Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why isn't Gillette Stadium as loud as other stadiums

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Henroc, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UK_Pat37

UK_Pat37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 3 / -7

#12 Jersey

Do you really think we're that stupid? Or are you another one of those naive Americans who throw the 'you're English so are obviously oblivious card'? :rolleyes:

It's absolutely the crowd at times...you don't need to be there to see it. You can pick out completely contrasted games on the television.

Gillette can be rocking...but there are games where you can clearly tell it isn't. My experience proves that.
  2. robbomango

robbomango Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I watch a lot of games and they all have the same trend, when the home teams are getting steam rolled fans shut up or boo.

At least the so called spoiled fans pack that stadium full every season in even the worst of weather conditions.

Go to a Buccs game and tell me how loud that half full stadium of miserable fans are..oh wait they're not, I guess they're spoiled:rolleyes:
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +662 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

Heh, they must sell quiet televisions over there in Blighty.
  4. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +289 / 18 / -43

#50 Jersey

Seattle also happens to be a DOMED Stadium that is fully enclosed at both ends.. The fact that the only item you hit on is that they also play soccer there is somewhat boggling.. It's like you ignored everything else..
    \
  5. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +289 / 18 / -43

#50 Jersey

Yes, most of us who are subjected to your posts really do think you are that stupid.

You've been to what, 2 NFL Football stadiums? I've been to 5. Gillette is the only one that doesn't get loud. Not because the fans don't get loud, because it's poorly designed.

And, another thing. There are FAR more people in the Upper and Lower Deck than in the "Club Seats". So, the idea that 20% of the crowd controls the 90% of the noise is what is ridiculous.
  6. neuronet

neuronet Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...10/44781-crowd-noise-gillette-final-word.html

That was posted by Tunescribe in 2006.

And it comes up every single year since I have been posting here.

This is the one significant aspect of things that Kraft screwed up really badly. He should have told the architects: Make it loud, I want teams to hate playing here, I want a ROCKING home field advantage. Make it happen. Make the Superdome sound like church by comparison. I want them to remember playing here.

That he didn't make that a top priority was a pretty major oversight. Probably we'd have two or three more wins at home....
  7. fnordcircle

fnordcircle ( o Y o ) PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +289 / 6 / -13

So tired of this excuse being trotted out as fact. Without fail everyone I know who is a season ticket holder (I'm in a group of about 50 Patriots fans and 10 or so of them have season tickets) says the stadium is quieter than it was back in the 2003/2004 era in general due to fan apathy.

You can't blame the stadium, which hasn't changed in 10 years, for the poor showing the Gillette crowd gives relative to earlier in the stadium's existence.

I will say this, the crowd for the playoffs last year was fantastic and in general I've been happier with what we're getting. But there's no denying, to me, that there have been some seasons with ****ty stadium support.
  8. PATS16N0

PATS16N0 Rookie

Ratings:
    +119 / 27 / -9

#12 Jersey

Just curious, if the stadium is so quiet why do the Patriots never lose at home?
  9. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +662 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

So tired of crowd apathy being trotted out as fact by non-season ticket holders who feel they know enough to chime in. (I've been a season ticket holder since 1994.) There is no denying the fact that Gillette's poorly conceived acoustic design is without peer in the NFL. Unless you personally have plenty of experience attending games at Gillette AND other league stadiums, you have no basis for objective analysis or comparison.
  10. Mike in 333

Mike in 333 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is just not the case.
  11. Off The Grid

Off The Grid Rookie

Ratings:
    +197 / 5 / -0

#3 Jersey

Brilliant Post, Brother Rob. :cool:
  12. Off The Grid

Off The Grid Rookie

Ratings:
    +197 / 5 / -0

#3 Jersey

13. robbomango

robbomango Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Seattle fans are not louder than pats fans, their stadium is, that's a fact. Same goes for the other echo chambers around the league especially the domes.
  14. Off The Grid

Off The Grid Rookie

Ratings:
    +197 / 5 / -0

#3 Jersey

"Muffy!!" [​IMG]

Indeed, Sir. :cool:

1 ~ New EngLand is the greatest Sports Hub in America.
    2 ~ But it's true that Success breeds some spoiled, rotten fans. That's just Human Nature.
    3 ~ But all FanBases ~ especially the successfull ones ~ are burdened by that Element. That doesn't change the fact that we boast the FanBase with the greatest combination of Passion & Knowledge in all the land!!
    4 ~ It's the Acoustics, Stupid. Change that...and we'll all have to wear earplugs to FoxBoro.
  15. PP2

PP2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +141 / 3 / -3

#12 Jersey

You haven't gone often enough to understand that it takes above average effort to get the place loud and rocking, hence, it takes something special (e.g., big play) to make that happen.

Your pink hat remark is patently ridiculous.
  16. UK_Pat37

UK_Pat37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 3 / -7

#12 Jersey

Yet another one cracks the BS pink hat remark.

Been a fan since '99...so you can cut the crap with me.

It takes an above average effort? Well that just backs my point...fans don't get behind them when they're needed the most. If it only takes a big play to get you making noise then if anything defines the term 'pink hat' then that is it.
  17. UK_Pat37

UK_Pat37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 3 / -7

#12 Jersey

Compared to some of the tripe spouted from your mouth? :rolleyes:
  18. rlcarr

rlcarr PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +55 / 1 / -3

No Jersey Selected

Really! Gillette only holds 8,000 more people than Schaeffer/Sullivan/Foxboro, yet its footprint is three times that of the old stadium. People are much more spread out/back relative to the field.
  19. PP2

PP2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +141 / 3 / -3

#12 Jersey

Fan since 1985, and Gillette is in my backyard (and so was Sullivan), so are you telling me YOU are the expert here and not me? You know more about my backyard than I do?

That's a good one, that.
  20. Armchair Quarterback

Armchair Quarterback Rookie

Ratings:
    +108 / 4 / -2

#37 Jersey

The stadium design is partially to blame but you're in serious denial if you think that the crowd has nothing to do with it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.