PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why the ---- is this relevant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean Payton, Saints coach, reportedly files for divorce - NFL.com

Honestly, why is his personal life being put out there, especially something they aren't even sure of? Let garbage websites like TMZ run these stories, why is NFL.com listing this on the front page of their website?

Yeah that's ridiculous. Not only is it on the front page, it's the top headline. I can't wait until this fall so the top story will be when one of Goodell's daughters fails a math test.

Seriously!!!

Is this retaliation from the NFL for Payton's role in the bounty scandal? This is ridiculous. Don't ever recall a professional sports league reporting news like this on their official website.

Honestly, why is his personal life being put out there, especially something they aren't even sure of? Let garbage websites like TMZ run these stories, why is NFL.com listing this on the front page of their website?

Thank you. This is so tacky its disturbing. Goodells turning the NFL into a soap opera. NFL.com will plaster every negative on the site in minutes about the saints, but takes them weeks to post any info opposed to their position, if ever. Its getting ridicules. But, these personal things have no place being posted, about anyone.
They really are crossing the line with this.

heck, thats a falcons fan quote, and we hate each other,lol
Exactly what does this have to do with football. Is NFL.com hiring TMZ reporters now? I don't like the Saints or their coaches when it comes to football (not that they aren't talnted, but I'm a Falcons fan so dislike them on general principle) but leave the man's personal life alone.

Last edited:
Can't wait fore Goodell's resident Patsfan lawyer to chirp in like the ******ed parrot he is blabbing up another one of his patented knob slobbering extravaganzas of bombastic hot air... "Rog reported for the good of the league!!...and the owners ALL agree!!!..he's the axeman!! ...the executioner!!..You fans are stupid and want honest facts!!..That's not why the owners hired Rog...and he's working in their interests for the good of the game...so screw Payton and his poor divorce proceeding...probably will get some judge that can't even find the divorce court or some idiots that just want to say they met a former head coach to man a jury..they are all STUPID...only Rog is smart...and ME of course...so all of you should shut up and let ME be the only one allowed to post here...or else I'll insult, complain, vetch and vomit THOUSANDS more misspelled, egocentric blabberations at anyone who DARES question MY opinion when I state it as FACT!!"

Last edited:

Amen. Wildly inappropriate to make a coach's private family life -- which he clearly went to some lengths to keep private -- an NFL.com headline. THIS is conduct unbecoming the league, Mr. Goodell.

It's click-bait. No more, no less. The league (and its website) should be above that, but I haven't been impressed with much of anything that its done in the Goodell era, so this barely even registers for me.

When did Goodell start writing media policy for NFL.com? Seriously, some of you guys irrationally deride Goodell for everything the NFL does.

The broadcast of Payton's divorce deserve ridicule. Direct it at the Digital Media Manager (whoever that may be).

Last edited:
When did Goodell start writing media policy for NFL.com? Seriously, some of you guys irrationally deride Goodell for everything the NFL does.

The broadcast of Payton's divorce deserve ridicule. Direct it at the Digital Media Manager (whoever that may be).

I don't see anyone claiming that Goodell decides what gets reported on NFL.com, more that it's consistent with the general trend of his tenure as commissioner (trading quality for revenue and greater mass appeal).

Unless Joker did claim that... I honestly can't make heads or tails of his post.

Last edited:
Rant level rising - brb need a smoke.

Its like one of those Direct TV commercials where the guy eventually winds up in the gutter because he has cable tv.

Get caught approving bounties and lose your NFL HC job for 1 year, get fined, get a divorce, go fishing since you cant coach this season and get lost at sea, get washed up on a deserted island, wind up talking to a volleyball as your friend.

Dont approve bounties.

I don't see anyone claiming that Goodell decides what gets reported on NFL.com, more that it's consistent with the general trend of his tenure as commissioner (trading quality for revenue and greater mass appeal).

Unless Joker did claim that... I honestly can't make heads or tails of his post.

I'm not "claiming" anything. I just want to see the inevitable justification of the league's media mouthpiece,NFL.com,taking a dirty,scummy cheap shot at Payton while Lord High Executioner Goodell sits silently in the background displaying tacit approval.It's not like he hasn't done this exact same thing before...e.g. Tomase,Schlereth, Easterbrook,Marshall Faulk,taping Rams walkthroughs, how they sent the tapes up to a booth,broke them down and sent them back down to the sidelines so the Patriots KNEW the next play.....crickets from Goodell the entire time and then suddenly..engaging wingnut senator Specter in the press with this idiotic press release.."Goodell, in his previously scheduled news conference Friday in Phoenix, said, "I am more than willing to speak with the senator. There are very good explanations why the tapes were destroyed by our staff -- there was no purpose for them." ."Explanations" of one...there was no purpose for them...talk about the arsonist fireman. The fury of the public was raised exponentially after those "explanations". I clearly remember NFL.com running every one of these open lies and ridiculous theories smearing the Patriots as Goodell said NOTHING as well as the wall to wall plastering of the Specter/Goodell confrontation that Supreme Justice Goodell suddenly found "explanations" for.

It's the same ruse being employed again. I just want to read the justification for it by the site's resident Goodell campaign manager,internet lawyer and most loquacious fan.

Would also like to register my disapproval of this.

A mans private life is just that.

low blow nfl.com

LOW blow

Because its a slow news month and the Saints are the hot button item in the NFL right now.

Obviously, the NFL is performing a public service by shedding light on the havoc that bounty programs can wreak with one's personal life. The message is: don't try this at home. :eek:

Tally another vote for this is shameful. I guess Rex Ryan is lucky he and his team have been only slightly better than mediocre or one could only imagine what the NFL would've been putting on their website during footgate.

So when Rex Ryan and his wife's foot fetish stuff was found did they broadcast it on the front page on NFL.com? I don't think they did, nor should they have. This is ridiculous, it's the man's personal life and shouldn't be on the NFL's official site any more than the Ryan's sex fetishes or Antonio Cromartie's girl giving birth to their 900th child.

That said this has been rumored in New Orleans for a while. A few years back they moved to Dallas and some of the locals were worried it was Jones trying to lure Payton to Dallas but a few in the know said it was because of marital problems and they were apparently correct.

Part of their job is to increase web hits. Part of the job of every media and non media website editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes