PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why our Pats will easily be a Superbowl Contender Next Season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisticuffs

Rookie
Reaction score
First off let me say after the Colts game in early Nov. I freaked out and said our Reign was over. Soon after the Buffalo game came their winning streak which made me change my mind that maybe they could pull out their third straight title. Then came the Denver game, First, I would like to say the D played awesome! They stuffed the run, and Jake Plummer didn't do **** on the Pats until the turnovers started happening. Bottom Line: If they wouldn't have turned it over, Pats WIN, End of story! AFC Championship game in Foxboro. Damn! Denver offense would have been lucky to score 10 points with their offensive effort.

Now that I have gotten that off my chest, this is what the Pats need to do in and will do to get back into the playoffs next year:

1.) Problem: O-LINE - Neal had a bad year, the rest of the line couldn't run block worth crap for Dillon and constantly had QB pressures on Brady. RT is hideous! one week it's Gorin, then Ashworth, then Kaczur. Then again, at least we didn't have Cowboys' RT Pettiti. Aside from Injuries, the team needs to cut out the musical chairs.

Remedy: Anthony Clement, just kidding! No really, unfortunately there aren't any attractive free agents to me. They have to either play the waiting game for a team to release someone or get one from the draft again.

2.) Problem: Givens is a Free Agent

Remedy: Resign him, enough said! Bring in Moulds for a #3. If he really wants to win he'll sign with the Pats. If they can land him, our receivers and TE's will be sick!

3.) Julian Peterson would be a nice pickup but should come with a hefty price tag. I've been hearing from you guys that BB likes him. And what does BB usually do when he likes a player, he gets him. see Colvin '03.

4.) Replacement for Dillon. I'm not saying give him the boot, however, I think that if LenDale White is available, we have to grab him. He is a Dillon clone. Think of the running game we could have next season if our O-Line is Healthy and upgraded plus Dillon + White + Faulk and even Pass = Ridiculous Ground Game!

5.) CB - I really like Hobbs' intensity and hard work that helped our defense get some excitement and some much needed swagger. We need more guys like him. The return of Bruschi and Seymour helped also might I add. Perhaps, bring in Azumah, which seems to be the fan favorite here for some depth and he is also a great special teamer. Just more depth. And I mean more DEPTH!

6.) DL - anybody that says we need to draft another lineman has officially gone nuts. How many D-linemen do we need? Enough with the D-line, Pats got studs. Need to focus on other positions. Used 3 first round picks on them, and also a second round pick on Hill, which seems to be a waste. So tell me again why we need another one?

7.) FB - A dying breed in the NFL. I think they are invaluable to the ground game. I would love to have Lorenzo Neal, or Tony Richardson, with that said I would like the Pats to get FRED BEASLEY! Didn't play a lot with the Niners this season because their offense didn't call for a run blocking FB. However he can easily receive the ball too. Word is that Beasley was frustrated with Bishop Harris the Running Backs coach because he wasn't involved enough. Then Beasley suffered a minor injury, and Niners sign random dude and Beasley never sees the field even when he was healthy. Word is the Beasley will not return. This will help any O-Line go from average to above average in a heart beat. I really love this guy, in a heterosexual way! Can do it all! I'm sure he won't ask for much. Haven't had a dominate FB since Sam Gash left.

8.) Safety - Rodney will be fine (I hope). I would really like to see Wilson go back to corner but he's fine at Safety. The team will bring in a couple free agents just for insurance purposes.

9.) QB - I know you guys are going to hate me for this, but I think it's time to cut our ties with Tom Brady. I know, I know, three out of four Super bowls, yada yada yada, he's turning 29 next year and he didn't play very well against Denver.

I'M JUST KIDDING! You were probably just thinking (did he really just write that?) I like kidding with people. Tom Brady is already a legend in my book!

10.) Special Teams: They were ok. Got better as the season went on. Maybe get some guys in free agency. Maybe a coaching change will help. But I don't see it as a glaring problem.

Well, thank you for reading my essay on the Pats, please give me your opinion. I would gladly appreciate it! Oh yeah, one more thing, I guarantee, that the Pats will get back to at least the AFC Championship game this upcoming season! This whole season has been a fluke for the NFL!

I'm going to eat a Burrito and some spanish rice now...Later fellow fans.

Last edited:
You act like the Pats are the Yankees.

They don't have enough money to sign 1/8 of those players.

Plus LenDale will never make it to the Pats, Green Bay already called his name.

The tweaks are so small. Right now this team looks ready to compete for the Superbowl next season. They'll be right there as long as they don't turn the ball over 5 times lol.

Anyway, Pioli and crew's draft record has been so good the last 4 years who would expect anything else but this team to improve? How many starters will he put forth this draft? 2?..3? Do you know how many NFL teams would kill to have that kind of success? I'm so psyched for 2006!!! Go Patriots!!!!!

1.) Problem: O-LINE - Neal had a bad year, the rest of the line couldn't run block worth crap for Dillon and constantly had QB pressures on Brady. RT is hideous! one week it's Gorin, then Ashworth, then Kaczur. Then again, at least we didn't have Cowboys' RT Pettiti. Aside from Injuries, the team needs to cut out the musical chairs.

You seem to forget that Matt Light and Dan Koppen weren't in the lineup for alot of the year? This upcoming season I predict will be the Patriots best offensive line in recent memory.

Light,Mankins,Koppen,Kaczur ?. Then depth with Ashworth,Gorin and Neal. That is a motley crew right there. You should just scratch offensive line off your list of worries.

Patriot Missile said:

You seem to forget that Matt Light and Dan Koppen weren't in the lineup for alot of the year? This upcoming season I predict will be the Patriots best offensive line in recent memory.

Light,Mankins,Koppen,Kaczur ?. Then depth with Ashworth,Gorin and Neal. That is a motley crew right there. You should just scratch offensive line off your list of worries.

If Light comes back healthy to hold down LT, does Kaczur slide to RT? I'm happy with OL but would like to see a vet T signed.

Patriot Missile said:

That was my main disagreement. Our O line when healthy is actually pretty good. IMO, the weakest link on our O line is at RG because I would just slide Kaczur to RT with an almost full season at LT. I would feel comfortable with either Hochstein or Neal at RG but if we could get a decent vet in FA, I would be all for it. Definately not a position we need to break the bank on though.

Patriot Missile said:

Sort of agree, but when will we learn to cross out 40% of all projected players for injury purposes!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back