Why Wasn't G(h)ost at Practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From Reiss's Pieces latest post-

The Patriots are holding their afternoon practice on the lower field behind Gillette Stadium and colleague Christopher L. Gasper reports that kicker Stephen Gostkowski was not present for the media-access portion of the session (12:10 p.m.).

That's all we need is no kicker to start the season. Anyone hear any legitimate, non-injury reason he'd be missing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be anything. Let's wait for the injury report.

Could be anything. Let's wait for the injury report.

I would imagine the kicker isn't neccessarily needed for the full practice though he usuaully practices off tot he side most of the time. If he is on the injury report than that might be a little scary and if we have another kicker in than maybe there is more to worry about

I would imagine the kicker isn't neccessarily needed for the full practice though he usuaully practices off tot he side most of the time. If he is on the injury report than that might be a little scary and if we have another kicker in than maybe there is more to worry about

The Pats just signed a punter to the PS. And the Pats have Welker as a backup kicker, if need be.

From Reiss's Pieces latest post-

"The Patriots are holding their afternoon practice on the lower field behind Gillette Stadium and colleague Christopher L. Gasper reports that kicker Stephen Gostkowski was not present for the media-access portion of the session (12:10 p.m.)."

That's all we need is no kicker to start the season. Anyone hear any legitimate, non-injury reason he'd be missing?

I heard his foot fell off. :rolleyes:

Did you honestly think you were going to get the answer to your question here. Do you think one of us is Gostkowski or knows more about Gostkowski's situation than those who cover the Patriots?:rolleyes:

BB decided to let him rest up, as he anticipates him having to kickoff at least ten times on Sunday.

Just because a player isn't at the media portion of practice doesn't neccessarily mean he is injured or that he didn't actually practice. Ghostowski could have had to meet with the trainer or something like that making him miss the media portion of the practice which is only the stretching part.

He's probably buying a 11 million dollar house in california

I know Welker kicked in high school (very well, too, IIRC). Does anyone know if he occasionally takes any reps at kicking to be ready for such an emergency? Usually teams have the punter or some other guy with kicking experience practice it at some point in camp.

I know Welker kicked in high school (very well, too, IIRC). Does anyone know if he occasionally takes any reps at kicking to be ready for such an emergency? Usually teams have the punter or some other guy with kicking experience practice it at some point in camp.

Yes he does, although not lately because he has been hurt. I'm sure that if he wasn't hurt BB would have run him out sometime during the Pre-season, but that is exactly the type of "situational football" that they practice.

I bet you they even have a third option already picked out too. I can only hope that it is Wilfork, (who said last year on EEI that he kicked in High School), I would love to see that!

"Personal reasons"

as per injury report

Probably had to go to the dentist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back