PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why players shouldn't leave for the money

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanTheColtsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Edgerrin James, the team's major free-agent acquisition in the offseason, seems flabbergasted by what he's experiencing. And he remembers the comments of friends when he chose to leave the highly successful Indianapolis Colts for the big money the Cardinals offered.
"They warned me about this," James said after gaining 34 yards in 14 carries against the Raiders.
James leads the NFL in rushing attempts but is averaging 2.7 yards per carry.
"I wasn't prepared for this, man, I really wasn't, when making my decision," he said.

Imagine being his teamate and hearing that?

RyanTheColtsFan said:
Imagine being his teamate and hearing that?

It always seems greener (I guess that can sure be taken literally) on the other fellows turf.

Fact is - it seems rare that when the end up leaving and finding a better situation.

At least this certainly seems to be the case for the Patriot players that have left and I think you will probably tell me the same.

The success of Colts & Patriots make our free agents more attractive to potential suitors than loser or 500 teams. They come after our guys with offers way above their reasonable value, to the point where it is wise to just say goodbye.

Case in point for us....Woody, Law, Andruzzi, Givens, Willie Mac, Meion Branch to name a few.

Not much that can be done......is the price to pay for winning.

Great point Ryan, like for example, when the kicker of a team that won three out of four Super Bowls wants stupid money, doesn't get it, and moves on to another team, where he has been basically injured all year.

Funny how that works out.

I guess Edge was sick of getting close and not winning and having a quarterback who is 3-6 in the playoffs, so he took a big pile of money to go play for a team that has no shot.................

Double G said:
Great point Ryan, like for example, when the kicker of a team that won three out of four Super Bowls wants stupid money, doesn't get it, and moves on to another team, where he has been basically injured all year.

Funny how that works out.

I guess Edge was sick of getting close and not winning and having a quarterback who is 3-6 in the playoffs, so he took a big pile of money to go play for a team that has no shot.................

ZzZzZzZzZz. Some of you need new material.

New material, what are you talking about? I was backing your excellent, lucid, well thought out point about what happens when players leave for the money. The Dolts have one with Edge and we have one with Adam; lighten up dude.........

Double G said:
New material, what are you talking about? I was backing your excellent, lucid, well thought out point about what happens when players leave for the money. The Dolts have one with Edge and we have one with Adam; lighten up dude.........

Adams team is 6-0. Edge's team is 1-6.

How do you have one with Adam?

RyanTheColtsFan said:
Adams team is 6-0. Edge's team is 1-6.

How do you have one with Adam?

I know your team is in a dome,but are you living in a bubble?
Get ready for cold weather Adam is the only player you have that has-lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back