PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why such a hateful backlash against Brady? [merged: Shaugnessy article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Why such a hateful backlash against Brady?

Those comments probably came from the same people who want him traded out of time. Keep it up, you all might get your wish. :rolleyes:

Seriously, are you people all for real? Talk about taking things too seriously. Shaughnessy's doing a stupid humor piece in the offseason, because he's a bozo and thinks he's funny and has to turn something in.

Meanwhile, the fellowship of the miserable sitting around collecting their fake disability checks were just waiting to get a rise out of somebody and you won.

You should write in and complain to the Onion about their outrageous sports stories. I'm almost sure this story isn't accurate.

Kurt Warner Last Player Remaining From 1947 Cardinals | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Read the comments after the article in the Boston Globe about Brady going soft.

You consider the author and the people who commented "Patriots fans"? I don't think so. I would bet most of those commenting have Red Sox hats on, because that's what they do.

Last edited:

Shaugnessey's always been sort of an anti-Pats type hasn't he:confused: I'm female and I think it's too ironic that CHB writes the same fluff and gossip as the Inside Track ladies,yet insinuates Tom's effeminate LMAO:D

As a female I look at Shaungnessy's pic then look at Tom's and then understand why CHB's the one writing about couples lying on the beach instead of actually lying on the beach:cool:

PS: I only read the first few comments but CHB's the one getting ripped :)

Seriously, are you people all for real? Talk about taking things too seriously. Shaughnessy's doing a stupid humor piece in the offseason, because he's a bozo and thinks he's funny and has to turn something in.

Meanwhile, the fellowship of the miserable sitting around collecting their fake disability checks were just waiting to get a rise out of somebody and you won.

You should write in and complain to the Onion about their outrageous sports stories. I'm almost sure this story isn't accurate.

Kurt Warner Last Player Remaining From 1947 Cardinals | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

The comments after the article are what I am talking about.

One thing is being sorely missed in all of this Brady is going soft stuff.

HE WAS A SOFTY OFF THE FIELD TO BEGIN WITH

Everyone was making fun of his metrosexual image long before the celebraty girlfriends came along. When your winning 3 out of 4 it was part of his charector. When he loses a SB and suffers a devastating injury it is evidence of his being soft. I just don't get it.

Toughness is certainly something you need as a football player and Tom has proven to be tough throught the years but unlike some other greats his toughness was not central to his success what IMO makes him so great is his Coolness.

Well what says cool more than relaxing in mexico next to the water getting hand fed by a SUPERMODEL?

Last edited:

The comments after the article are what I am talking about.

Did you read all 315?:D

Seriously, the only great thing Pitino did in his horrible tenure was come up with some great quotes.

You have encountered the "fellowship of the miserable".

Disability cheats, witness protection program, the single digit I.Q. crowd.

Every time there's a hard rain, they ooze out from underneath rocks.

Pay them no mind.:banned:

Last edited:

Because he's the best QB in the league, a good looking guy with a supermodel girlfriend and he's got sh!t loads of money.

He's a massive target for jealousy, envy, opposistion fans and oddly enough, our own.

Last edited:

So, really slow day for people?

It's absurd and childish. It's no surprise Shaugnessy joined into the fun. He's an ugly little troll and unless there is a female Shrek out there, I doubt he has someone to spoon feed him at the pool parties.

Please email CHB your thoughts at:

[email protected]

Honestly though, I do find these notions a bit offensive, and if I were a woman, I'd probably be angry about it. I'd love to hear from some of our female posters on the issue. But the notion that Shaughnessy throws out there is basically that Tom is display "effeminate" qualities or is somehow less "macho", and that that is bad. Basically, Shaughnessy wants to return to the 1950s, or somewhere in that time frame.

I am a woman, and even if Shaugnessy wrote that piece as a satire, to me it came across as something written by a chauvinistic male p*g. The kind of man every girl I know wants, is a guy that is comfortable with who he is, can wear whatever he likes, can take out the trash,can carry a heavy suitcase for his girl, can walk the dog, even if its tiny, without feeling like his masculinity is threatened. Also.. if I'm eating nachos, and I'm like, “hey babe,you should try these,” and his hands are full..he wouldn't bite the chip out of my hand?? We should down a man,and say he a wuss because he is confidant and nice? Because hes not like”carry your own stuff b*tch”, because hes not in a strip club getting lap dances? I could rant forever...the article was sexist and despicable.
And than ..as and added bonus...this guy is really really good at what he does... can throw 50 TD passes in one season, carry his team to an unequaled 16-0, Is arguably the best QB in history.. and then because he has an injury and can't play for a season, we start moaning about how hes lost his drive? He vacations with his GF and acts like he likes her..so he has gone soft??? What the heck ever.
No true Patriot fan, and I would think no woman, agrees with any of DS's BS.

I am a woman, and even if Shaugnessy wrote that piece as a satire, to me it came across as something written by a chauvinistic male p*g. The kind of man every girl I know wants, is a guy that is comfortable with who he is, can wear whatever he likes, can take out the trash,can carry a heavy suitcase for his girl, can walk the dog, even if its tiny, without feeling like his masculinity is threatened. Also.. if I'm eating nachos, and I'm like, “hey babe,you should try these,” and his hands are full..he wouldn't bite the chip out of my hand?? We should down a man,and say he a wuss because he is confidant and nice? Because hes not like”carry your own stuff b*tch”, because hes not in a strip club getting lap dances? I could rant forever...the article was sexist and despicable.
And than ..as and added bonus...this guy is really really good at what he does... can throw 50 TD passes in one season, carry his team to an unequaled 16-0, Is arguably the best QB in history.. and then because he has an injury and can't play for a season, we start moaning about how hes lost his drive? He vacations with his GF and acts like he likes her..so he has gone soft??? What the heck ever.

YOU ARE MY HERO. I absolutely AGREE with you. I wish that I could find a man like that. :( Giselle is a lucky girl.

Last edited:

So, really slow day for people?

Apparently there are some unloyal fans.

I'm sure it's not just the same two or three people posting under different accounts, because that would violate the code of anonymous internet comment posters.

Couldn't agree more, GREAT post!

I haven't read this thread but didn't want to start a new one.

NFL Films Presents: Coaches wired for sound
NFL Video Galleries

Go ahead to the 5 minute mark if you don't want to watch the whole thing (though it is somewhat entertaining) and hear Gruden say "call that on Tom Brady will ya?"

Great post - well said. I encourage you to share those sentiments w the Globe or Shaugnessy himself - he'll continue to write things like this unless motivated to do otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back