PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why not trade Pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Many people feel he is gonna get cut, so why not trade him for a WR or ILB. I am watching the Skins/Bengals game. Why not trade Pass for Patten or Espy? Any other players we could get for Pass?

Finally one of those "let's trade... for...." that makes sense, at least on the "trade Pass" count. I don't know who is in the market for a Pass-like player. Maybe Cinci. I understand more starters are in jail, awaiting trial, or on parole, than are able to actually suit up....

Ya IMO Pass is a solid Vet. He has to be worth something more than just cutting him. The skins just lost Portis with a separated shoulder and Carter to a knee problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would a team trade for an injured player?

cincy would be an ok fit. i just don't know how much you can realistically expect to get in return for Pass. He's had his moments but to anyone outside of new england he can't be considered anything more then a journeyman. The Jets have the most glaring need at running back. Curtis Martin's knee is said to be "bone on bone" at this point and its all but assured he's going to miss substancial time this season. Behind Martin in the depth chart you're looking at Cedric Houston and Derrick Blaylock, two rather unnattractive options. Mangini knows Pass and there's a high probability he'll end up signing with the Jets if the Patriots do end up releasing him. On paper I don't see anyone who the Jets can really "afford to lose" but one never knows.

Last edited:
He's basically valueless. If you want to trade someone to make room for Cobbs, Faulk would be the one who could draw some interest.

Kdo5 said:
Why would a team trade for an injured player?

What are you smoking?

We've seen him be solid at times but IMO no more than many other players around the NFL. There will be too many cuts in the next couple of weeks for a team to waste either a player or a pick on a marginal player.

No substantive trade value.

First, he's injured, recovering from a foot problem. Nobody gives much for a questionable health player.

Secondly, low value players like Pass are almost always FREE. When they get cut, any team can sign them. It's not like a team that lost their starting RB would want or need Pass to fill the slot. He has had value to the Pats because the Pats more than any other org value flexibility as an attribute. Most teams are not of that religion.

We just saw the Pats trade an OL with specific strong skills to fill a slot on a team which just lost their starting center. The trade was conditional and not for a high draft pick.

Digger44 said:
Many people feel he is gonna get cut, so why not trade him for a WR or ILB. I am watching the Skins/Bengals game. Why not trade Pass for Patten or Espy? Any other players we could get for Pass?
This might be the single worst idea i have ever heard of.

Anything's possible. People certainly do like to overpay for former Patriots.
I guess that mystique would'nt apply to Pass.

BelichickFan said:
He's basically valueless. If you want to trade someone to make room for Cobbs, Faulk would be the one who could draw some interest.

I agree with BelichickFan. We could probably trade Faulk for a decent linebacker. Nobody would pay value for Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back