Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why play the game????

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Va_Pats_Fan, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Va_Pats_Fan

Va_Pats_Fan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

This SD fan has it all broken down...

(in my best Daffy Duck voice)
    WE'RE DOOMED I SAY!!! DOOMED

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=38502

2. Boston Jay

Boston Jay 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I love when people use the PRO BOWL reason. :rofl:

As if real fans give a damn about the PRO BOWL? Who watches that crap?

Congrats on all the other stats, especially the .1 differential in yards per play, but if it was all about stats then what is the point of playing? St. Louie would have creamed us by at least 40 in 2001.

Any given Sunday.

3. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I guess it all depends on stats...so the game is over and the Chargers have won....What BS!!!! I hope all fans are not like that and have some idea of what football is all about!!!

4. Oswlek

Oswlek In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +98 / 3 / -0

The Chargers may well win this game, but I can't see them putting up 38 on NE.

5. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,971 / 17 / -23

You're going to be serving US crow? What are you, a moron? Crow for what?

6. Boston Jay

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Didn't say they would beat us by that margin. I'm just tired of all the Charger fans that say we have no shot in hell. We get it, you guys had an amazing year.

7. BradyisGod

BradyisGod Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I don't supposed anyone wants to bring up strength of schedule?

8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

trip trap trip trap said the troll.........

9. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +111 / 2 / -3

it's funny because there are plenty of stats that make SD the favorites - which they are (though I predict the line will move down to 3.5/2.5 by Sunday - making it all but even, save for SD's home field advantage)

The most impressive stat that San Diego has to me is the fact that in losing 2 games, they lost by just 3 points each.

That's 6 points away from a perfect regular season.

That is damn impressive whether you are a SD fan, Patriots fan, or just a football fan.

But beyond that, the seedings mean nothing to me. The seedings are, as they should be, based on the full regular season - San Diego earned the bye and the #1 seed.

But the seedings don't account for who is playing the best football RIGHT NOW. And, given the Patriots last few games, and general strength of scheduled, my opinion is that the Patriots are currently the best team in football.

But we'll find out for sure on Sunday.

10. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +183 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

We are going to get sooo killed this week.

They have 9 Pro-Bowlers and I heard 5 All-Pros. We are 5 point dogs. Chargers are playing at home. And, those Charger fans know all about winning playoff football.

Maybe we should IR all of our starters and sign a bunch of street FA's for this game. I may go shopping instead of watching this game.:scared:

11. psychoPat

psychoPat Role Player PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Ah, Joe6,
    ya done aced it again!

12. boltssbbound

boltssbbound On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I never said the Pats had no shot. I think they have a shot. I just think the Chargers are the better team.

You'll have to excuse our aggressiveness. All us Bolt fans know that by Thursday every media hack is going to be swinging from BB's and Brady's johnson, so we sort of feel like the world's against us and we get no respect.

We have had a great year. We are the more explosive team. We are at home. And we should be favored. Does that mean the Pats don't stand a chance? Of course not. But I fully expect the Bolts to pull this one out.

I'm sure if we dug up the threads from last year after WC weekend, all the fans here were screaming about how the Pats had flipped the switch, how Belicheck was going to force the crappy Plummer to beat them and how the Pats were going to shock everybody and win it all again. Obviously, that wasn't what happened. Brady went up against a tough Denver D without enough weapons around him, and the Broncos got the victory. I sort of see this matchup as about the same. I think the Pats are a bit better than last year's squad, but the Bolts are alot better than last years Broncos.

13. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You know it's crappy posts like this from Pat fans that get us Bolts riled up. Stop acting like no one's giving you a chance in this game. I'm sorry I didn't genuflect in the presence of the almight Patriot dynasty, but I have plenty of respect for your team and what it has accomplished. I guess you just expect everone to be intimidated by your mystique and your rings. Sorry, but that's not how it works.

14. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

General strength of schedule? Who have the Pats played of late? In their last five regular season games, the Bolts beat two playoff teams and three teams who finished the season with winning records. The Pats played zero playoff teams, zero teams with winning records, and were shutout by a team that finished 6-10.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  15. PatsFaninAZ

PatsFaninAZ In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Uggh. Yes, the Chargers get no respect. Other than everyone mentioning them being the best team in the heavyweight division of football this year, they are really getting jobbed. Add to it a 5 point line, 10 pro bowlers (or whatever) and the MVP, and I can see where you'd be feeling so disrespected that you might feel "the world's against" you.

You're the freaking rodney dangerfields of no respect.

Ubelievable.

16. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,971 / 17 / -23

Look,bigmouth...this isn't a Charger board.Stop telling people how to act and what to say.Goddamn SoCal elitist talking down his bony nose.

17. Boston Jay

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

You guys got no respect this year? Whaaaaaa. :bricks:

Aggressiveness? It's more like someone coated this board in honey and you lot are (hornets disguised as) bees chasing us on the banks of the Charles River.. and we don't wanna jump in. ;)

18. sieglo

sieglo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I think they should just sh1tcan the entire postseason and give the Lombardi to the team with the most Pro Bowlers.

19. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +183 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Look numb nuts, I'm not the one going to a Charger board talking ****. It's your fellow fans who are all over this place predicting a blowout.

I do have respect for the Charger team, of which you are not one, but I don't for those fans who are trolling over here.

So on behalf of myself, and only myself, I would like to say to all Chargers "fans" acting like trolls on this board, EAT ME!

20. The Dude

The Dude Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This has nothing to do with Brady. The pats are a better team. Period

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.