PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why such a hateful backlash against Brady? [merged: Shaugnessy article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dan Shaughnessy

Even if its sarcastic, its still really stupid. And its poorly written satire if thats what it is.

Yeah it would be nice if it was obviously satire which it is not....It may be but I can't tell except that it is so tupid that it must which is not proof.

Satire belongs in the onion not in a "respectable" newspaper if there is such a thing anymore.

Oh yeah and one more thing satire is supposed to be funny....If this is satire it failed.

Last edited:

It's satire. Gimme a break. Let it go!

Unbelievable:rolleyes:

maybe it is. but it wasnt funny. if you are going to do this kind of comedy, exaggerate. the article wasnt funny at all. if it was a joke, which i dont believe it was, it was a terrible joke

...he's with an incredibly sexy woman during his free time getting lotion rubbed all over his body...

If anything, I'd think that would ACCELERATE healing/conditioning :D;):D

Last edited:

Yeah it would be nice if it was obviously satire which it is not....It may be but I can't tell except that it is so tupid that it must which is not proof.

Satire belongs in the onion not in a "respectable" newspaper if there is such a thing anymore.

Oh yeah and one more thing satire is supposed to be funny....If this is satire it failed.

Well, what doesn't make sense is that if its sarcasm, and that's not really his opinion, what provoked it? Until Shaughnessy's article, I didn't hear much of anything about Brady's photos. If you read the article, I don't think there is anyway to take it overly sarcastically, and either way, he's coming off looking mildly to moderately sexist and ignorant at best.

I read it as humor, just not well-written and not particularly amusing.

In short, the reason the Globe has become the media of choice on which to housebreak puppies and with which to line bird cages. The only way I would think otherwise is if Reiss were taken offline and only available in print.

I can't take that column seriously. And I don't think it was written seriously. It's just silly.

Brady is spending some of his time in Mexico being waited on hand and foot by a woman every football fan in America beats off to every night?

gold-star.jpg
to Tozgood for my Best Laugh of the Week ®!

Saw this response on barstoolsports.com, great points.

Just when you think Dan Shaughnessy is writing as badly as is humanly possible, he comes along with a steaming turd like this column and outdoes himself. Honestly, I'd have to check back through the archives to be sure, but this could be the worst piece he's ever produced, and that's saying something. Has there ever, in the history of sports journalism, ever been a columnist who was more out of touch with his (rapidly disappearing) audience? I mean, explain the logic to me. Tom Brady, the greatest player ever at the most important position in all of sports, is recuperating from surgery, six months away from reporting to training camp. This isn't Tony Romo jet lagging himself in the middle of a bye week when he should be getting ready for the Divisional Playoff. Brady is spending some of his time in Mexico being waited on hand and foot by a woman every football fan in America beats off to every night? A woman so hot she makes $30 million a year to get her picture taken in her underwear worships him so much she uses her exquisite fingers to put food in his mouth, and "WE" have a problem with it? What you mean "we" kimosabe?

Listen up, Curly Haired Boyfriend, and maybe you'll learn something. "We" like our quarterback to be fed by the world's hottest woman. After 3 Super Bowls he deserves to have those same fingers that she probably just used to pleasure herself back in the cabana in his mouth. As a matter of fact, he deserves nothing less. Mrs. Johnny Unitas and Mrs. Sammy Baugh were probably dumpy hausfraus with cankles like fire hydrants. Do you honestly think Colts fans and Redskins fans wouldn't have preferred to see those guys sitting pool side in the offseason getting handed food by Marilyn Monroe or Lana Turner, respectively? For all those guys did for their teams, they would've deserved it. All Tom Brady is doing is getting what he's earned. It's a spoils of war thing, and he owes it to his fans to score the greatest tail he possibly can, then come to camp in July ready to go. And he's doing it. So do us all a favor, Shank, and go back to writing unreadable garbage about Babe Ruth or the 1980's Celtics. But don't ever try to speak for us again.

Whoever wrote this: :youtheman:

Attachments

• th_clapping.jpg
    th_clapping.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 145

I can't stand Shank, but geez folks, this was obviously tongue-in-cheek. Let's lighten up a bit.

That being said, it wasn't particularly well written, and considering that it's targeting football fans, probably wasn't the best choice of writing style. We're a fabulously intellectual group here at PatFans, of course, but I think satire is kind of wasted on many of our fellow Pats supporters.

:D

I stopped reading Shaughnessy years ago. Not worth the time.

"......hes with an incredibly sexy woman during his free time getting lotion rubbed all over his body "

i better go to my men's ministry group tonight :)

Whoever wrote this: :youtheman:

You shuold check out Barstoolsports.com you will quickly become addicted. Its a blog site made for boston sports with the main purpose to entertain the pig men who live and die boston sports. Although it is a sports blog it is more of a funny gag blog with pictures of hot girls and sports stories mixed in. The guys who write for it can be pretty funny and it always has nice views.

Both camps should love Brady. Camp A: Brady is as determined as ever and will lead us to the his 5th superbowl ! I understand this point of view and these people should love brady. Camp B: Brady gave up his parking space, doesn't work out in the offseason the way he used to, didn't use the team doct or for his botched knee surgery and along with his foot in the superbowl and knee and the first quarter of game one, he is now injury prone. I understand this view as well. But people in Camp B still got 4 Patriot superbowls, 3 Superbowl wins, 2 superbowl MVPs, multiple PRO Bowls, a regular season MVP and an undefeated season from Tom Brady. As far as I'm concerned whether you are a camp A or camp B guy, you gotta worship Tom Brady !

Masseroti and Shaugnessy are typical Boston Sport writers for the BoSox. They don't know a thing about any sport even baseball. But its so superficially simple, they can look authoritative. There is a game everyday, and all they have to do is regurgitate the box score ,and presto instant columns.

Football is once a week, they have to dig. So they try to stir the pot, being lazy and incompetent. Ted Williams actually called out a couple of Boston "sportswriters" and they all pat themselves on the back. The worst of all of them was worshipped as the best.

Willie McDonut couldn't lick Parcels ass more, as he constantly tried to become the Hedda Hopper of Sports. He desperately wanted a transfer to NYC, so he could hobnob with the celebrities, as if that mattered. He thought we all wanted the Sports pages to become just like any Hollyweird Photoplay wack job. Hence like Shaugnessy/Masarotti he reported on contracts, arguments, disagreements, who likes who, who seeing who, yada yada yada. Just nothing on the Field itself, because he knew jack about the Sport, itself.

Just like them. :disagreement:

Last edited:
The only thing that made sense in that article is that Shaughnessy implicitly admitted his wife/girlfriend is not good-looking enough to let her feed him.

since when does a hamster qualify as a "girlfriend"...?

Re: Why such a hateful backlash against Brady?

Apparently there are some unloyal fans.

I'm sure it's not just the same two or three people posting under different accounts, because that would violate the code of anonymous internet comment posters.

Yeah, it's really not hard to go on a bulletin board, claim to be a Patriots fan, and then say disparaging remarks. People do that all the time on the ESPN boards.

Yeah, it's really not hard to go on a bulletin board, claim to be a Patriots fan, and then say disparaging remarks. People do that all the time on the ESPN boards.

Well, ok, but the writer teased Brady about the same sorts of things that Brady's O-line tease him about, so he obviously has to die.

Tom_Brady2.jpg

Yup..... Tom must be above chiding, no matter what.

You shuold check out Barstoolsports.com you will quickly become addicted. Its a blog site made for boston sports with the main purpose to entertain the pig men who live and die boston sports. Although it is a sports blog it is more of a funny gag blog with pictures of hot girls and sports stories mixed in. The guys who write for it can be pretty funny and it always has nice views.

I've seen it and it's def a guy's site but I still like some of the articles anyway:D

Well, ok, but the writer teased Brady about the same sorts of things that Brady's O-line tease him about, so he obviously has to die.

Tom_Brady2.jpg

Yup..... Tom must be above chiding, no matter what.

There's a big difference. The offensive linemen are Brady's teammates - they're like family. When Shaughnessy does it - just look at the comments underneath, people are buying what he's selling and now think Brady is some kind of slacker.

Shaughnessy isn't content to let athletes be idolized in this town, so he tries to take them down a peg, whether its thinly disguised sarcasm or not (honestly, I can't tell in this article).

Which is besides the point. The article wasn't a chiding. It was an odd, misplaced, generally sexist rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back