PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why the Patriots lost last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
There are a number of things why the Pats lost last night. I do believe the new spygate talks was a major distraction for the Patriots. The Patriots are not robots, and finally everything that has gone on through out the season and the distractions that came up the day before had an effect. That was a terribly coached game and it don't take a genius to know that BB was totally not in his right mind last night. We didn't kick that field goal we should have. Ghost would have hit that field goal. That one play might have been the biggest reason.( there was a number of bad decisions but using the biggest as example) Yes, people can say he might have missed that field goal, but most likely, being indoors, and hitting 55 yarders in warmup he would have. I've heard many reasons why the Pats lost and if you can pick one play, or one decision why the Pats lost please share. I'll attach a poll for fun.

Pats lost because on every 3rd play, the OLine let a LB come in untouched

you lost because your defense is soft against the pass and your offensive line can not stop
the blitz.

:)

Last edited:
you lost because your defense is soft against the pass and your offensive line can not stop
the blitz.

The offensive line can stop the blitz, they did it most of the year.

They just can't stop the Giants.

The Pat's defense wasn't the problem last night. Offensively we didn't adjust like we had been all season. The one good drive we had in the 4th was great, but once we had 1st & goal on the 1 we needed to milk some clock. Not a single run was called. We could've taken that clock down to under 2 minutes.

the blitz.

Oh great. The TROLL is back.

The Patriots can and have stopped the blitz. That is only part of the reason they lost.

The offensive line can stop the blitz, they did it most of the year.

They just can't stop the Giants.

defense wins superbowls

it would have looked sooooo much better had Belichick not run on to the field and acted the way he did at the
end of the game. just made it even more fun for the Giant fans.

Last edited:
The Pat's defense wasn't the problem last night. Offensively we didn't adjust like we had been all season. The one good drive we had in the 4th was great, but once we had 1st & goal on the 1 we needed to milk some clock. Not a single run was called. We could've taken that clock down to under 2 minutes.

Bakes - It was actually 1st and goal from the 6, but you are right about the rest of it. Why didn't they run Maroney to either milk the clock or force the Giants to use their TOs. They do that and the Giants wouldn't have been able to march down the field the way they did.

This is almost identical to the last drive of the AFCCG last year. Except then the Pats had a reason. Faulk, Dillon and Maroney were all hurt.

Bakes - It was actually 1st and goal from the 6, but you are right about the rest of it. Why didn't they run Maroney to either milk the clock or force the Giants to use their TOs. They do that and the Giants wouldn't have been able to march down the field the way they did.

This is almost identical to the last drive of the AFCCG last year. Except then the Pats had a reason. Faulk, Dillon and Maroney were all hurt.

I must have got it confused with the 1st td. But yeah the higher percentage play there was to run the ball. Why risk an INT 3 times when at worst you have a chip shot FG?

You're all wrong. We lost because BB traded his trademark grey hoodie for a brand new red one.

If watching Star Trek has taught us anything, it's never where red. The guys in the red shirts are always the first ones to get killed.

They lost because Troy Brown was inactive
This was a symbol for how the team had gone hollywood and forgotten its roots

They lost because BB focuses all of his energy on the LBs, often at the expense of CBs, who are just as important
Randall Gay and Ellis Hobbs were awful all night, Samuel made one play only

They lost b/c Brady seemed to be willing to just take sacks all night
In the past he would have thrown it away or moved; last night he'd just hold the ball and take hits

They lost b/c they realized they had turned into the '01 Rams, which had never been their intention
The contrast between the youthful innocent genuine Brady and the supermodel dating dude who shows up to every press conference in a suit was quite apparent

Don't blame Gay for this one. He played with more heart than the rest of the team combined, it seemed.

They lost because Troy Brown was inactive
This was a symbol for how the team had gone hollywood and forgotten its roots

They lost because BB focuses all of his energy on the LBs, often at the expense of CBs, who are just as important
Randall Gay and Ellis Hobbs were awful all night, Samuel made one play only

They lost b/c Brady seemed to be willing to just take sacks all night
In the past he would have thrown it away or moved; last night he'd just hold the ball and take hits

They lost b/c they realized they had turned into the '01 Rams, which had never been their intention
The contrast between the youthful innocent genuine Brady and the supermodel dating dude who shows up to every press conference in a suit was quite apparent

Those are the four stupidest reasons for why they lost that I have heard yet. There are a lot of legitimate reasons, but none of those are them.

Those are the four stupidest reasons for why they lost that I have heard yet. There are a lot of legitimate reasons, but none of those are them.

I find your counter-argument extremely compelling

This is the worst performance I have seen.

1-Nobody protected Tom Brady. As a result, he was sacked and knocked down more than we can imagine.
2-Pats offensive receives 3+ penalties for false start in third quarter.
3- 14 points in a 60 min game.? What happened to half time ADJUSTMENT.? If this is how #1 offensive team scores, it was a ****ty game.
4-The bottom line is our offensive was NO GOOD at all even though the weather was nice.

Of course, our D didn't deliver in the last 2 minutes. By the way, did anybody notice that the LAST TD which GIANTs scored in this game WAS EXACTLY the same TD which was SCORED in game 16.? Nobody in defensive staff took notes of this.?

1. Poor pass protection - self explanatory

2. Too many missed opportunites

- Pierre Woods falls straight on a loose ball, does not come up with it. I'm sorry but there's no excuse for that whatsoever.
- We get a free first down from the 12 men on the field penalty IN Giants territory, thats like a turnover. Do absolutely nothing with it.
- Dropped INT's
- I don't know how Eli got away when we had him by the jersey.

If we make one of these plays above, we probably win or at least are tied at the end of regulation.

The decision to go for it on 4th and 13 looks really bad now but I can't say I was bashing it at the time they lined up. Ghost had the one kickoff go out of bounds and Hanson began with 2 God awful punts, I had zero faith in the special teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down