PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why the Steelers Are Real Champs

Status
Not open for further replies.
heh...we're not crying...we're laughing at your 22 rating POS QB and his soiled drawers...enjoy your tainted ,undeserved win...you won't see another

Ben's TD was a TD. Go back and look again or get a pair of glasses if you don't see it. The ball was breaking the plain of the endzone, all it has to do is touch the WHITELINE, which it did. It was a tough call to make when the play occured, but obvious when you see the replay.

Official with one arm raised signaling 4th down runs down the goal line and sees the ball over the line...then signals TD...THIS is what happened...not what YOU say did...idiot...next day, YOUR QB admits on national TV that he didn't get in...YOU still persist that he did becasue you clearly saw it...well, 100% of NFL NOT Steeler fans saw it the other way...and correctly.

Enjoy your stolen bowl, nobody cares what you think happened since you are incapable of being even 1/10 th of a per cent objective

BTW..it's PLANE of the goal line not PLAIN...moron

Last edited:
The fact of the matter is what will be remembered about this SB is how bad the officials were..plain and simple!!! To all you Steeler fans..that should mean something to you...but then again..

This a typical AFSt!nk thread. Don't worry though, we will be dominating the next several Super Bowls to come. We beat the STEALERS and two of your SuperBowls were 3 point FG cheap wins with lousy calls by AFSt!ink tainted refs. All of our great players will be back to close your big pompous New England, Indy, Pittsburgh, Denver, Cincy, and Jacksonville mouths.

Hi Stealer fan...it's not working...you see, the premise is just so stupid and YOU are just so stupid, you give yourself away...enjoy the tainted, stolen bowl...you STILL need one for the thumb

Joker said:
Hi Stealer fan...it's not working...you see, the premise is just so stupid and YOU are just so stupid, you give yourself away...enjoy the tainted, stolen bowl...you STILL need one for the thumb

F the Stealers and F you. You are all AFSt!ink pretenders.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Despite much of the whining here and elsewhere, the Steelers are the 2005 season SuperBowl Champs because...

1. They overcame long odds winning playoff games against 4 good and very good teams.

2. They won the SB despite an abyssmal choke-ridden performance of their 22 rating QB. Roethlesberger siezed this playoff's "Manning Award" from surprise contender Tom Brady, but his team played well enough to win despite his 'contribution'.

3. They won because Cowher, never a great game day coach, coached well, far better than his opponent whose team looked as if they'd never practised a 2 minute drill, q.v. the end of each half.

4. They overcame bad calls by refs (the INT against the Colts) and are not themselves responsible for any of the gift calls by the refs.

Having had a week to think about this, I would agree. I was initially angry with the refereeing and it did cloud my judgement. The Steelers overcame the Colts and everyone else. They played a smarter game than the Hawks, who can only look at themselves for dropped passes, missed Field Goals, not going for it on 4th and Inches, overthrows by Hasselbeck, missed tackles on Parker's run, atrocious punting and so on.
I am annoyed at the refereeing in the league. There is either a problem with some of the rules (that seem a little officious) or the interpretation of them. Having said that, even if Roethlisberger's TD had been overturned, it would have been fourth and a very short goal as we all know. I understand that Pitt were 100% in those situations all year and I wouldn't have backed their D to stop them. It's also fair to remind ourselves that Pitt overcame an atrocious call in the Colts game. The PI call is more debateable as I do feel that there was a case for also calling defensive PI.
I don't begrudge anyone who wins the SB. I think we forget just how hard these people have worked in their lives to get to that point.

gomezcat said:
I don't begrudge anyone who wins the SB. I think we forget just how hard these people have worked in their lives to get to that point.

Right. Pissin' n moanin' about the vagaries of the game in a transparent attempt to compensate for the failure of your, or our own, team to win the SB is petty. Congrats to the Steelers for overcoming all obstacles this season. I rooted for the SeaHags but was exctatic to see the Steelers beat the Colts, as I expected they would.

Criticism of the poor officiating THROUGHOUT the playoffs is legit and pressure to improve should be brought by the fans. The one controversial call I would NOT criticize was Rothlesbergah's TD. Humans have to make the call in seconds and it was very close as the non-incontrovertable replay showed. Football is not an AI enhanced computer game. People play it and people ref it. That being said, the "If you were Tags" thread is a very creative thread and example of a positive response with suggestions to further eliminate flawed human judgement.

Last edited:
You keep banging away at it trying to force everyone to believe what you say is true but IT IS NOT...once again the ref had his arm up signaling 4th down...THAT means that he DID NOT SEE ROTH BREAK THE PLANE while still ON HIS FEET!!!! Don't you get it? He called a TD as he ran up and SAW ROTH WITH THE BALL OVER THE GOAL LINE.That's when he raised his other arm and signaled TD...I'm watching it right now on my tape...IT IS OBVIOUS... the fault lies with the REPLAY....if the side judge didn't see the ball in while Roth was up then OBVIOUSLY the call that it was a TD after that WAS WRONG.

Horrible call...one of at least TEN that went the Steelers way.

Joker said:
Ben's TD was a TD. Go back and look again or get a pair of glasses if you don't see it. The ball was breaking the plain of the endzone, all it has to do is touch the WHITELINE, which it did. It was a tough call to make when the play occured, but obvious when you see the replay.

Official with one arm raised signaling 4th down runs down the goal line and sees the ball over the line...then signals TD...THIS is what happened...not what YOU say did...idiot...next day, YOUR QB admits on national TV that he didn't get in...YOU still persist that he did becasue you clearly saw it...well, 100% of NFL NOT Steeler fans saw it the other way...and correctly.

Enjoy your stolen bowl, nobody cares what you think happened since you are incapable of being even 1/10 th of a per cent objective

BTW..it's PLANE of the goal line not PLAIN...moron

If you think you saw the ball (and not his arm. which is what I've seen people circling as the ball) break the plane than you are the one who needs to get his eyes checked.

Huh? Now WTF are YOU talking about?

I'm saying he DID NOT BREAK THE PLANE WITH THE BALL!!!

Jeezus...what do I have to post to get it through your thick skulls?

Joker said:

Michael does not read posts and think about them. He just responds.

Joker said:

You could start by using the quote feature instead of bold type. I read in bold in your post it was a TD and that was what I responded to. Learn how to use message boards and stop *****ing at people. :p

Oh and for the record the official wasn't signaling fourth down. He had one hand in the air with four fingers up which is not a signal. God knows what the idiot was doing.

Last edited:
PatsWickedPissah said:
Michael does not read posts and think about them. He just responds.

Careful or I'll get out the heavy stuff troll.

TrollBGon.jpg

Oh and for the record the official wasn't signaling fourth down. He had one hand in the air with four fingers up which is not a signal. God knows what the idiot was doing.

uh...wow....right arm up...fingers displayed denotes the down...four fingers up denotes 4th down...which was his call until he got closer to the pile and saw Roth's hand over the goal line with the ball...at which point he raised his other hand and displayed the TD call.

I'm sorry you're so freaking stupid you can't discern a reason why someone would use bold fonts. I'll continue to use that or any other method available to me whenever I want to...OK with you Commandant Crank?

Don't get the cranks mad. They'll get their panties all atwist and throw little hissey fits.

a reply from a Steeler fan in that thread a few posts later....

Re: Definitive Proof Ben Scored Thats so funny hey bozo that pic is after his knee was down and the ball was like an inch from the goal line he then moved the ball forward! He even admited he didnt have it on Lettermen last night knucklehead!

This is a Patriots board...no one really cares what some Monagahelan moron has to say about anything football related. You got your tainted trophy now screw beat it and get drunk on Iron City the rest of the year with the rest of the Splattsburgh mutts.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back