PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why isn't Gillette Stadium as loud as other stadiums

Status
Not open for further replies.
People get free tix from work..win tickets..first game ect...not every fan will be an obsessed fan no matter what stadium

Oh I know. It still bugs the excrement out of me.

Hell, I have considered wearing an adult diaper so I don't have to leave my seat to take a leak! I don't expect THAT kind of devotion from everyone...but the tailgating is for eats and drinks!

When I've been in the top level, any shouts go out into the abyss. I can look around and see people yelling but not hearing much. I'd also warn against always drawing conclusions from TV due to the ability the broadcast producers have in manipulating what they mix in to their audio.

The acoustics are piss-poor and they dilute the booze but not the price.

sunday against DEN, from tv, it looked that the crowd was very good

great...and thks to the fans were there showing their best

sunday against DEN, from tv, it looked that the crowd was very good

great...and thks to the fans were there showing their best

And for once again cheering the offense to the point where the players had to wave for them to stop....well done.

I'm assuming most people haven't been to the stadium if they're still asking this question.

Look at the layout, it's probably the most wide open stadium in the NFL. IF memory serves me right, I know atleast one endzone is completely open facing Patriots place, pretty sure the side facing towards the hotel is too. There's no way that stadium is going to get loud. Kraft made a boo boo when he designed it. It looks cool, but it certainly gives the sound plenty of room to escape.

Every year I go down to Miami that stadium is absolutely rockin' with all 3 Dolphans in attendance. Why? Because it's designed perfectly to hold sound. (I'm not saying Miami is nicer, just more of a home field advantage)

Last edited:
And for once again cheering the offense to the point where the players had to wave for them to stop....well done.

That was annoying the crap out of me at the game I went to last year. I had to start explaining to people when to make noise.

The acoustics analysis would appear to be true, if there weren't games and instances where my living room was shaking because the crowd explodes. When Spikes picked off Flacco last January, the poor acoustics took a vacation. The foghorn is a nice touch though. Everyone knows when to get loud now.

It is true that the acoustics of the Seattle stadium are second to none. It was engineered that way.

How many times do I have to say it? Yes, it's possible but the occasions are far and few compared to Arrowhead, because it takes a lot more effort to raise the decibel level at Gillette than at Arrowhead and some people here have interpreted that as being an indication of fanbase loyalty and enthusiasm.
I agree with you. I've been to about half the NFL stadiums and have season tickets at Gillette. Gillette is the quietest, absolutely no doubt. Occasionally after a playoff game or something I'll hear someone call sports radio and say "man, the crowd was really great this game.....all this talk about Gillette being quiet wasn't an issue this week...." Or something like that.

And I'll think, this guy definitely has not been anywhere else. Loud is all relative when it comes to Gillette. Sure there are games its louder than others. Playoff games the volume at least approaches to some degree normal NFL Stadiums during the regular season. But it never quite gets there. When I hear someone say such and such a game the crowd was good and loud, I say yeah......for Gillette. But not close to anywhere else I've been. I remember the snow game at Gillette yelling and standing the entire game. Still can't touch even regular season games at other stadiums when I felt the sensation of how can anyone even think in this noise? Never had that really happen in Foxboro.

My theories why are mostly design.....but that includes putting the red, corporate seats smack in the middle prime area on both sides where most games they're at least half empty. Its an open air stadium. And there may be a tad of truth to the crowd issue. The crowd does improve a bit during the playoffs, noise wise. They don't sit as much, that's for sure. And yelling is standard on all third downs. But the accoustics only allow so much.

J D Sal

My theories why are mostly design.....but that includes putting the red, corporate seats smack in the middle prime area on both sides where most games they're at least half empty. Its an open air stadium. And there may be a tad of truth to the crowd issue. The crowd does improve a bit during the playoffs, noise wise. They don't sit as much, that's for sure. And yelling is standard on all third downs. But the accoustics only allow so much.

J D Sal

I'm curious whether anyone in the Kraft group sees the red seating area as a mistake. Those seats are empty especially when it's inclement or near the the start of the game or 3rd quarter.

I also wonder how a fanbase like Seattle gets such good crowd buy in for the noise. Maybe I'm being too stereotypical, but to me the corporate group who tend to use the red seats just by definition aren't a very loud or football savvy group.

Perhaps when you pay the highest gate fee in all of sports, the crowd skews itself to being quiet. Again I'm being borderline over stereotypical here - I don't mean to offend, just thinking about the crowd that shows up in Foxboro versus the ones in other NFL stadia.

That was annoying the crap out of me at the game I went to last year. I had to start explaining to people when to make noise.

Crazy, isn't it? At some point you'd think they'd learn but they still keep doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes