PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Not Bledsoe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats funny but it does not answer the question

Why not Bledsoe? BECAUSE WE ALREADY HAD A THREAD ON THIS THIS SUBJECT!!! Drew read the thread and agreed with us that he should not try to come back at age 36 after being away from the game for two years and not having thrown a football, run a windsprint or lifted a weight over that span.

Yeah OK we all know he is old. We all know he has not played in a year and half. We all know BB is not enamored of him. We all know his propensity to make bad mistakes at big times and his poor record vs good teams. But there is a saying....any port in a storm. Honestly who out there is a better option? We need to bring in a veteran. He knows the system. After all what if Cassel gets hurt too. Than we are down to Matt G and O'Connell. Would you rather Vinny T who is older and worse? Would you rather Tim Rattay who just plain sucks? I seriously think he is our best desperation option.

Why'd you have to do this to yourself? Just go read the 'Bledsoe coming out of retirement?' thread and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Didn't we do this thread last night? :confused:

But there is a saying....any port in a storm.

We need to bring in a veteran.
Any port? Ryan Leaf is available and younger than Bledsoe. Any port means you are so desperately bad off that anything will help.

Last Sunday the Chiefs brought in a veteran QB and the Pats brought in their non-backup. It isn't whether the guy is a veteran or not, but whether he is the guy you think will help your team the most. Whether the guy started for a few years like Ryan Leaf, or is a rookie (as every friking player was at one time) is meaningless. It isn't that fact that he is a veteran that matters, it is whether or not you think he can win games for you or not.

What is it that you don't understand about the fact that BB started the season with the Cassel at backup? If he wanted Bledsoe as a backup, he would have given him a call after Bledsoe's outings with the Bills or 'Boys. WHich weren't all that good, by the way.

Last edited:
We really killed the Bledsoe thread last night. And now that I've had a night to sleep on it....I am sorry I even brought up the subject.

However.

Drew Bledsoe was once a very good quarterback in the NFL. He had a great arm and we rode that arm as long as we could.

But when defenses started finding ways to confuse Drew, It was one of the quickest declines of a QB that we all had a front row seat to witness.

If Brady came in and was only half decent, Drew was still going to lose his job to him.

It was like watching a car wreck in slow motion. Drew became the reason we were losing.

So he got his request to be released granted and off to Buffalo he went. And eventually, Dallas.

He still put up decent numbers, but game after game, under pressure or a pass rush, he would fold under the pressure and it became quite apparent that he was not going to be the man to take a team deep into the playoffs.

It must have killed him inside the way things turned out, but when he retired, it was probably the right time to do so.

Yet, there is still a special place in the hearts of New Englanders, because for a while, Drew Bledsoe played some great football for us. He's a decent stand up guy who most people in the game of football had a great deal of respect for.

I guess, when I heard the rumor that the Patriots had contacted him, I admit, I have to laugh at the thought, but the guy once possesed a lot of talent and I'm not sure if he is interested in playing football again, but if Cassel blows up, and there is a possibility that he will, I wouldn't mind seeing a veteran QB come in for one last hurrah with a championship caliber team.

Be it Drew Bledsoe or someone else.

This thread is so STUPID!

Why would you try and get Bledsoe back when Flutie is availible.

Putting down the urge for an insulting response...

Let's assume he still has some of the skills that he did when he last played for us in 2001 (which would mean a strong arm that prompts him to make difficult passes that can often be picked off, as well as an inability to make a short pass, and an inability to sense or evade pressure in the pocket)

Just because he played for us in 2001 doesn't mean he's familiar with our offensive system that's been fine tuned to a very different quarterback, in 2008.

Yeah OK we all know he is old. We all know he has not played in a year and half. We all know BB is not enamored of him. We all know his propensity to make bad mistakes at big times and his poor record vs good teams.

Seems like you already know why not.

Floridapatsfan your thread was much more fun. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back