PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why so many turnovers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patters

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
"In last week's playoff win over the Jaguars, New England fumbled four times but recovered them all. This week, they weren't so lucky.

"'Denver caused a lot of those mistakes,' defensive end Richard Seymour said. 'I don't care what anybody says -- you have to give them credit.'"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2292946

Maybe the advantage Denver had with their bye week was to practice forcing turnovers and recovering fumbles. Maybe after Shanahan saw us fumble four times against the Jags, he saw an opportunity. Maybe BB did not have time to properly address it in the short week. Maybe BB made a mistake.

Patters, as usual, I agree- it is Bush who is to blame. Oh, oops, wrong forum. I'm so used to agreeing with you.... :D

It's difficult to say re the turnovers. Perhaps they were, as Sey said, down to Broncos' pressure. Kudos to Sauerbrun for forcing one of them. He's a brave man, getting stuck in. They just seemed to be uncharacteristic errors and one of those bad days that teams have. Brown's muffed punt return could perhaps be put down to taking his eye off the ball.

Patters said:
"In last week's playoff win over the Jaguars, New England fumbled four times but recovered them all. This week, they weren't so lucky.

"'Denver caused a lot of those mistakes,' defensive end Richard Seymour said. 'I don't care what anybody says -- you have to give them credit.'"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2292946

Maybe the advantage Denver had with their bye week was to practice forcing turnovers and recovering fumbles. Maybe after Shanahan saw us fumble four times against the Jags, he saw an opportunity. Maybe BB did not have time to properly address it in the short week. Maybe BB made a mistake.
yes they are a game killer. i really thought they would protect the ball better than that. and when they lead to opponent TD's well then its a long uphill battle. thought your D did good. i was rootin for the pats. take away the turnovers could have been a diff outcome.
if brady could have scored early plummers a diff QB. prone to mistakes. oh well. sorry the string ended. and against all teams it had to be the donkey rito's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes