PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why The Pats Will Not Take Bobby Carpenter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
In the first round at least. Write that down. And do you know why they won't take him in the first round? Because when most people predict a certain player is going to the Pats they take a totatly different player. Oh, didn't everyone think the Pats were going to take David Terrell in '01? Oh yeah, they took Seymour! No one saw that coming...The point is, just when you think you know, you don't have a clue who they will take. So toss the Carpenter possibility out the window. Hey, I would love to grab him in the 2nd round, but not the first. I'm banking that they won't take Carpenter in the first round. I rest my case.:)

THEARCHIVES said:
...The point is, just when you think you know, you don't have a clue who they will take.
Ofcourse no one KNOWS, but we have done okay with out guessing. I correctly guessed Graham and Wilfork, which puts me 50% in the last four years. And there are many, many posters here who are much better than I draft-wise. Someone here even predicted we'd take Logan Mankins!

I do get a chuckle out of the illogic of your premise:

You are certain that the Pats will not take Carpenter because no one has a clue who they will pick.

THEARCHIVES said:
In the first round at least. Write that down. And do you know why they won't take him in the first round? Because when most people predict a certain player is going to the Pats they take a totatly different player. Oh, didn't everyone think the Pats were going to take David Terrell in '01? Oh yeah, they took Seymour! No one saw that coming...The point is, just when you think you know, you don't have a clue who they will take. So toss the Carpenter possibility out the window. Hey, I would love to grab him in the 2nd round, but not the first. I'm banking that they won't take Carpenter in the first round. I rest my case.:)

Ty Warren wasn't much of a shock.

Don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if they took the best lb, olb/de, like they took the best tackle that year.

Also wouldn't be surprised if they passed if that turned out to be Carpenter.

I keep on saying this, over and over...yet no one else agrees with me.

Belichick will pick some player that no one ever heard of before.

...and he will be good to great.

So, what ever Mel Kiper has us picking...should be swell...for us to poop on!!!!

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
I keep on saying this, over and over...yet no one else agrees with me.

Belichick will pick some player that no one ever heard of before.

...and he will be good to great.
Well, either that or they trade up for D'Brick. :eek:

I don't think that the consensus pick is Carpenter at #21. I think most people are thinking we are taking DeAngelo Williams there, so to say that BB is going to do something that people don't see coming would be for him to NOT take Williams, not Carpenter...

chunkyponyTE82 said:
I don't think that the consensus pick is Carpenter at #21. I think most people are thinking we are taking DeAngelo Williams there, so to say that BB is going to do something that people don't see coming would be for him to NOT take Williams, not Carpenter...

Seriously, it seems to me the consensus pick is Williams. Either that or Holmes. Both are ludicrous.

I feel like a broken record: Greenway, Carpenter, Lawson... otherwise, Whitner, Wimbley or Marshall. Long shot: Tye Hill (please no!), Kiwanuka or... okay, Deangelo-- but hopefully in a trade down. Interesting: all defensive.

THEARCHIVES said:

Ok, You're wrong about Seymour. Many people thought the Pats would take him or Kenyatta Walker.

You are correct most wise one....

THEARCHIVES said:

I think you hit the nail on the head. Bill B is too unpredictable.:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

DaBruinz said:
Ok, You're wrong about Seymour. Many people thought the Pats would take him or Kenyatta Walker.

Yes, Kenyatta was one of them. Seymour was not. Many people also thought Deuce McCalister would be the pick as well. That's why many Pats fans where like "WTF?" when they took Seymour. I wanted Duece, but Seymour has been more consistant than Deuce. Anybody that thinks that the Pats will take Carpenter has been drinking too much cool-aid, and they would be reaching if they do so.

Can anybody help me out here? What was the consensous mock pick for the picks in that 6th spot in '01.

"Yes, Kenyatta was one of them. Seymour was not."

Um, yeah he was. I went back and checked out the '01 draft a couple years ago and there were mock drafts that had us taking Seymour at #6. Was it the majority? No. Terrell, Walker and McAlister had the majority. However, there were people that saw us taking him. People on this board said we should take him. To act like it was just completely out of left field is dead wrong.

THEARCHIVES said:
wow such an original thought. how do you come up with this stuff?

THEARCHIVES said:

The lights in THEARCHIVES must be pretty dim. :eek:

Seymour was not a surprise pick. I don't know where people are getting this. It was a choice between Seymour, Stroud, and Casey Hampton. But by draft day most people thought it would be Seymour with only Wrong Borges was talking about Terrel.

This year there are many who are not picking Carpenter.

The mocks are all over the place with DeAngelo Williams being on many boards. I hope that they don't take him.

rookBoston said:
Seriously, it seems to me the consensus pick is Williams. Either that or Holmes. Both are ludicrous.

I feel like a broken record: Greenway, Carpenter, Lawson... otherwise, Whitner, Wimbley or Marshall. Long shot: Tye Hill (please no!), Kiwanuka or... okay, Deangelo-- but hopefully in a trade down. Interesting: all defensive.
Ditto. There will be a LOT of OLBs taken at the end of round 1 and early round 2. At 21, we're in somewhat of a sweet spot to almost have our choice of the whole lot (although Dallas and Miami a few picks before us are likely to go OLB also). If we don't take one there, there could be 8 or more OLBs taken between #21 and our second round pick. That's why I think it's almost definite that we go OLB there. Lots of talent at OLB this year - but lots of other teams are also looking at OLB (including many 3-4 teams), so that talent will be falling off the board quickly.

PATSNUTme said:
The lights in THEARCHIVES must be pretty dim. :eek:

Seymour was not a surprise pick. I don't know where people are getting this. It was a choice between Seymour, Stroud, and Casey Hampton. But by draft day most people thought it would be Seymour with only Wrong Borges was talking about Terrel.

Jonathan Sullivan was mentioned also right? My memory is shot.

if your point is that the draft is completely unpredictable and that mock drafts are merely sales jobs by agents/schools/front offices, I'm sure most of us can agree on that.

As far as Carp goes, I'm not sure why there's been a smear campaign on this guy...I'm getting suspicious.

Let's be real clear -- The only reason we have a shot at getting Carp, or why he might be "a reach" as you say, is because the guy broke his leg in November...otherwise he's off the board well before #21. trust me.

Will they take him?, who knows, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes. I'm sure he'd be a nice fit, but there are others on the radar too...I'm just glad they're the ones making the call.

CrazyDave said:
Jonathan Sullivan was mentioned also right? My memory is shot.

Sullivan was the year after, I believe. So, far he's nothing like Seymour or Stroud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back