Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why isn't the right rallying around this soldier?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

She exemplifies those tough, anti-terrorist methods. Torture is good! It's good for the soul! It's good for Dick Cheney! It's good for America! Best of all, you don't empathy to qualify as a torturer. The righties should be rallying around this fine soldier in the name of our freedoms.

The Associated Press: Lynndie England DC lecture canceled after threats

WASHINGTON — Organizers have canceled a lecture at the Library of Congress by the woman who became a symbol of the Abu Ghraib prisoner abuse scandal after threats caused concerns about staff safety.

Former Army reservist Lynndie England had been scheduled to discuss her biography Friday as part of a veterans forum on Capitol Hill. The book by author Gary S. Winkler is called "Tortured: Lynndie England, Abu Ghraib and the Photographs That Shocked the World."
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +644 / 2 / -9

Re: Why isn't the right rallying around this solider?

She's sh!t in my book, a creepy little slut who should be working for Madonna, all Madonna's concerts look like this "Soldier" Lynette choreographed them, all those Abba Dabba Prison photo's looked just like a "Rock Concert".

THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH
  3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Good. I have no interest in this foul woman who put a huge stain on the USA and our army getting to shill her cheap little book.

I'd go see Rush Limbaugh speak (without any rotten vegetables btw) before I'd listen to her.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +644 / 2 / -9

I've agreed with you twice today..................:p
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

This thread is useless ... I just wasted 2 minutes on it.
  6. Patters

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

And now another 10 seconds. :)
  7. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Patters you clearly do not understand the US Military and most importantly do not understand the Soldier.

We are first in fight, first in compassion, first in care and first in peace!

Your misguided hatred for us is simply do to ignorance and politics.

Fortunately for you, none of us let that get in the way of doing our job for you!

The 10% rule is expressed prominetly throughout our service. 10% or our population is represented in the military, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

This is a cheap thread!
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +349 / 11 / -27

It is very f...ed up world that this girl published a book and now is on tour... she deserves at best a double flush...

It points out the erroneous thought that the military can do anything.. the reality is that these folks knew 0 about corrections, and their actions showed how poorly they performed...

Hard to imagine how any author can fill up 268 pages, on amazon it is #8,643 and climbing verrry slooowly... they have this book paired with Beck's "Common Sense"... enough said.. idiots unite, maybe they can have a good cry together.
  9. Patters

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

mgcolby, as I've said in the past, I know soldiers, I've known soldiers, and I have and have had military people in my family. I object to policies, not individuals, so don't make yourself a martyr because it's not your views as a soldier that concern me. It's the policies of any administration or, sometimes, the military brass.

My issue is with the right wing who are bigots engaged in lies and hypocrisy on a number of issues. I know that while you are fairly conservative, you are not particularly right-wing. Why you've chosen to take my criticism of a woman who is profiteering off of torture as a criticism of troops in general is beyond me.
  10. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Because the majority of the right also condems her actions. Lets see, we're dumb, racist, mean, greedy, torturers, bigots, homophobes and sexists......what's next, Jets fans? Can you be any more bigoted in your perception of the right?
  11. Patters

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

You're not that right wing; I think you're more of a traditional conservative. Why are you grouping yourself with those dumb, racist, mean, greedy, torturers, bigots, homophobes, and sexists? I'm talking about those righties who defend torture, criticize empathy, and spread awful lies about Obama and healthcare (that we want to euthanize grandma!). There are quite a few of those people and, sadly, conservatives are not nearly as outspoken as they should be in criticizing them. And, please, I have never accused you or anyone on this board being a Jets fan!