Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why isn't this man in Leavenworth?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wildo7, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Why not discuss a slightly more relevant figure?
    What's the statute of limitations on Crimes against humanity anyway?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

3. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

4. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

5. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 10 / -26

This should be interesting, wait for all the Clinton and Carter stuff.. put on your hardhat..
  7. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

8. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Well I'm no Clinton and Carter fan either so it'll be interesting when they try the Democrat v. Republican garbage. They were war criminals too, but nothing compares to what this monster has done.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  9. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

QUOTE=mtbykr;745281]The world should run itself, i don't want to be the police of the world. The problem we have is that we are not a self sufficient country.....We need to keep peace in the middle east since we rely on a lot of their oil supply.[/QUOTE]

Signs of an empire!!!!
  10. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Wow, if Clinton and Carter were also both war criminals, who was the last President that was NOT a war criminal? Has there been one?
  11. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Carter supported one of the most brutal dictator's in the world, Clinton just sat backed and bombed pharmaceutical facilities, leading to the deaths of 10,00 innocent people.

"If the Nuremberg laws were applied today, then every Post-War American president would have to be hanged." - Noam Chomsky
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Carter warned western civilization that we all needed to get off the oil... perhaps if the Reich listened to him 30 years ago rather than pretending he was the worst president in history, we might be way out in front of the pending energy crisis that's right around the corner...

anyhow, i fully agree with the premise of this thread... (though at least one of those pictures was not of the U.S.'s doing)...

you ever notice how those images are forbidden, or "tasteless", according to the CORPORATE mainstream media? carnage sure does have a way of putting things into perspective... keep them out of the average American's sight, and they'll keep quiet...
  13. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Wait, weren't the Nuremberg laws a way for Nazi Germany to justify discriminating against Jewish people?

Does the quote mean the application of standards derived from the Nuremberg trials after the war? If so, that was the genesis of the Geneva convention, and I don't believe either Carter or Clinton broke those rules of engagement (though I could be mistaken).
  14. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

http://www.chomsky.info/talks/1990----.htm

The term "Nuremberg laws" is exactly what you've described, but it's also a term used to justify the Geneva Convention and also what we tried military leaders with following WWII. For example, the United States charged, tried and convicted a Japanese General with torture following WWII because he had carried out the practice known as "Water Boarding." That practice is now under use by the United States who officially refuses to acknowledge it as "torture."

The Nuremberg trials also gave birth to not only the Geneva Convention, but also the standards by which we use the International Criminal Court. By laws set forth by the International Criminal Court, which the United States frequently holds other nations to, but which the United States itself will not join, every U.S. President since FDR has been guilty of war crimes in one way or another. The degree to which is a different discussion, but it's fair to say that George W. Bush has certainly raised the bar very high.
  15. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I am fairly certain that all of these pictures have to do with the U.S. invasion and military occupation of Iraq, I made sure to choose only pictures that were from articles with bylines about U.S. atrocities.

Of course the Corporate media wants you to think that these pictures are indecent. That gives you a license not to see them because they are "uncomfortable." The less you see of what war actually is, the easier it is for the American people to accept what they don't really understand or haven't experienced.

Just out of curiosity, do support Ron Paul? Corporate media hegemony would be far worse under Ron Paul than it is now, I believe.
  16. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, at least one of those pictures you offered (post #8, top pic.) is from the Shia ceremony of mourning called the Muharram... whereby worshippers cut themselves and parade the streets... so, you're fairly wrong that all of them are from U.S. atrocities...

still, i get your overall point...

preaching to the choir here, if you're talking to me... that is exactly my insistance...

based on what?
  17. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Picture deleted.

Based on the fact that he is deferential to corporations.

He's also racist, homophobic and anti-abortion.
  18. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

racist? homophobic? based on what? a newsletter from 15 years ago that he adamantly insists he didn't write, and his name was superficially attached to?

also, he's "subservient" to corporations? based on what? please link...
  19. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I said "deferential" not "subservient"

http://www.zcommunications.org/znet/viewArticle/16194

Ron Paul and the Bigots: Plain Talk or Plausible Deniability?

January 12, 2008 By Chip Berlet

Ron Paul wants us to believe that he wasn't paying attention when the newsletters that went out under his name for twenty years carried articles that were racist, homophobic, and antisemitic. This story has circulated before; however when The New Republic posted a story on Tuesday detailing some of the nastier morsels with extensive direct quotes, Ron Paul responded:

"The quotations in The New Republic article are not mine and do not represent what I believe or have ever believed. I have never uttered such words and denounce such small-minded thoughts....I have publicly taken moral responsibility for not paying closer attention to what went out under my name."

Well, no, Paul really hasn't taken any responsibility. Paul so far refuses to name the author of the turgid bigotry in his newsletter, and Paul's responses over the years are less apologetic than non-denial denials. He didn't write it. He didn't know. He wasn't paying attention. Don't blame him.

http://www.zcommunications.org/znet/viewArticle/16145

Ron Paul-Is Being Against the War Enough?

January 08, 2008 By Ron Jacobs

When I was hanging out with the youth element of the Revolutionary Unions (RU) back in the early to mid-1970s, there was a fellow member who attended American University and was part of our branch. While returning from a meeting in Washington, DC one afternoon, our conversation turned to what brought us to leftist politics. During the course of the conversation, she related that she was originally interested in libertarianism until Alex—an RU organizer and member of our branch—explained via the use of history that even if capitalism could exist as the libertarians envisioned, it could not remain within that vision because capitalism requires profit to survive. Since profit requires a continual expansion of markets and the accrual of profit by some capitalists, that means that other capitalists would not be able to make a profit since the amount of capital is finite. This creates intensified competition among the capitalists, which in turn causes the less predatory businesses to fail, thereby creating monopolies and inequality in their wake. In other words, a fair capitalism that depended completely on the fairness of the market could not exist for any amount of time because the market can not remain fair. That’s the only verifiable outcome of the capitalist economic experience.

But this piece isn’t about libertarianism in the general sense of the word. In fact, it is about the current campaign run by Ron Paul and his supporters for nomination to be the GOP’s standard bearer for the 2008 presidential election. More specifically, it is about a growing trend on the left side of the spectrum to support that campaign. Naturally, I am in total support of Mr. Paul’s call to end the war and occupation of Iraq immediately and I applaud his ability to make that call something that other politicians must respond to. I also support the standard libertarian call for legalization of marijuana. In addition, there are other elements of Paul's campaign that are quite appealing. However, the Libertarian hatred of labor unions and public education, opposition to universal health care and their generally objectivist (as in Ayn Rand) approach to human societal relations leaves me cold.
  20. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

he refuses to name the author because he has no idea who the author is/was...

until you present something a bit more tangible than he seems "less apologetic" and full of "non-denial denials"... then, well.... i'm going to point to this quote you presented of his:

"The quotations in The New Republic article are not mine and do not represent what I believe or have ever believed. I have never uttered such words and denounce such small-minded thoughts....I have publicly taken moral responsibility for not paying closer attention to what went out under my name."​

in fact, your entire post is speculative... nothing concrete... including the speculation via a Z-Net blogger regardng the perceived negative tenets of Libertarianism ...you're still not providing concrete evidence that Paul, himself, plans to scrap those programs, absolutely...