PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why so little of Maroney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestpatsfan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I am watching the replay of the game and have stayed away from the boards and hightlights and was wondering if he got hurt or something. I havent seen anything mentioned, but with this being a dress rehersal for the start of the season, I would have thought we would see a little more of him. Any ideas?

They already know what they have and there's no reason to expose him before the Reg. season. What they have is a phenom.

I didn't get to see the game, so I was worried he got hurt, but I think they know what they have in the running game, and wanted to see what they could do in the passing game, and the no-huddle offense. For the hapless Redskins, they got to see what the Pats can do when they concentrate on the passing game. I think Branch had to be close to crying after he saw what the Pats have been doing without him in the preseason so far, averaging over 31 points a game. Especially after last night, he has to know the jig is up.

1 roster spot. evans vs cobbs = no lomo

Maybe Belichick was hiding Maroney from all the scouts attending the game last night?

Digger44 said:
1 roster spot. evans vs cobbs = no lomo

I disagree with that one. I say it's cobbs vs pass=no lomo.

If anything that was the ultimate nod of approval from BB. BB's seen hi in practice amd saw hiom the first 2 games, the kid showed he can play, no use in exposing him to more hits then he has too. Kinda like watson his rookie year. he played that one game against the panthers, his talent was obvious and he sat out the 4th preseason game with the rest of the starters. i saw maroney in the 4th quarter walking around and talking to brady, so no i dont think its any injury.

ATippett56 said:
Maybe Belichick was hiding Maroney from all the scouts attending the game last night?

that's the best reason I've heard

Last edited by a moderator:
36-yard kick-off return, 5-yard touchdown run. I guess the coaches might think that Maroney's made his point ...

I thought we would see a little bit mre or him too. I think Cobb earned a spot over Pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye