Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why the Jacksons activations are dependent upon one another

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by BradyManny, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +83 / 4 / -0

Stay with me for a minute...this from Reiss...

OK, so to me, what this means is, that in order for Chad Jackson to come back, they would need to find a suitable ST replacement for Kelley Washington, who may be the likely cut if CJ is to be activated. Eddie Jackson could be that guy.

Likewise, in order for Eddie Jackson to be activated, there would need to be a wide receiver capable enough of taking Kelley Washington's place on the depth chart. That's Chad Jackson.

In some weird symbiotic and reciprocal way, I think that the Jacksons are going to help lead to each other's activation, and in turn, displace Washington and Mitchell (depending upon severity of his injury). Previously, I stated I didn't see the need for Washington to be cut to make way for Chad, but if Eddie Jackson is the ST stud we signed him to be, then maybe that's what happens.
  2. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 1 / -0

thiking about that, its a pretty good point...kelly is waved, mel goes on IR, and the jacksons are in, one for WR, the other as a ST
  3. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +83 / 4 / -0

Yup, I think this is probably the best route for the team. I was excited when they got Washington, but if he has to go to make way for Jackson, so be it. A nice clean swap of the aforementioned players (Jacksons for Washington & Mitchell) seems reasonable.
  4. dolphinx

dolphinx Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

but what about micheal tito and jermaine?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  5. wpdougie2180

wpdougie2180 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Why get 2 players to perform 1 players job why not cut someone like Andrews? And how many games did Mitchell play only one I remember is the game Washington didn't play
  6. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +325 / 20 / -48

#50 Jersey

Gee, maybe because ANDREWS is a regular gunner on special teams where Mitchell and Washington are lining up on the line...
  7. wpdougie2180

wpdougie2180 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Ok I hadn't been paying to much attention but I knew Washington was one of the gunners all preseason. Was just simply stating why use 2 roster spots to replace one guy as the thread opener said your activating them just to replace Washington. I believe at least CJ would be more utilized than that but that's for another topic.
  8. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,281 / 15 / -18

In Belicheck We Trust

learn it
  9. pats63

pats63 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:confused: Andrews:confused: Dude he is going to be special....might be a future FS or even a corner...I think Bill like Willie...
  10. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +325 / 20 / -48

#50 Jersey

In all honesty, the thread starter over-looked one player that the Pats had be regularly making inactive. Rashad Baker. He can step in and take Mitchell's spot if they need.

I don't see either Jackson getting activated this week, in all honesty.
  11. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0

Willie Andrews is a key figure on S/T's and is becoming a possibility in the secondary. He's a very solid young player. NO WAY would I cut him.
  12. sebman2112

sebman2112 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You may be correct to some extent, but I don't believe you're entirely accurate. Chad can probably contribute just as much on coverage teams as Kelley, and he could also help out as a returner.

To me, it'd be more like replacing Kelley with Chad, and replacing Mel with Eddie, who gives you better depth at CB as well.
  13. sebman2112

sebman2112 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yea, I've also noticed Andrews flashing signs of development. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he ends up being a solid contributor in the secondary over the next few years.
  14. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Andrews stays...he's a top STer....an interesting situation with teh Jacksons...
  15. Mack Herron

Mack Herron Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 2 / -2

#24 Jersey

Interesting thought, but we took a hit on ST this week. I believe Washington is too solid on ST to let go. I could see activating Eddie Jackson to bolster STs, and letting go someone who makes less of a contribution there (e.g., Baker).
  16. zoostation

zoostation Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

That's actually funny!

It's it's nice to see a Dolphin fan can have a sense of humor after all you’ve been through. Well….I guess…….come to think about it….you really have to have a sense of humor to follow a team who hasn’t done anything since the 70’s.

Just kidding.......good luck in the game. Tell Jason Taylor we have a spot for him.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  17. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +83 / 4 / -0

True, but I'd have to wonder if they'd put him out on ST immediately. ACL is a pretty traumatic injury, and to send him out on ST coverage, I feel like there's a mental barrier he'd have to get over first before he could do that. Maybe physically, he's OK.
  18. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +83 / 4 / -0

Fair enough, I hadn't figured Baker in the mix. And I was not suggesting either Jackson gets activated this week, no reason why BB shouldn't wait until the very end of the window to make moves considering injuries can change everything.
  19. psychoPat

psychoPat Role Player PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Another very enlightening thread !
    Thanx, guys.
    I'm getting it now.
  20. sebman2112

sebman2112 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Still want to cut Andrews?? :D