PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why run it up on the Colts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the term "running it up" should ever be used to describe a Pats-Colts game this season for the simple reason that both teams put up points like they buy them in bulk at Sam's Club.

Seriously. Unless Manning falls down the stairs and breaks his arm, the Colts are within range of pretty much any lead at pretty much any time.

But other than that Indy is one of the few teams I respect in the league, they weren't talking alot of smack when spy gate came out they weren't playing the my how the mighty hath fallen card.

You don't remember Dungy's "it's a sad day for the NFL" comment? While not specifically calling out BB/NE, he supported the notion that it was a big deal worthy of a witch hunt.

You don't remember Dungy's "it's a sad day for the NFL" comment? While not specifically calling out BB/NE, he supported the notion that it was a big deal worthy of a witch hunt.

I do. I still can't figure out exactly what he said that everyone is making such a big deal about. It seemed like a perfectly innocuous statement to me. (It's a happy day when a team gets heavily penalized for an infraction?? It wasn't for me...)

But than as Patriot fans, I guess we're supposed to be critical of every Patriot's opponent potential slight. :rolleyes:

If the Colts give the Patriots the opportunity to win by a lot of points, then by all means take it. If their defense wears down, make them pay for it. If their offense plays sloppy, make them pay for it. Whatever they do on the field, take the competitive advantage from it. If that means winning by 5 or by 25, do it.

I want to see the Patriots make their mark on this game. I trust Belichek will handle motivating the team for the next game, and the next game, no matter how much we win by. I don't want to see a close game for the sake of motivation.
I want to look at the scoreboard and see the result of 60 minutes of execution. Not 30, 46, 58, etc.

I do. I still can't figure out exactly what he said that everyone is making such a big deal about. It seemed like a perfectly innocuous statement to me. (It's a happy day when a team gets heavily penalized for an infraction?? It wasn't for me...)

But than as Patriot fans, I guess we're supposed to be critical of every Patriot's opponent potential slight. :rolleyes:

Did you even read my post you quoted? I explained (it was short, but served as an explanation) why it was a big deal.

Dungy could have simply not commented. He could have downplayed it. He instead got righteous, supporting the notion that the witch hunt and hand-wringing were appropriate. The media obviously isn't going overboard if Saint Dungy, the moral exemplar of coaches sees it as being such a travesty.

His indignation only fed the beast, and that is why I hope he gets embarrassed.

Did you even read my post you quoted? I explained (it was short, but served as an explanation) why it was a big deal.

Dungy could have simply not commented. He could have downplayed it. He instead got righteous, supporting the notion that the witch hunt and hand-wringing were appropriate. The media obviously isn't going overboard if Saint Dungy, the moral exemplar of coaches sees it as being such a travesty.

His indignation only fed the beast, and that is why I hope he gets embarrassed.

Is Dungy's right to comment on whatever he wants to , it's not up to you patriot Police to try to determine what can and can't be said. remember Belichick brought this all upon himself. You guys are ridiculous and will look for anything to try to bash Dungy, it's funny though because you all have so little reasons that you just end up with the laughable childish posts and comments that are normally made about him, cause you can't find any "real" material

Is Dungy's right to comment on whatever he wants to , it's not up to you patriot Police to try to determine what can and can't be said. remember Belichick brought this all upon himself. You guys are ridiculous and will look for anything to try to bash Dungy, it's funny though because you all have so little reasons that you just end up with the laughable childish posts and comments that are normally made about him, cause you can't find any "real" material

Boomer, I addressed disliking Dungy in your thread.

Of course he has the right to comment on it, just like we have the right to dislike him for it and NE has the right to put it on the bulletin board.

We realize BB did it to himself, but that doesn't excuse Dungy for his comments.

Which is worse, BB and the camera or Dungy and his big mouth? BB obviously. That doesn't mean I can't dislike Dungy for opening his big mouth.

Yep. The same Dungy turd whose coward son decided checkout via suicide and it became a huge national news that we should all pour tears for him and his loser family. Nice father he must be. Got a lots to say about others but can't keep his house in order

But hey, its my right to say whatever I want about whomsover.

