel something. oops, just gas sorry.

Digger44 said:
ok im trying, song on, wiggle finger, eyes, mumble OOOOO i feel something. oops, just gas sorry.

You also have to stare off blankly into space, that's when the numbers start to come out of the walls.

Its a move that will bring the players closer together. what happens is the local and national media will criticize the team and shove them to a corner and pretend like nobody plays wide reciever on the patriots. Just imagine how gabriel, jackson and caldwell feel right now, DISRESPECTED, UNWANTED? you bet. they feel as disrespected as asante and gay were two years ago. as disrespected as harrison was when we all made it seem like he wouldnt fill the gap left by milloy. as disrespected as the WR core was in 01 when glenn was released. if we are to prognosticate the future by looking to the past, we should expect the team overall to overachieve a little bit to prove a point. my guess is there soon will be a real "US AGAINST THE WORLD" mentality floating around the locker room and that's a recipe for a dangerous, yet on paper a supposedly'beatable" team.

I wish branch the best (exept for this season), he outplayed his contract and got somewhat overpaid. wouldnt we all want to be overpaid? I know I would.

Franchise12 said:
Its a move that will bring the players closer together. what happens is the local and national media will criticize the team and shove them to a corner and pretend like nobody plays wide reciever on the patriots. Just imagine how gabriel, jackson and caldwell feel right now, DISRESPECTED, UNWANTED? you bet. they feel as disrespected as asante and gay were two years ago. as disrespected as harrison was when we all made it seem like he wouldnt fill the gap left by milloy. as disrespected as the WR core was in 01 when glenn was released. if we are to prognosticate the future by looking to the past, we should expect the team overall to overachieve a little bit to prove a point. my guess is there soon will be a real "US AGAINST THE WORLD" mentality floating around the locker room and that's a recipe for a dangerous, yet on paper a supposedly'beatable" team.

The Pats REALLY feed off the disrespect and 'us against the world' mentality. It is one of our main superbowl ingredients. It seems like Rodney, for example, always says 'they didn't think we could do it' in every single one of his interviews. I love it, and now he can say it legitimately again.

Not only will Jackson and Gabriel feel insulted and step up, but I bet the defense will also be much more intense, because they feel they need to raise their level of play to account for Branch's loss.

Last edited:
I hope this happens but with no clear wide recivers which you put in place before the season, IT will be tough but we always brake the mold!!!!

Franchise12 said:
Its a move that will bring the players closer together. what happens is the local and national media will criticize the team and shove them to a corner and pretend like nobody plays wide reciever on the patriots.
Already happening. Today on the Mike & Mike show on ESPN radio they said the Pats are now a one-dimensional team, Brady has no one to throw to. Keep it coming and address it directly to the Pat's locker room!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes