Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why Is the N-Word Alive and Well in the Black Community?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by State, Sep 29, 2009.

1. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I've heard it regularly used by blacks about blacks. It's often featured in black music. There was even a very popular rap group ten or fifteen years ago called NWA, N-- With Attitude.

If blacks understandably don't want whites to use the hideous word, why the continued use by the very group that's been degraded and humiliated by it? It confuses a lot of white people.

Now this: Pastor punctuates sermon with 'n-word' | detnews.com | The Detroit News
    Sunday sermon? In front of families with small children?

I'm starting to change my mind about black churches. I used to love watching the dressed up families in DC, esp. the big, floral hats on the matronly ladies, head off to church. It's a beautiful sight.

Now there's anecdotal evidence continually trickling in of Jeremiah A. Wright weird stuff being spouted at the inner city pulpit.

Maybe Christopher Hitchens is right that religion makes people dumber and is child abuse.
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

NO FRIGGIN WAY!
    A racial thread by State?

WTF!
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +140 / 1 / -8

Why you're alive and well, who knows or cares.

Listen state, either grow up or stop posting here, you're getting close to being banned from this board. One thing you've already achieved is "Board idiot" status....yes sir, you've done a great job of that son.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Kansas City, a movie starring Harry Belefonte if you don't like hearing the "N" word don't watch this movie....

People like Belefonte want that word kept alive so they can b!tch about it.

A Fact
    It is CONSTANTLY used in the Young Black Community and in much of the Hip Hop Culture, I say
    "who gives a sh!t" I don't use it.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

This thread personifies the pseudo intellect of the right, one pastor makes one sermon laced with the N word, some one say that is anecdotal evidence.. and it becomes alive in the Black Community, the dumbing down of the right continues... and points to the need for serious educational reform..
  6. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Religion DOES make people stupid and it IS child abuse - whether it's black, white, hispanic, etc. The human race would be propelled so far into the future if we eliminated organized religion and stopped fearing death. Christians are nothing but xenophobics.
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Well....DUH!
  8. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

One of the few coherent board idiots...a shame that he couldn't put those talents to something else but posting just to piss off Patters.
  9. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There is a shock...Darryl posts yet another diatribe about the right and paints all of them with a broad brush yet again.

Careful carrying that grudge around, it might hurt your back.
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

And I thought personal attacks were not allowed... at least I commented on the post..

But you are silent on the broad brush that State painted.. what a freaking coincidence.. you have proven my point.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  11. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Psst...

It's still very much alive in the white community too.
  12. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Another from the Darryl playbook...when called out, cry foul.

You have no problem with personal insults against right wing posters, but when someone does one to you you cry about the rules...same old same old again and again.

Changing the facts there- he didn't use a broad brush, he was targeted to a particular group about a particular point. But then again you and your hypocirica

What a shock, you proved mine.
  13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Guess you do not understand the concept of personal... tough one to conceptualize...
  14. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Guess you don't know what a hypocrite is.
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Not sure you understand that big word either, but keep in mind personal attacks are against the rules.. hypocrisy is not, if it was there would be about 50% of the members left.
  16. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Elfin, you're a dumbazz and a puzzy. I say that strictly because you ignore the racist scumbag who started this thread in favor of continuing a grudge from some other thread. If you have a beef with someone you should settle it right then and there, as opposed to giving azzholes like state cover in a completely different thread..
  17. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Wow, I thought this type of personal insult was not tolerated in this forum.

As "the racist scumbag" and "a--shole," I am awaiting an intelligent riposte by sdaniels7114. Name calling doesn't advance an argument.

I know I've probably engaged in it in the past. If so, I apologize to whomever I've done it to.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

God Bless Michelles Arms
  19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You pretend to be surprised by some reactions you get from posters?
    Really?

Is that why you have been throwing out these racist - oh, sorry - racial - threads? You thought everyone would just go along with your endless race-baiting bullsh!t? Then you come back into the discussion sounding soooo calm and rational as if you are the "victim". Poor white guy suffering from reverse racism and saddled with "white guilt" being imposed on you by liberal white people.

Ever heard a white person say "nigger"? Ever heard of a white person talking or acting negatively toward a black person?

Poor white guy! Can't understand what is wrong with minorities. What is their problem?
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

In order for the "N" word to die and really be dead EVERYBODY has to stop using it, I think it's disgusting and filthy to hear a Black Comedian say it but what is more disgusting and filthy is to watch the Black Audience laugh and applaud, that is very sad.

The "N" word in part is being kept alive by the very people it most offends................:confused::confused:

THAT IS A FACT
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2009