Beware of the BOOMER POLICE! He tracks your threads, profiles your posts and stands up for law and order. Do not respond to Coach Dungy's sermons, as you could be prosecuted to the maximum penalties of the Indy Police.

Sixty, I can feel it. SIXTY.

I want the Pats to run up the score so that Bill Polian throws a fit. He won't be able to contain himself and end up saying or doing something that we will remember for a long time.

Don Blackmon 55 just took a 20 pound sledgehammer and disengaged Bloomer's pea sized medulla oblongata from his oversized brain pan.

Horrible...yet fascinating

When a team has the biggest comeback in AFCCG history and also has a 21 point comeback in the final 4 minutes of a game...

Is it even possible to run it up on them?

Don Blackmon 55 just took a 20 pound sledgehammer and disengaged Bloomer's pea sized medulla oblongata from his oversized brain pan.

Joker,

Not my standard policy. However, since the Mule from Indy need a asskicking, I had no choice but to oblige. Reminds of that wonderful Pink Floyd song "Careful with that Axe Eugene", or shall I say "Careful with that Axe Tony"

Yep. The same Dungy turd whose coward son decided checkout via suicide and it became a huge national news that we should all pour tears for him and his loser family. Nice father he must be. Got a lots to say about others but can't keep his house in order

Loser family? Coward?

The pain of that disease is not tolerable on a long term basis. I know a woman who only survived because she had electrodes implanted into her brain, with battery packs implanted into her chest (replaced every six months via surgery), and wires going up to her head. They have given her the electrical charge into the brain that she did not have.

Was she a coward for not having the electrical stimulation that you and me take for granted? Do you think Tony Dungy is a bad father for not being able to get through to a kid that might have had that going on? Have you ever tried living with somebody like that?

Yet you get so upset if anybody questions Dungy at all that you needed to start a thread about it. The Colts, Saint Tony and their fans can say whatever they want about BB, Brady, etc and that's ok. The number of threads over at Indy star about BB's divorce, BB's kid getting caught smoking pot, Brady having a kid out of wedlock, etc. Those are all open game even though they are fairly common in every day life and we all know people who have gone through similar.

Yet we call out Dungy for opening up his mouth and for being a bigot and you would like us all to shut up.

It's a two way street.

Loser family? Coward?

The pain of that disease is not tolerable on a long term basis. I know a woman who only survived because she had electrodes implanted into her brain, with battery packs implanted into her chest (replaced every six months via surgery), and wires going up to her head. They have given her the electrical charge into the brain that she did not have.

Was she a coward for not having the electrical stimulation that you and me take for granted? Do you think Tony Dungy is a bad father for not being able to get through to a kid that might have had that going on? Have you ever tried living with somebody like that?

Okay, can we seriously all not travel down this road again? We are all just people on a keyboard and have no idea what goes on in people's personal lives. You can dislike Dungy for a lot of things, he gives plenty of reason, but picking on a guy because his son committed suicide? That really should just not be mentioned.

What? That idiot troll. Do you know how many ignorant comments he's made on that very subject? He doesn't even deserve a response from me (which is why I'm replying to you on this regard)

Still you being his little cheerleader shows you're not on too much of a higher intelligence level.

And FYI, anyone who makes fun of a suicide is a dispicable human being. Anybody who has EVER been effected by a suicide knows that it can come at the most unexpected times, and is a choice the person makes on their own, it cannot be controlled. I just hope one day you don't have to experience something like that especially with your 1st born child, and if you do idiots don't say how bad of a reflection of your parenthood that is

Last edited:
I want the Pats to run up the score so that Bill Polian throws a fit. He won't be able to contain himself and end up saying or doing something that we will remember for a long time.

Say something that we'll remember for a long time.
You mean like,
"BREAK HIS #@$%^ LEG !!!" ..?

(said of Flutie, of course)

Why is this post not deleted? This is the single most tastless thing I think I've ever seen here.

We must run it up on the Colts because they are on the "List". Perhaps you weren't around when we compiled it. It was back when everyone and their mother was piling on to humiliate the Pats in the court of public opinion when it was obvious they could not face them on the playing field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back