Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why the media is pumping Huckleberry

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The mainstream media is now pumping Huckabee like there's no tomorrow. He's everywhere: on TV, in the news papers, on the websites. Huckabee's EVERYWHERE!!!

Why??

Good question.

---->> Because they are scared to DEATH of Mitt Romney. Romney is emerging -- as I first felt some months ago -- as the best candidate in this field. Not only is he the best among the Repubs; he's the best, period: executive skills, knows how to keep a bottom line, good family values, good record. What's not to like!! He's the best of the field, so far.

You heard it here first. Mitt Romney will make a good, if not great, president.

//
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Like I said in a thread last week, while the (D)s are new and exciting, the (R) candidates look more mature and presidential to me by a fairly wide margin. This will likely show up in the general election although the anti (R) tilt we're getting may be enough to win it for the (D)s anyway. Regardless, Romney, Giuliani or McCain all look far more ready to be President than the screamer (Clinton) or the empty promiser (Obama).
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, it's a long time between now and November. A lot can happen in eleven months. I think the more people get to see of Romney -- who, after all, is a relative unknown for 95% of Americans, unlike the "cry-on-cue" Hill/Bill show. The more I see of Romney, and I'm one of those who knows little about him, the more I like. He's got something good going on.

//
  4. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

This is easy. He fully supports the constant funding of Zionism and Isreal.

DUH... he is a CFR ringer. His article is quoted right on the CFR website that I made as a thread.

Hehehe... funny.

You made me laugh harder than NUT does.

Funny guys... you are.

SIGH...
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

While I think Hucklebee would be easiest to beat, Romney is my second choice. He's too slick, has lots of flipflops, and his record in MA is not impressive. McCain would be harder to beat, because he appeals to independents. But, I think his age would work against him, since the Dems are far more youthful. I don't think anyone's particularly scared of Romney; he's very vice presidential.
  6. mtbykr

mtbykr PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

I said this in another thread. I believe the reason to prop up the huckster is because he would be the easiest to defeat in the general election. His record, not to mention some of his recent comments, the dems can rip apart.

If you notice recently the main focus of the dems was the war and how bad it was...not that the war is going better they changed their tactics and the economy is the #1 issue for them. Huckster is terrible on the economy while it is where Romney excels. The dems don't want to face Romney with the economy front and center in a GE becuase that is in his wheelhouse.
  7. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

With each state's presidential primary it becomes more apparent that the Republican Party does not have a strong candidate. It wasn't too long ago everyone was trumpeting the coming out of Fred Thompson. He still could have a go with a win in Carolina. Giuliani is waiting in Florida where a win furthers his campaign. Huckabee is pandering to the christian coalition, noticed how he has flipped on some issues. Romney won Michigan where he's from and where his father was governor. He promised them their jobs back where as McCain stated that wasn't going to happen. Gee, I wonder why he won that state. That leaves us with McCain. Yea, looks like a strong field, and with the way the economy is tanking I think there is a real good chance of having another Republican in the White House.
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

The Dems look just as bad. Hillary is as much of a panderer and flip flopper as anyone and Obama is just an empty promiser for now, his resume is as empty as the details he gives on what he'd change.
  9. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Except Edwards is a really good candidate who is finally just speaking his mind and putting it all out there. His populism is well received wherever he goes but unfortunately the corporate media decided before the race even started that Edwards would be marginalized and labeled as a candidate who couldn't win. The result is that despite his popularity he doesn't have a fair stake because too many people think of this race as Obama v. Hillary thanks to CNN et al.
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I keep hearing all this talk about "flip-flopping", but the only issue that he changed on was from being pro-abortion to being anti-abortion. Seems like he just came home to his original values instead of trying to shoe-horn some political correctness into his socks just to please the wind-blown trends.

Romney is solid. That's why the media and the Dems are always pooh-poohing him. They fear him the most.

McCain is not dignified or smart enough or exciting enough to be the number one choice of the Repub field. That belongs to Mitt Romney.

//
  11. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The Dems want Huckleberry because they see him as "easy pickens". And the media is made up of 90% who vote Democrat.

But that wasn't enough in 2000. Or 2004. (Right, Al and Heinz-Kerry???)

Dems may be in for a surprise this time around, too.

