PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is there no great football teams this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swheeler23

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
There are a few really good teams but no great teams. There are 10-12 teams who could win the Super Bowl but not one real stand out team. I guess this is what the Nfl wants. I have seen some really bad football games.I dont remember a season when so many games are so close.Any team could beat any team.

after yesterday I think im going to give the Gants their due as a great team. They have a suffocating D, great run game and a very good QB. The titans as well are a great team they just are not sexy so people dont like to call them a great team.

Any team could beat any team.

Maybe that means there are more good football teams?

With so many probowlers off the field this year, it makes the NFL a lot more interesting and the team that wins the SB may very well be a team that only won 10 regular season games.

There are a few really good teams but no great teams. There are 10-12 teams who could win the Super Bowl but not one real stand out team. I guess this is what the Nfl wants. I have seen some really bad football games.I dont remember a season when so many games are so close.Any team could beat any team.

No Tom Brady and an erratic Peyton Manning makes it a wide open league.

Those two coupled with a sinking Chargers Team and the "High Powered" Cowboys foundering around, I think Pittsburgh and the NY Giants are the teams to beat - All due respect to Titans, for some reason I just can't see them going the distance.

The Super Bowl Champion Giants were no fluke. As much as it pains us all to admit it - I think we should. They're for real.

One word: INJURIES
Some great football players are either injured or on injured reserve this season. The entire league has been affected by this.

The Super Bowl Champion Giants were no fluke. As much as it pains us all to admit it - I think we should. They're for real.

Based on the way they have played, I would agree that them being there was no fluke.

However, if you don't think that Tyree catch was a fluke and Eli getting out of that scrum was a fluke then I don't know how to argue against it.

No Tom Brady and an erratic Peyton Manning makes it a wide open league.

Those two coupled with a sinking Chargers Team and the "High Powered" Cowboys foundering around, I think Pittsburgh and the NY Giants are the teams to beat.

:agree: especially about the role that Brady's loss is playing this season. I still don't trust what we're seeing from the Colts though.
After the SB I embraced the "One and done" philosophy for the Giants but they're really proving that (wish) wrong. They're a very complete team.

The biggest tank imo is the much-touted Cowboys:rolleyes:

All in all losing Brady really tipped the scales the most imo but some of the other early injuries have just been killer for all teams. BUT some of those early injuries weren't season ending so when some of those players return (Addai comes to mind), things could turn around in a hurry.

Meanwhile the Pats may not win pretty but they're one of the few teams who have been able to work around everything that's happened.

Last edited:
The giants pass rush is very good.I wish our pass rush was like that.

Because Tommy is out.

Based on the way they have played, I would agree that them being there was no fluke.

However, if you don't think that Tyree catch was a fluke and Eli getting out of that scrum was a fluke then I don't know how to argue against it.

No doubt, but, Ellis Hobbs INT earlier in the game was flukey, and it saved us points - it all evens out. Don't get me wrong, that was the most painful game I've ever watched of any sport or team I've followed and I get angry about it anytime I think of it, but honestly, I don't know if I can say we "deserved" to win the game anymore than they did.

Ummm did you watch the Giants game yesterday? By far the best team in the league. They beatdown the Steelers in Pittsburgh.

Ummm did you watch the Giants game yesterday? By far the best team in the league. They beatdown the Steelers in Pittsburgh.

Beatdown? Did you watch the game?

after yesterday I think im going to give the Gants their due as a great team. They have a suffocating D, great run game and a very good QB. The titans as well are a great team they just are not sexy so people dont like to call them a great team.

the giants won b/c PIT's long snapper got hurt...

Why is there no great teams? Wow, bad grammar...

The giants pass rush is very good.I wish our pass rush was like that.

There are 30 other teams in the league (besides the Pats) that wish their pass rush was that good.

What point are you trying to make?

Blashphemer!

I can think of a great team this year.

A team called:

THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS!!

ARe you forgetting that?

Must not be a blashphemer unless you're a troll.

I am not trying to make a point, i just miss the consistency of our pass rush back in the championship days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes