PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why the Pats will win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Box_O_Rocks said:
That's the spirit, and if you are so fortunate as to serve Frank some crow, remember to include a good merlot - crow tends to have a strong flavor and needs wine with body.

Yo there Box O - you keep sleeping with the enemy like that, the next Crow you eat may very well be your own!!

Just kidding, I am sure you will enjoy picking over the dudes dead carcass as much as I will come tomorrow night around 7:30!!

As for that wine you describe, all depends on whose body we serve it over :eek: ...

I do believe we won't be seeing him here though.....

fgssand said:
Yo there Box O - you keep sleeping with the enemy like that, the next Crow you eat may very well be your own!!

Just kidding, I am sure you will enjoy picking over the dudes dead carcass as much as I will come tomorrow night around 7:30!!

As for that wine you describe, all depends on whose body we serve it over :eek: ...

I do believe we won't be seeing him here though.....
As long as it's not the ever popular Yellowstripe Whine shared so generously this past week, that stuff wuz sour mon! But you know if we don't plan ahead, ol'Marvin will be serving up some of Chris Henry's ripple, win or lose, that stuff just isn't fit for an educated palate like your's. ;)

Win or lose, the thing that will make me happiest is some improvement in execution consistency from both sides of the ball. I'm not worried about another loss this early, I am worried about a team that doesn't improve each week.

Last edited:
Box_O_Rocks said:
As long as it's not the ever popular Yellowstripe Whine shared so generously this past week, that stuff wuz sour mon! But you know if we don't plan ahead, ol'Marvin will be serving up some of Chris Henry's ripple, win or lose, that stuff just isn't fit for an educated palate like your's. ;)

Win or lose, the thing that will make me happiest is some improvement in execution consistency from both sides of the ball. I'm not worried about another loss this early, I am worried about a team that doesn't improve each week.

I can agree there, 100%, without question. The need to see improvement on both sides of the ball is imperative. You also are right in that a loss here only means we have a tougher time getting a bye - WAY too early to think about those things.

The passing game must improve via receivers actually getting healthy and playing well. It's time to see QB & WR/TE getting on the same page. Route recognition and ability to understand and execute properly the play that has been called will help stop the bleeding. I do believe this offense has great potential as long as the injury bug is not a factor. There is plenty of time and plenty of talent, led by the best QB in the NFL.

The "D" line & LB'ers needs to totally dominate tomorrow so as to compensate for our suddenly depleted secondary.

Now, as for that wine.......bring it on, did anyone say Mad dog 20-20??

fgssand said:
I can agree there, 100%, without question. The need to see improvement on both sides of the ball is imperative. You also are right in that a loss here only means we have a tougher time getting a bye - WAY too early to think about those things.

The passing game must improve via receivers actually getting healthy and playing well. It's time to see QB & WR/TE getting on the same page. Route recognition and ability to understand and execute properly the play that has been called will help stop the bleeding. I do believe this offense has great potential as long as the injury bug is not a factor. There is plenty of time and plenty of talent, led by the best QB in the NFL.

The "D" line & LB'ers needs to totally dominate tomorrow so as to compensate for our suddenly depleted secondary.

Now, as for that wine.......bring it on, did anyone say Mad dog 20-20??
Just remember, crow chili is the preferred method of preparation for Bengals' fans.

Are those predicting a Pats win aware that Hobbs, Wilson & O'Callaghan are out??

I think our offense will continue to splutter and we might get to score maybe twice.

Though our defensive linemen might get to Palmer a few times in the first half, they might not be able to continue in the second half. As usual, our poor secondary, now depleted further, will give up big plays. Sorry guys, I am just not able to see how we could win this.

Bengals 27 (3 TDs, 2 FGs), Pats 10 :mad: :enranged:

The only faith I have in a Pats win tomorrow is that they haven't lost back to back games since 02, other than that, Palmer should have a field day. Having not lost back 2 back games in that long is quite a feat and here's to hoping it doesn't end against the Bengals :eat1:

Marvin_for_prez said:
I'll be here if you will. :D
One of us will eat some crow, that's for sure. :eat3:

Where are you?????????????????

This is a very sweet win...Oh yeah!!!!!!!!

PonyExpress said:
Cincinnati is an immature team coming off an emotional victory, which some of them celebrated to excess (read C. Henry et. al.). Palmer is immobile compared with his former self. The Cinci O-line has been troubled by protection problems. The Cinci defense has been decimated at LB. The front 4 is competent but not exceptional with Smith and Adams. The secondary, while ballhawking, thrives on jumping routes for the big play, a risky tactic born of confidence in their offense's ability to score 24+ points a gain. They have seen the video of the Pats sub-par performances, and the tendency for a let down will be somewhat magnified by a justifiable lack of respect for a struggling opponent, history be damned. Human nature will dictate that. The crowd will be crazed, raucous, a parade of appreciation pre-game for defeating the hated Steelers. The Bengals will come out on an emotional high, and go quickly for the knockout to throw red meat to the lions in the crowd. They are an emotional, fiery group.

The Pats are going to go with the 4-3 in this game. It is their best way to put pressure on Palmer, the key to the game. They will unleash Seymour, Warren, Green, Wilfork and Wright on the inconsistent Cinci O-line and the wobbly Levi Jones. The intent will be to throw off Palmer's timing from the get go. The lack of LBer speed in the 4-3 for the Pats is not a huge concern because Rudi Johnson is a between the tackles runner with limited ability to get to the corners. Whatever the outcome of the game, the Pats will knock Palmer silly. The Cinci receivers will make their plays... but the Cinci run game will be spotty, and Palmer is going to take his punishment. There is a good chance Chris Henry will be BENCHED for this game by Marvin Lewis as a statement to his team about extracurricular activities. Housyourmama and Johnson will score in this game; They will go for a quick strike early, trying to demoralize the Pats' already shaky Dbackfield for a 7-0 lead. Cinci will score in this game... 20-27 points.

When the Pats are on offense, Cinci will first try to cheat to the line of scrimmage a la the Broncos, but even this will be unsuccessful to stop the running game, because the Bengal LBers don't match the Bronco's all-world trio. Watson will have a break out game in the neighborhood of 7 catches/70 yards due to break downs among the unproven Bengal LBers, and I expect Gabriel to make his mark. IMO Brady will break out of his funk with an additional week acclimating to his receivers and I expect Maroney/Dillon to combine for 160+ yards against the Bengals' porous front 7. Ideally, Gostkowski will reassert himself; Even without him the team will emerge with a satisfying 31-24, 28-24 victory.

DAMN PONY. You weren't that far off on most of your predictions.

PonyExpress said:
How sweet it is.:)

Hats off to you for starting this great thread with such a belief in our team. I am elated to be proven wrong!!!

I just can't believe that our secondary (playing without Hobbs etc.) managed to hold them to zero points in the second half.

Go Pats! Go PatsFans like yourself for never losing the hope!!

NYCPatsFan said:
Hats off to you for starting this great thread with such a belief in our team. I am elated to be proven wrong!!!

I just can't believe that our secondary (playing without Hobbs etc.) managed to hold them to zero points in the second half.

Yup, pretty damn good

NYCPatsFan said:

I hate to do this, but Pony you weren't quite as confident as this thread, when you picked Cincy giving up 6 points in our predictions thread!

Man today was sweet today though, and thank god you were right in this thread and not that one :)

OldEnglandPatriot said:
I hate to do this, but Pony you weren't quite as confident as this thread, when you picked Cincy giving up 6 points in our predictions thread!

Man today was sweet today though, and thank god you were right in this thread and not that one :)
OEP,
What the heck are you talking about? :confused: You are mistaken. My picks were in boldface. I had the Pats all the way. That was a low blow. Read the picks again, more closely and you'll see the error of your ways.

Last edited:
Pony, we are not worthy.
You were right. Us girly men picked the Tigris Pantheris.
I luv being so wrong.

Because I picked a bone with him about his analysis it is only fair to point out PonyExpress was very insightful in his pre-game assessment. I just want to tip my hat to him! Good call, dude.

PonyExpress said:
Cincinnati is an immature team coming off an emotional victory, which some of them celebrated to excess (read C. Henry et. al.). Palmer is immobile compared with his former self. The Cinci O-line has been troubled by protection problems. The Cinci defense has been decimated at LB. The front 4 is competent but not exceptional with Smith and Adams. The secondary, while ballhawking, thrives on jumping routes for the big play, a risky tactic born of confidence in their offense's ability to score 24+ points a gain. They have seen the video of the Pats sub-par performances, and the tendency for a let down will be somewhat magnified by a justifiable lack of respect for a struggling opponent, history be damned. Human nature will dictate that. The crowd will be crazed, raucous, a parade of appreciation pre-game for defeating the hated Steelers. The Bengals will come out on an emotional high, and go quickly for the knockout to throw red meat to the lions in the crowd. They are an emotional, fiery group.

The Pats are going to go with the 4-3 in this game. It is their best way to put pressure on Palmer, the key to the game. They will unleash Seymour, Warren, Green, Wilfork and Wright on the inconsistent Cinci O-line and the wobbly Levi Jones. The intent will be to throw off Palmer's timing from the get go. The lack of LBer speed in the 4-3 for the Pats is not a huge concern because Rudi Johnson is a between the tackles runner with limited ability to get to the corners. Whatever the outcome of the game, the Pats will knock Palmer silly. The Cinci receivers will make their plays... but the Cinci run game will be spotty, and Palmer is going to take his punishment. There is a good chance Chris Henry will be BENCHED for this game by Marvin Lewis as a statement to his team about extracurricular activities. Housyourmama and Johnson will score in this game; They will go for a quick strike early, trying to demoralize the Pats' already shaky Dbackfield for a 7-0 lead. Cinci will score in this game... 20-27 points.

When the Pats are on offense, Cinci will first try to cheat to the line of scrimmage a la the Broncos, but even this will be unsuccessful to stop the running game, because the Bengal LBers don't match the Bronco's all-world trio. Watson will have a break out game in the neighborhood of 7 catches/70 yards due to break downs among the unproven Bengal LBers, and I expect Gabriel to make his mark. IMO Brady will break out of his funk with an additional week acclimating to his receivers and I expect Maroney/Dillon to combine for 160+ yards against the Bengals' porous front 7. Ideally, Gostkowski will reassert himself; Even without him the team will emerge with a satisfying 31-24, 28-24 victory.

Kudos for the best post of NFL Week 4!

:rocker:

Okay, Pony, now you have to tell me what the winning lottery numbers are likely to be.

I look forward to your analysis.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back