//
  12. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

No, wrong. It was enough in 2000.
  13. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Little 2 minute check on what you claim.

spite the governor's pledge of no new taxes, his proposal does increase some taxes and fees: The administration says it can collect an additional $70 million by "closing loopholes" in corporate and sales tax rules (Scott Greenberger, “M
  14. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fogbuster you will have to revise your claim about mitt, just saying

Home Videos Channels Community Upload
    Mitt Romney is a Flip Flopper

Share Favorite Add to Playlists Flag

This video has been added to your favorites.
    The video has been added to your playlist.
    This video will appear on your blog shortly.
    (close)Thank you for sharing your concerns.
    (close)Thank you for flagging this video. Content of this nature is not necessarily prohibited on YouTube, however we will review this video and take action as appropriate.
    (close)Per our Community Guidelines, hate speech is specifically defined in reference to "protected groups."
    (close)Thank you for sharing your concerns. We can only process copyright complaints submitted by authorized parties in accordance with processes defined in law. There may be significant legal penalties for false notices. Please refer to our Help Center for more information and the complete instructions.
    (close)Thank you for sharing your concerns. In order to process a privacy complaint we need more information from you. Please refer to our Help Center for more information and the form to submit.
    Thank you for sharing this video!
    Password:

Forgot Username | Forgot Password

Login with your Google account

Rate:
    107 ratings
    Login to rate Views: 9,130

Comments: 215 Favorited: 8 times Honors: 0 Links: 5

Sites Linking to This Video:
    17 clicks from http://blogs.thestate.com/bradwarthensblog/2007/02/t...
    5 clicks from http://www.raisingkaine.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=7931
    5 clicks from http://catholicknight.blogspot.com/
    4 clicks from http://allhiphop.com/forums/thread/18611990.aspx
    3 clicks from http://www.mikehuckabeepresident2008.blogspot.com/

Comments & Responses
    Show: all comments excellent (+10 or better) great (+5 or better) good (0 or better) average (-5 or better) poor (-10 or better) Help Change this to see only comments above a certain value.
    Change the value of a comment by clicking on a thumb. Post a video response
    Post a text comment

mittphony (1 day ago) Show Hide Marked as spam 0 Reply Mitt parses words like Clinton.

Exaggerates like Gore.

Switches positions like Kerry.

The democrats would eat him up.
    MACKATTACK1970 (1 day ago) Show Hide Marked as spam 0 Reply If you can't make up your mind about abortion till you hit 60 years of age, you are either:

1. Running for Office (i.e., lying)
    2. A moron
    3. A late bloomer, or
    4. Full of ****.

Please choose number 1, 2, 3 or 4.
    jaystoner99 (1 week ago) Show Hide Marked as spam +4 Reply MITT ROMNEY would be an excellent used car salesman--he would probably tell you the MOTOR is new when it actually it's 10 YEARS old.He would probably tell you the TIRES are new as well and as soon as you kick the TIRES the car breaks down. MITT ROMNEY IS A PHONY PLAIN AND SIMPLE
    rafussen (1 week ago) Show Hide Marked as spam -3 Reply I think it is significant to note that Romney never flip-flopped. Rather, he just flipped.

Unlike John Kerry--who was against, then for, then against again--Romney was for abortion, and then saw the light and became pro-life.

We all make mistakes, and we all change--nobody has lived their whole life believing all the same things since birth.
    Pwells1 (1 week ago) Show Hide Marked as spam -1 Reply Saw the light? what are you a moron? He ran in Massacusetts, an extremely liberal state, and he knew the only way to win was to fall in line with liberal politics.

Now he's running for the repub nom, and he needs southern voters, so he panders to them. Much like McCain is doing and Huckabee and Guliani too. 4 moderate repubs, and they all are making themselves more like neocons in order to get a nomination. Its disgusting.
    rafussen (1 week ago) Show Hide Marked as spam 0 Reply who doesn't cater or tailor a position to people in order to get their votes?
    Pwells1 (1 week ago) Show Hide Marked as spam +1 Reply Changing positions on both gay marriage and abortion rights from the extreme left to the complete right is a little more than tailoring a position.

If he got the nomination, then I bet he'd "tailor his position" a bit more back to where he was. Its crap.
    FormerMALiberall (5 days ago) Show Hide Marked as spam 0 Reply "I think it is significant to note that Romney never flip-flopped. Rather, he just flipped."

What the **** kind of argument is that? Do you realize what you're essentially saying is that Romney's a 'Dousche' but not a 'Bag!' No matter how you try to paint it, this guy's a shameless, pandering prick!
    FormerMALiberall (1 week ago) Show Hide Marked as spam 0 Reply OK! Here we go again! Romney ran for and was elected Governor of MASS in 2002. Now do your math....that was FIVE years ago. So it was FIVE years ago that he ran on the SAME platform as in 1994...and no, people don't do a complete flip flop on all major issues in 5 years unless they're--can I hear the word?--PANDERING!
    Cassadine1966 (2 weeks ago) Show Hide Marked as spam 0 Reply "GOVERNOR MITT ROMNEY IS STRONG NEW LEADERSHIP FOR THE 21ST CENTURY."

Yawn! Which Romney pamphlet are you quoting that from, doodlebug!
    Next Pages: 1 2 3 ... View all 215 comments
    Would you like to comment?
    Join YouTube for a free account, or log in if you are already a member. From: nyprogressive
    Subscribe Unsubscribe Joined: 1 year ago
    Videos: 77

About This Video Mitt Romney does the flip flop on abortion and ... (more)
    Added: February 17, 2007
    Mitt Romney does the flip flop on abortion and marriage equality for all. First he's for it, and then he's against it. So, why should American voters believe anything Mitt Romney says? One way or another, Romney is trying to pull the wool over our eyes. (less)
    Added: February 17, 2007
    Category: News & Politics
    Tags: Mitt Romney Massachussetts White House president 2008 election republican flip flop political marriage abortion gay

URL

Embed customize

After making your selection, copy and paste the embed code above. The code changes based on your selection.
    Include related videos
    Don't include related videos

Show Border
    (close)
    More From: nyprogressive
    QuickList
    QuickList 0 videos Play All Stop Autoplaying 1 Related
    Save | Clear
    Display: Related Videos
    Mitt Romney Flip-Flop on Abortion
    00:27 From: realitycheck2008
    Views: 30,564
    Gov Mitt Romney on Gay Marriage
    00:34 From: JohnnyPolitico
    Views: 3,931
    Mitt Romney on 60 Minutes with Mike Wallace - Flip Flop Rap
    01:47 From: adgadpad
    Views: 6,029
    Ann Coulter Mitt Romney Bash the Gays
    00:56 From: Tangodeltasixer
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

REally?? I could have sworn that was Geo Bush waving from the steps of Air Force One on TV today, not John Heinz-Kerry ("Reporting for Duty" :eek: )

//
  16. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fogbuster were the swiftboaters claims about john kerry correct?
  17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

as if we actually "heard it here first"... lol... newsflash: we've heard it several times before, it certainly didn't imminate from YOU... regardless, they were just as wrong as you are... frankly, you're all over the board on who your "number 1" is... so your unsolicited, whimsical opinion is kinda funny.... not long ago, you were completely in the Huckleberry camp... here's you pumping Giuliani... and just yesterday, it was McCain who was among your two favorites...

Now it's Romney... :rolleyes: ... great... meanwhile, here's you admitting you don't know much about him, and suddenly it's a full man crush for the Moron... i mean, Mormon... i think all you know is he's a Gods-man, and he's "attractive"...

he's a complete phony... and another yes-man corporate enabler who's vowed to "leave it in there (Iraq) until the job's done" ... another obediant puppet for the Bilderburgers...
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

See, that's what I'm noticing. Just the mere mention of Mitt Romney as the next president, and people go totally freaking

[size=+3] BONKERS!!! NUTS!!! and CRAZY as LOONS!!![/size]

Ergo, my rule of thumb is: if the mainstream Dems are shouting him down, he must be good, and, most of all [size=+2] that candidate, in this case Mitt Romney, must be the biggest threat to their dreams!!! [/size].

Just a feeling.

//
  19. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

What did the swiftboaters say???

//
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

.... so-o-o, guess we'll just put you down as "UNDECIDED".

Thank you!! Have a Great Day!!

:D

//