PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Keith Rivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said similar things about Rivers. There simply is not much production there compared to other linebackers in this draft. 18.5 tackles for loss for a career is not impressive at all. He simply has not made many plays, especially when you consider that he had Ellis and Jackson on his Dline. I would rather draft someone who has made more big plays than Rivers, especially in the first round.

Enter Jerod Mayo, who I just saw on NFLN as going #7 to the Pats per Casserly, he's climbed himself up into a potential top 10 pick.

Who cares if Derrick Brooks goes into the HOF or not, what matters is what can Keith Rivers do? So you Rivers supporters are asserting that this untested rookie is going to be a lock HOFer? I have two words in response. Ha Ha.

Who cares if Derrick Brooks goes into the HOF or not, what matters is what can Keith Rivers do? So you Rivers supporters are asserting that this untested rookie is going to be a lock HOFer? I have two words in response. Ha Ha.

Rivers a locker HOFer? I must've missed that meeting. Ive pointed out that Brooks is obviously a lock. Rivers, no such correlation. He's a player. And I think a good fit for our scheme, our personnel, our attitude, and organization. Whether or not he'd fall in at 7 or later remains to be seen. But Im not gonna hammer the guy because he hasnt made as many tackles for losses as other players who play for inferior college programs without additional 1st round talent on the field, and whos' offenses dont keep their opponents in constant desperation/catch-up/pass mode for atleast half of most games.

Last edited:
Rivers a locker HOFer? I must've missed that meeting. Ive pointed out that Brooks is obviously a lock. Rivers, no such correlation. He's a player. And I think a good fit for our scheme, our personnel, our attitude, and organization. Whether or not he'd fall in at 7 or later remains to be seen. But Im not gonna hammer the guy because he hasnt made as many tackles for losses as other players who play for inferior college programs without additional 1st round talent on the field, and whos' offenses dont keep their opponents in constant desperation/catch-up/pass mode for atleast half of most games.

The thing is that USC was so superior to other teams in all areas of the game, that Rivers should have been able to tee off, particularly with Sedrick Ellis in front of him occupying double teams. So the fact that he didn't stand out on that USC team makes you wonder if it was just his teammates that made him look better than he actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes