PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Sammy Morris?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think they looked at him two yrs ago or so. he's a big back

He's also a good contributor on Special Teams and we know how BB loves that.

Yeah, SM is ok as your #3 RB, but i'd feel uneasy with him carrying the load.

Would much prefer they make a move for Travis Henry, who would be a bit more $$ but is a solid guy you can count on. Plus, he plays hurt.

Henry is a bad apple. I think Morris is good to help share the load with Maroney. Hopefully they brought him in to impliment the same blocking scheme for one type of runner.

I don't get the attraction. Stats are not all that great and seems prone to fumbling the ball. If we're looking for someone to pound it why not hand off to Heath Evans.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187612
We don't know that 'pounding the ball' is what they intend for him. Considering he can catch it a little, run it a little and play special teams, it just seems to me to be an effort to add depth and versatility to their roster. Letting Dillon go and signing Morris don't have to be related. If anything, Morris's signing and Patrick Pass's free agency are probably the two things most related.

He'll be mediocre is Maroney gets hurt but for a guy who can spell Maroney, Morris has a lot left as he has 374 career carries, can catch, is a decent runner, ST player. Basically he's perfect for the "spell Maroney" role.

Make no mistake, Kool Aid is THE running back now. We need a guy to play 1/4 of the time and help in other ways. Now, if Maroney breaks his leg in September a little higher level guy might have been nice.

Keep in mind he averaged 4.0 last year and 4.8 in games with 12 carries or more when Ronnie Brown was hurt. Brown averaged 4.2 for the season so Morris was in the same ballpark.

If we're looking for someone to pound it why not hand off to Heath Evans.
Heath Evans got stuffed most of the time we asked him to "pound it" last year.

We don't know that 'pounding the ball' is what they intend for him. Considering he can catch it a little, run it a little and play special teams, it just seems to me to be an effort to add depth and versatility to their roster. Letting Dillon go and signing Morris don't have to be related. If anything, Morris's signing and Patrick Pass's free agency are probably the two things most related.

Absolutely! If we just say Pass was replaced by Morris, hard to complain.

Yeah, SM is ok as your #3 RB, but i'd feel uneasy with him carrying the load.

Would much prefer they make a move for Travis Henry, who would be a bit more $$ but is a solid guy you can count on. Plus, he plays hurt.

Don't forget that Maroney guy.:rolleyes:

Versatile back ups are valuable. More talented but possibly disgruntled former starters are not necessarily more valuable than versatile backups.

I like Henry too, but Maroney is our feature back. Morris is like a Pass/Faulk hybrid.

Don't forget that Maroney guy.:rolleyes:

Versatile back ups are valuable. More talented but possibly disgruntled former starters are not necessarily more valuable than versatile backups.

I like Henry too, but Maroney is our feature back. Morris is like a Pass/Faulk hybrid.

Yeah, duh, I'm banking on Maroney being a fulltime stud. :)

However, he hasn't been a pillar of health. And I would prefer that we have a slightly more substantial backup plan in place.

We will draft a mid round RB. Maybe we get lucky and get a Washington or a Jones-Drew.

Morris is a good fit for right now.

We will draft a mid round RB. Maybe we get lucky and get a Washington or a Jones-Drew.

Morris is a good fit for right now.

That's the problem. There are no Jones-Drew like in third round this year. RB corps is weaker this year.

That's the problem. There are no Jones-Drew like in third round this year. RB corps is weaker this year.

lorenzo booker says how u doin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes