PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why not open the Dana Farber Fieldhouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Anyone who has been to a game in Buffalo knows that the fieldhouse there is open to all comers. Not only is it a good place for people to stay warm before the game, they have all sorts of historical displays, interactive exhibits, retired players signing autographs, live radio broadcast, earlier games on TV, etc. My question is why don't the Patriots do this? It would be great fun and great PR.

Doesn't the team practice there? My guess is it's a logistical thing - keeping it available for the team without a lot of staging for public events, etc. I know there's a huge maintenance team down there, bit it still seems like a tactical nightmare.

Doesn't the team practice there? My guess is it's a logistical thing - keeping it available for the team without a lot of staging for public events, etc. I know there's a huge maintenance team down there, bit it still seems like a tactical nightmare.

Yes, they practice there just like the Bills practice in theirs. It's not big deal bringing stuff in for a few hours before a game when it otherwise is not being used. These places are huge.

they do do it. only you have to buy tickets to get in. food, cheerleaders, and open bar. tickets are like 60 bucks

It is open before games. They use it for charity-sponsored "tailgate parties". I went before a game last year. There's plenty of food and drink and the cheerleaders walk around for photo ops. I met the chairman of the Dana Farber Institute and he let me try on his Super Bowl ring. The sucker was huge! It was a blast.

I imagine the only way to get an invite is to go through one of the Patriots charitable organizations. I think it's a great use of the facility and I bet that this perk raises a lot of money. There were a lot of people in there.

I imagine the only way to get an invite is to go through one of the Patriots charitable organizations.

you can get them scalped online for a hundred bucks usually

Anyone who has been to a game in Buffalo knows that the fieldhouse there is open to all comers. Not only is it a good place for people to stay warm before the game, they have all sorts of historical displays, interactive exhibits, retired players signing autographs, live radio broadcast, earlier games on TV, etc. My question is why don't the Patriots do this? It would be great fun and great PR.

As others have said, it is open, but it'll be irrelevant next season anyway. "Patriot Place" will have a Patriots HoF, plus stores, a hotel and a multiplex as well as heat.

It is open before games. They use it for charity-sponsored "tailgate parties". I went before a game last year. There's plenty of food and drink and the cheerleaders walk around for photo ops. I met the chairman of the Dana Farber Institute and he let me try on his Super Bowl ring. The sucker was huge! It was a blast.

I imagine the only way to get an invite is to go through one of the Patriots charitable organizations. I think it's a great use of the facility and I bet that this perk raises a lot of money. There were a lot of people in there.

I was not aware of this; sucks you have to pay to get in, though.

I was not aware of this; sucks you have to pay to get in, though.

its freakin awesome though. if you have the chance, pick up a ticket. its well worth it. open bar, cheerleaders, food, and huge tvs. great tailgate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back