PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why The Disrespect for Donovan McNabb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
McNabb has taken a verbal beating from Eagles fans, mediots, and other NFL fans around the country during his career. Well I just looked his stats up, and here they are:
- In 10 seasons he has thrown single-digit interception totals 6 times. His most int's in a season were only 13.
- His td/int ratio is better than 2:1, which is phenomenal.
- He is about to pass for 30,000 yards.
- His career passer rating is 86, which is higher than Brett Favre's.
- His postseason record is 9-5, better than most other great QB's.
- His lifetime win-loss record is 75-39.
Donovan McNabb Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

I know that he has a bad record in NFC Championship and Superbowl games, and that his post-season td/int is 23/16... but his postseason record and stats are better than Peyton Manning's or Brett Favre's, and yet I hear maybe 1/10 of the criticism on Manning or Farve for being chokers or bums on national media, compared to McNabb.

Why?

Last edited:
Is this a case of Philly fans trashing their stars and regretting it later, similar to what they did to Charles Barkeley? How can Philly fans call McNabb old and want him out, when he is the same age as Brady and younger than Manning, both of whom their fan bases want them to play another 10 years?

Is this a case of Philly fans trashing their stars and regretting it later, similar to what they did to Charles Barkeley? How can Philly fans call McNabb old and want him out, when he is the same age as Brady and younger than Manning, both of whom their fan bases want them to play another 10 years?

For one, McNabb is a whiner, which is why he always sets himself up to be an easy target. Two, yeah, he was healthy this year, but he's made of glass. His injury-proneness goes all the way back to his Syracuse days. Don't Pats fans also feel frustrated when Laurence Malroney and to some extent, Rodney Harrison can't stay healthy?

IF he gets traded this offseason, it'll be HIS doing, why? B/c there's been rumblings that he wants his contract redone. You know how personally the Philly FO takes it when their players try to play hardball with them(i.e. TO, Jeremiah Trotter, Michael Lewis, Lito Sheppard, etc).

As for Philly fans trashing him constantly-How different is this from Chicago? Dallas and Romo? Giants and Eli? Indy and Peyton prior to winning that Super Bowl? GB and Rodgers this year? Carolina and Jake? Denver and Cutler? Didn't Jets fans go after Pennington and Favre like a pack of wolves?

When teams lose, problem is that the fans and media end up pointing fingers at the wrong people, and too much(i.e. QB), but they fail to do so at the ones that are pulling the strings(i.e. HC/FO).

I love McNabb but he just seems like a guy who will never come through in a huge spot to win his team a ring. Overall though, there aren't many QB's that the Eagles are better off with. It's just watching the game against the Cardinals and our Super Bowl pretty much showed the guy just misses key passes, makes some very poor decisions when it's all on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back