Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why Not More Talk Of Cleaning House in Congress?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, May 22, 2008.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,353 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Let me say right away I do not post this because it's a Pelosi led Congress, a democrat Congress ... or anything of the sort.

I post this thread because of all the blood pork Bush gave these sellouts to continue Iraq with little accountability.

I post this because they promised this Congress would be different ... it's not.

This current group needs to be cleaned out ... left to right and right to left.'
    Vote them out just to vote them out ... no other reason needed.

What good will it be to elect Obama or McCain with these deadbeats still there? I cannot believe the media is laying down on this. Imagine if the national media started this campaign and went at it with the fervor ESPN has had with spygate???

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +587 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

Everyone wants congress cleaned out - except for their congressman because they don't want a rookie going against veterans.

3. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yeah...not to mention all the new staffers etc. We had this whole thing 'splained to us by Wildo the other day.

I'm in favor of revolution myself.

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +519 / 14 / -28

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear...

The other day it became painfully obvious, when I realized that Ted Kennedy has been a senator for 46 years.. time for the torch to be passed and look at how we do business inside the beltway.

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Forget about it. We'll never see term limits or lobby reform. There's too much money in the Congress business. Add that to the fact that the People have fallen asleep and can't gt up, and you get: "We're fu(ked"

6. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I tend to not agree with you, at least totally. I see more and more people who're starting to wake up about this stuff. Anecdotal, to be sure, but the awareness is growing, helped by high energy costs etc.

7. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +107 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

Add Arlen Spector, Robert Byrd and many others to that list.

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +812 / 2 / -9

I didn't write this, it is a comment in the News, I am trying to stay away from the "Kennedy Thing" I am afraid I will say something bad, I don't like to bash dead people or sick people because I feel sorry for the family, I have to stop here, I am thinking bad things already.

Below is a comment on the subject of these scumbag politicians spending their whole lives in Washington.

Todays news:
    As a devout Christian I wish only the best for Sen. Ted Kennedy. But I was moved to speak out in response to the almost braggartly mention of his long time in office. I find it disturbing to see the increasing attempts on the part of our “leaders” to diminish the power of the original Constitution, one of the most admirable and certainly divinely inspired documents ever written.
    Our Founders saw it necessary to create for all Americans a document that would preserve our precious freedom from tyranny and over-taxation. Serving in an elective office was designed to last no longer than two terms. Aided by the liberal media, today’s officials boastfully speak of their “distinguished many years of service.”
    I wish the senator well but he has been in Washington far too long as have many of his colleagues, including Robert Byrd of West Virginia.
    http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/letters/view.bg?articleid=1095820

9. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +378 / 46 / -7

#75 Jersey

The simple fact is that only a politian already on the take, can afford to run for re-election every 2 years.

10. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Not to mention that if you are in a hotly contested seat in Congress, say in a swing state being targeted by the other party to gain a seat, with 2 years in office once you're elected you basically have to start running your next campaign immediately. When do you take time to, you know, govern? I recognize that Wildo's argument that too much turnover in Congress could be chaotic is a good one, but I think its balanced by the fact that someone not just trying to stay in office might be able to devote more time to the business of running the country than to the business of getting re-elected. I think the intent of the house of reps must have been as more of a place where many citizens shuffle through rather than a place where people sit long-term. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but it makes sense with only a 2 year term.

11. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0