PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why the Costly Jump Up in the Seventh for a Developmental OT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deaderick was drafted to be a 3-4 DE. Not a 4-3 DE which is clearly where you think he'll be playing. Most likely, he'll take reps at LDE. The strong side.

Why LDE and not RDE?

Why LDE and not RDE?

As someone who hasn't watched Deaderick play, I'll second this question, and ask you the same, Ochmed: do you think he is better suited for RDE?

WHINE.. WHINE.. WHINE... COMPLAIN.. COMPLAIN. COMPLAIN.. Let us know when you actually start working as a scout or a Director of Personnel..
Db, Db, Db, this is Capt. Downer we're talking about! You've let him get you so riled up you've turned Pat Hill "White!"

You need to mellow a bit and go watch some Hogan's Heroes reruns. The episode where Hogan is defusing a bomb in the compound and asks Colonel Klink which wire to cut is particularly applicable to my buddy the Capt. Grant Capt. Downer his periodic broken clock moments and the rest of the time you can be sure in your knowledge that he's wrong. Tranquility will be yours. :halo:

Last edited:
With Light, Vollmer, LeVoir and Kaczur all under contract, "ready to help" is surely not the main criterion in a 7th-round OT. Looking at long-term potential, I really don't see why you're so much higher on Calloway than Welch. Calloway is an right-side guy only, and a poor athlete who doesn't come close to Welch on the short-area explosiveness and quickness measures that typify successful Pats' o-linemen.

Capers is much more of a mystery. He was one of the biggest fallers of the draft vis a vis pre-draft predictions, and athletic OTs are NOT the folks you expect to fall. I know he had a shaky Senior Bowl, but I have to think there were other things the entire league saw/heard to bring his stock down.

Fair points, as usual.

I wouldn't have drafted Calloway at 208, either, though he provided more value at that spot than a UDFA-talent like Welch. But if I wanted to give Dante a new toy at 208, I would've taken an end-of-draft chance on a 2nd-day talent like Capers, whose reward at the specific risk was greater than Welch's is.

I would've taken an end-of-draft chance on a 2nd-day talent like Capers, whose reward at the specific risk was greater than Welch's is.
So basically, you're saying that you knew just as much about these guys and Bill. If that's not what you're saying, then you shouldn't bother trying to outdo him.

Grant Capt. Downer his periodic broken clock moments and the rest of the time you can be sure in your knowledge that he's wrong. Tranquility will be yours. :halo:

As my watch is indeed currently broken, I plan on buying matching watches to celebrate my & Mrs. Captain Stone's 15th anniversary at the end of the month. So someone else will have to buy Bill his own watch, because his has been more often broken than not for the last half-decade.

So basically, you're saying that you knew just as much about these guys and Bill. If that's not what you're saying, then you shouldn't bother trying to outdo him.

So basically are you saying that we shouldn't bother expressing opinions that disagree with Bill's draft decisions?

So basically are you saying that we shouldn't bother expressing opinions that disagree with Bill's draft decisions?

I'm saying that nitpicking a 7th round pick before any of the guys even play a down in the NFL is extremely premature and expresses the idea that you think you could have done better, which is extremely doubtful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots