PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why The Brady Speculation is DEAD Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGameguy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I posted this at the end of a much longer thread, but I think it deserves a new one by itself.

I was as shocked as anyone to see the allegationsmade by Pro FootballTalk that Brady's late game heroics were a product of stealing defensive signals, so I did some stat hunting to find out for myself.

Football is a game of turnovers. If the Pats were using defensive signals stolen in the first half, you would expect Brady's Interception numbers to drop pretty drastically in the second half of the game, because he would know the coverages etc.

Wrong. They don't decrease. In fact, in every season but 2004, they increase.

I will write the first half INT totals first and second half totals second beneath each year.

6 10

7 9

8 6

6 8

6 8

6 7

Now, even if you were to say that these increased INT's could be attributed to something fluky, like a deflection off a receiver, it would imply that Brady was still throwing into coverage.

this just in Tom brady has been determined to be not human, he is a bionic man and is controlled by remote contol by Belichick

At some point, and I thought about doing this the other night, someone needs to go over the last few years and look at 1st half sacks and offensive production vs 2nd half.

The sack numbers are a little up and down, not as conclusive

14 16

18 12

22 11

17 13

17 14

19 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back