PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why isn't anyone talking about Moss's back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patjew

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Am I the only one concerned about this? Or did I miss a thread?

Randy Moss limited by back injury
Link|Comments (2) Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff September 10, 2008 03:57 PM
The Patriots released their Wednesday participation report and Randy Moss -- who was not present during the media-access portion of today's session -- was listed as having limited participation due to a back injury.

The report:

Did Not Participate in Practice

TE Sam Aiken (knee)
TE Benjamin Watson (knee)

Limited Participation in Practice

WR Jabar Gaffney (knee)
WR Randy Moss (back)

Am I the only one concerned about this? Or did I miss a thread?

Randy Moss limited by back injury
Link|Comments (2) Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff September 10, 2008 03:57 PM
The Patriots released their Wednesday participation report and Randy Moss -- who was not present during the media-access portion of today's session -- was listed as having limited participation due to a back injury.

The report:

Did Not Participate in Practice

TE Sam Aiken (knee)
TE Benjamin Watson (knee)

Limited Participation in Practice

WR Jabar Gaffney (knee)
WR Randy Moss (back)
i saw that and thought it was peculiar, but he does seem to always have little injuries , i know he did miss some games in oakland

limited participation sounds great though, right?

Probably because while he was limited he did participate. And we have enough other crap to worry about...;)

Probably because while he was limited he did participate. And we have enough other crap to worry about...;)

Oh come on, everything is perfect. :D

i saw that and thought it was peculiar, but he does seem to always have little injuries , i know he did miss some games in oakland

limited participation sounds great though, right?

Well, relatively speaking it sure does.

Actually, I was just watching video from Foxboro on nfl.com, and they mentioned his back.......I fell out of my desk chair. We really need his smarts, and leadership on that field. It doesnt sound too serious, so im gonna remove the oxygen mask, and go back to thinking positive thoughts :D

Actually, I was just watching video from Foxboro on nfl.com, and they mentioned his back.......I fell out of my desk chair. We really need his smarts, and leadership on that field. It doesnt sound too serious, so im gonna remove the oxygen mask, and go back to thinking positive thoughts :D

Not to mention he's by far our best deep threat, and him keeping defenses honest is huge for Cassel.

OK, glad to see that I'm not the only one reacting with the appropriate amount of panic.

Not to mention he's by far our best deep threat, and him keeping defenses honest is huge for Cassel.

OK, glad to see that I'm not the only one reacting with the appropriate amount of panic.

well, the part of the video I was watching also mentioned Welker as injured, but didnt mention what the injury was. So as you can see, I heard "moss, welker injured, Cassel starting", and pretty much fainted. :eek:

Good thing they didnt say "Bill will be unable to coach the game due to a brain injury, caused by too much game planning"....that wouldve finished me off.

He looked a bit ginger on sunday, but i'm sure he is just being cautious and giving himself every opportunity to recover fully.

well, the part of the video I was watching also mentioned Welker as injured, but didnt mention what the injury was. So as you can see, I heard "moss, welker injured, Cassel starting", and pretty much fainted. :eek:

Good thing they didnt say "Bill will be unable to coach the game due to a brain injury, caused by too much game planning"....that wouldve finished me off.

:confused: :confused: WW didn't appear on the injury report at all. . . .

Well, at least Gaffney (knee) is on the injured list too. :eek:

He looked a bit ginger on sunday, but i'm sure he is just being cautious and giving himself every opportunity to recover fully.

I sure hope so. I actually didn't get to see any of the game (luckily, perhaps).

if moss gets hurt.........ugh

I sit directly behind the Patriots offensive line. They taped a large ice pack on Randy's back during th game on Sunday. So, we all knew his back was hurting him then.
He didn't look like he was in pain. He didn't act uncomfortable at all.

He is probably just resting it since he is going to have to carry this team on it this year!

Two reasons I'm not concerned:

1 - He did participate in practice
2 - He did that media conference call yesterday

BB does not let injured guys who are possibly going to miss games speak to the media.

Last edited:
He's nicked. After Sunday it makes a great distraction for Mangini to have to think about while game-planning.

Maybe he's the next perpetual "probable" on the list.

Two reasons I'm not concerned:

1 - He did participate in practice
2 - He did that media conference call yesterday

BB does not let injured guys who are possibly going to miss games speak to the media.

I hope you're right to not be concerned. I think you are.

That might explain the fumble, since he never puts the ball on the turf.

Or maybe that play is where he hurt his back???

:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye