PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why the Colts are great

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats have a extremely good team this year, that is not to be argued. And I think considering the circumstances of this year (Spygate, every team is the league hating them, the media blitz, etc...), and the type of coach BB is, he has been able to maximize the talents of the team early. However the types of teams the Patriots have played have been some of the weakest in the league in the biggest strength of the team, the pass offense. And the Pats have already shown by running up the score that they are trying to crush every team, they are going for it all. So I think their stats show they are a incredible offense but nothing that the Colts have not had. Ther Colts have consistently for over 5 years had arguably the best pass attack in the NFL. 6 games in one season against horrible defenses are not going to make me crown the Patriots, beacuse I as a Colts fan have seen something like this time and time again. The Colts have infact had a 6 game strech that was better than the current streak your team si on as far as offensive production and scoring. As for the link and I'll show you (I'm sure someone already has it or knows it)

As good as the Patriots are, the thought that they are going to walk into the dome and crush the Colts is just ridiculous to me. The Colts defense is arguably the fastest in the league, if anything that speed and quickness matches up to your offense, and the Defense has shown they have improved even without Bob Sanders last week. The Colts offense can and will always get the job done and your defesne certainly has not looked unbeatable. But I like the smugness a lot of you fans have here, keep it up until nov 4 and beyond like you of course will

Why are opposing fans still bringing up who we played, as in bottom of the barrel? Who else has played San Diego and Dallas and beat them? In the case of Dallas, us. In regards to San Diego (they lost to Green Bay and KC), it was their misfortune to play us as we put them in downward spiral. I think the Colts are a great team. Although, if I was a Colt fan I'd always be wondering if that defense is going to be exposed. They did a good job of tightening it up last year after team after team ran roughshod over them. Maybe some team opens it up against them again. That has to be in the mind of any Colts fan.

The Pats have a extremely good team this year, that is not to be argued. And I think considering the circumstances of this year (Spygate, every team is the league hating them, the media blitz, etc...), and the type of coach BB is, he has been able to maximize the talents of the team early. However the types of teams the Patriots have played have been some of the weakest in the league in the biggest strength of the team, the pass offense. And the Pats have already shown by running up the score that they are trying to crush every team, they are going for it all. So I think their stats show they are a incredible offense but nothing that the Colts have not had. Ther Colts have consistently for over 5 years had arguably the best pass attack in the NFL. 6 games in one season against horrible defenses are not going to make me crown the Patriots, beacuse I as a Colts fan have seen something like this time and time again. The Colts have infact had a 6 game strech that was better than the current streak your team si on as far as offensive production and scoring. As for the link and I'll show you (I'm sure someone already has it or knows it)

As good as the Patriots are,
HTML:
the thought that they are going to walk into the dome and crush the Colts is just ridiculous to me.
The Colts defense is arguably the fastest in the league, if anything that speed and quickness matches up to your offense, and the Defense has shown they have improved even without Bob Sanders last week. The Colts offense can and will always get the job done and your defesne certainly has not looked unbeatable. But I like the smugness a lot of you fans have here, keep it up until nov 4 and beyond like you of course will
Not me! I actually enjoy that thought quite a bit!:D

You have faced 4 of the bottom of the barrel defenses. The interesting thing about them is, if you take away the games these teams have played against the Pats, they are STILL bottom of the barrel defenses.
Meanwhile the Colts have faced bottom of the barrel offenses this year. As evident of their record the last four games, the Houston Texans, without wide receiver Andre Johnson and their top two running backs, are subpar team. As for Denver, wide receiver Javon Walker did not play against the Colts this season. Take away the best wide receiver on most teams, the passing offense will suffer.

You have faced 4 of the bottom of the barrel defenses. The interesting thing about them is, if you take away the games these teams have played against the Pats, they are STILL bottom of the barrel defenses.

The Pats have CRUSHED good defenses.

The Pats have CRUSHED bad defenses.

The Pats have not yet played a competitive game.

When (If?) that happens, we'll have a better understanding of just how good the Pats are.

Until then, all we know is that they are utterly superior to Dallas, San Diego, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Buffalo and the Jets.

I expect two of those teams to be amongst the last 8 teams playing this coming January. I hardly think that 21+ point victories over unimpressive teams diminishes what the Pats are capable of.

And the Pats have already shown by running up the score that they are trying to crush every team, they are going for it all.

The Pats have left AT LEAST 14 points out there (probably closer to 28) by shutting down the offense late in games. When a team plays its backup QB late in the game, or starts running consecutive up the middle running plays with its backup running back, that means it is trying to sit on the lead. I'm not even counting the Cleveland game where we seem to have taken off the entire second half.

Anyone who claims that the pats have run up the score is either ignorant, trolling or both.

Meanwhile the Colts have faced bottom of the barrel offenses this year. As evident of their record the last four games, the Houston Texans, without wide receiver Andre Johnson and their top two running backs, are subpar team. As for Denver, wide receiver Javon Walker did not play against the Colts this season. Take away the best wide receiver on most teams, the passing offense will suffer.

Don't forget taking away TBs top two running backs. The Bucs had 17 rushing yards that game. Its like the Colts rushing game without Addai or Keith, except TB doesn't have much of a passing game.

The colts are a friggin 1 hit wonder.

Brady is gonna tear a gaping hole (into indy's D in week 9) so deep that indy will still be limping come playoff time. Peyton will be stumbling off the field in both games muttering "who's your daddy".

who cares about the colts.....

then go to manure ridden Colts site

moron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back