Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why Len....why?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SoonerPatriot, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

We all have our favorite writers. I've always like Pasquerelli nd always felt like he was fair to the Pats and knowledgeable.

So he picks espn.com's All-Pro team himself. He picked Pey-a-ton as his QB over Brady. Fair enough, I guess. But then he goes on to write this:

"Manning remains the premeir passer and field general of this generation."

What does Brady have to do to finally earn the CONSENSUS respect he deserves? I don't get it. It just freakin baffles me beyond words. I shouldn't care but...
  2. ColtsFan4Life

ColtsFan4Life Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How about win a Super Bowl when your defense sucks, and you have to score every possession just to win. Brady welcome to Peytons world of yester year.
  3. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yeah, now that their D is so good, I guess he's fresh out of excuses if he doesn't deliver now that it's all been laid out on a silver platter for him. I actually like your point there. We may get some resolution to this debate very soon after all.
  4. ColtsFan4Life

ColtsFan4Life Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I guess the tuck rule didn't help Brady out. He's been spoiled with a defense in NE. Peyton just got one.*News Flash* Peyton is not a choker New England fans.
  5. Richter

Richter Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

You're right, he's a HUGE choker. That "didn't have a defense" excuse has been BS from day one.
  6. Ceresco

Ceresco Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  7. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The tuck rule was an actual rule on the books so you can pissandmoan all you want about that. But that aside, he did win two more. But again, you said it best, Peyton has a date with destiny this year and if he doesn't deliver well, you know...

Do or die. I like it.
  8. ColtsFan4Life

ColtsFan4Life Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Being ranked in the bottom 5 in Defense is Bullish?
    Put Tom Brady on the 03' and 04' Colts we don't even sniff the playoffs not alone a berth to the Super Bowl. A choker is a person who cannot perform under pressure. In Peyton's third season with the Colts we play Miami in the playoffs it's tied at 28 if my memory serves me correct.

A minute and change left on the clock. Peyton drives us down the field against a Dolphins team with a good defense and put us in Field goal range. Vandy misses the game winning field goal we go to overtime and lose because our defense can't stop the run. The credit goes to the Pats for putting together a good game plan along with the wind and snow. Your coming to the Dome this year...so tell big Willie to start taking his acting lessons so he can fake his injuries again.
  9. ColtsFan4Life

ColtsFan4Life Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I respect the 01' and 04' Pats. The 03' Pats the one who beat us for the AFC championship cheated their way to the SB they stole that game away from my beloved Colts. I blame the refs more than the Pats though.
  10. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

And how did they steal it away? Because they weren't able to play in their little cocoon on the plains?
  11. sarge

sarge Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, it was the Colts defense that only put up 3 points in New England. And 0 against the Jets two years prior.

Brady has had a better defense.

But Peyton has had better recievers, runningback, and oline his entire career.

Of the Pats 3 Superbowl seasons, only the last one did the Pats have a running attack that anyone feared.

Manning has been surrounded by far greater offensive talent his entire career.

I am very certain if the Pats and Colts traded Quarterbacks 4 years ago, the Pats would have 0 superbowls, and everyone would be complaining that Manning just wasn't surrounded with enough offensive talent!
  12. sarge

sarge Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How many games last season did Manning play without Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James, Dominick Rhodes, whoever the number 3 runningback is,Tarick Glenn, and Jeff Saturday.

Welcome to Brady's world this season.
  13. ColtsFan4Life

ColtsFan4Life Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Only a homer couldn't see all the holding the 03' Pats did in that Championship game again the Colts. 4 & 10 with the potential to drive down the field and tie the game. Pollard runs down the middle of the field with a Pats Safety or Lineback holding the back of his jersey. For the refs to not call that a penalty is plain ole wrong. You guys just kicked our butts in 04' plain and simple.
  14. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

How many picks did Peyton throw that day?
  15. ColtsFan4Life

ColtsFan4Life Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Mr. Pats fan are you telling me offense alone can win a championship in today's NFL?
    The Colts O rely on timing and messy fields can ruin that...so can strong wind. Our oline does zone blocking it really isn't made for power running. That has changed this year though. Snow isn't a factor just look at the Colts-Broncos game on Sunday night football in 02'. If Peyton played for the Pats in these past few seasons you would have more than 3 SB rings my friend.
  16. ColtsFan4Life

ColtsFan4Life Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yet we still were in the game. But he did throw 4 picks. About 1/4 of the picks were actually Mannings fault.
  17. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Wow. Alternative universes really do exist. Somebody wake up Carl Sagan.
  18. ColtsFan4Life

ColtsFan4Life Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I know they sort have traded places without trading teams. Ask Brady...it's not fun when you have no defense and you have to score on every possession. Now ya'll are sort of healthy on D. This is what I always wanted the Colts with a great offense and a respectable D against the Pats who always had offense and a great D. Beat the Jags I'm rooting for you guys...sort of. :p
  19. ColtsFan4Life

ColtsFan4Life Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Like I typed earlier I respect the 01' and 04' Pats. The 03' Pats are thugs and those refs should be fired for not calling the game fairly.
  20. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I certainly don't agree, and I think it's a safe bet the rest of the lucid football world wouldn't either.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  21. The Coon

The Coon Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It wont matter what we do Saturday because the Colts will play the Steelers in round 2 of the playoffs.
  22. ColtsFan4Life

ColtsFan4Life Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I guess that's why the league enforced the no holding after 5 yards rule after you guy hoisted the trophy. :p
  23. ColtsFan4Life

ColtsFan4Life Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It would be better if we played you guys in the AFC title game. The ratings would go through the roof.
  24. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No they enforced it because Polian pissedandmoand enough and applied the necessary pressure. See, what's interesting is you think it's a conspiracy by the officials that day, yet Indy went the entire 2005 regular season without having committed a pass interference penalty on defense. I guess that seems a little fishy, too.
  25. sarge

sarge Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So I take it you have conceded the obvious, which is that Peyton has been surrounded by far more offensive talent then Brady.
  26. sarge

sarge Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sorry, but no way.

First off, nobody would ever bite on Mannings play action here, as aside from last season, there was no running game to defend. Something Manning has had the benefit of his entire career.

Secondly, he would have much less time in the pocket then he has in Indy. The reason Mannings numbers go up against a blitz is because his line picks it up, and there are less guys in coverage. And we have all seen how succesful Manning is when he actually gets pressured!

If Manning were here, he would still get the hype because of his name.

But people would continually complain that he was never surrounded with the offensive talent to succeed!
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  27. Bostonian1962

Bostonian1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Did that Indy lack of defense cause the Dolts to score a total of 3 points in the playoff game against the Patriots last year? Or, are you ignoring that? Trust me, Manning is a big time choker. You're just too blind to see it.
  28. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The fact that Brady is far better under pressure than Manning doesn't make Manning a choker. It really just speaks to why Brady's great. That 20-3 thrashing in last year's championship game exposed the weaknesses in that sort of Offense, it really didn't say much about Manning at all IMO.
  29. kmcosta

kmcosta Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

3 Points in AFC Championship game?

How can you defend your stance of "Peyton never played on a team with a good defense", when he was only able to score THREE points against a New England defense with my mother in the defensive secondary!!??
  30. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

"..messy fields can ruin that...so can strong wind. "

Do you want a tiara with your gown? Why don't you, Percival and Muffy go back your lace-making classes.

Your words just defined the Colts organization. That's why, even now, we don't respect your team.

Nice job.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.