PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is the media hyping up the Dolphins?

TB=TD

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
It's as if the Patriots are playing in a competitive division according to these mediots.

My sense is they're getting some respect because they're 2-0, both wins on the road, including a win over a pretty good Colts team (though that may be inflated because they — Indy — played a last-place schedule last year).

Miami has some good tests coming up: Atlanta, Saints, Ravens. Like many other teams, we'll know better in a few weeks. Til then, they are what they are,

I think it is because the doofins have improved and will give us and all their opponents a tough game this year. The Bills and Jests will have rough seasons.....the doofins will be a tough team to beat.....especially IN Miami....we almost always struggle down there in the heat!

It's as if the Patriots are playing in a competitive division according to these mediots.

Just taking their cue from the league, actually making us play division games... morons. You would think blowouts like the last two weeks would convince the owners to just spot us home field throughout in the playoffs every year, and we could all concentrate on the Red Sox till the games really count for superior teams like us.

:)

3 Parts
1 Part a perceived improvement in offensive capabilities (Wallace/Tannehill)
1 Part a good defense
1 Part hoping someone will finally knock off the Patriots and claim the division.

They beat a 2012 playoff team in the Colts on the road, look to have a pretty good defense thus far, and are 2-0. Not really all that hard to figure out. They do have a tough stretch coming up, though.

Meh. That defense gave up 450 yards to a Colts offense that was held to under 275 by the Oakland Raiders.

Remember now sports media has pounded the table about yards allowed being the defensive barometer.

The Bills and Jest have been a joke for years and the Pats have 3 players left who aren't injured. :(

It's because Tannehill is a good QB, he'll be one of the best in the AFC.

When Brady retires, he'll be the best in the division, and better than anyone in the north, behind only Luck and maybe Rivers in the AFC.

They're actually 2-0. For them, that's huge!

It's because Tannehill is a good QB, he'll be one of the best in the AFC.

When Brady retires, he'll be the best in the division, and better than anyone in the north, behind only Luck and maybe Rivers in the AFC.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I couldn't help but notice you left the /sarc off the end of your post.

I know it's very early, but for all the flak that the AFC East gets, currently the division is undefeated when not playing the Patriots. Including two wins over the vaunted NFC South and a road win against the Colts. We'll see how things progress....

I know it's very early, but for all the flak that the AFC East gets, currently the division is undefeated when not playing the Patriots. Including two wins over the faunted NFC South and a road win against the Colts. We'll see how things progress....

I think Carolina and Tampa are a little less vaunted than NO and ATL. Still -- who knows. Last year we all saw the NFC West as easy pickings before the season started. That didn't work out well.

The media is hyping the Dolphins b/c it's a popular story and they've gotten off to a 2-0 start.

They won't be signing the same tune when they realize that they play 6 of their next 7 games against last year's playoff opponents.

They have two legit road wins under the belts against pretty good teams. The Browns probably aren't *terrible* (not good, but not as bad as usual). I thought their lack of offensive line talent would pretty much kill them, and it still may, but there's no denying that they've played well so far. As down as I am on the Colts, I still think they're a fringe playoff team, so beating them on the road is notable.

Let's see, they've beaten a Browns team that sucks and barely generated anything on offense against a Ravens defense that looked like utter trash the week before.

They beat a Colts team that is highly overrated based on last season, and struggled mightily against one of the top 2 worse teams in the NFL in the Raiders.

Neither the Browns or the Colts are making the playoffs this season. The Dolphins are being overhyped.

You are what your record says you are... everything else is just noise.

Let's see, they've beaten a Browns team that sucks and barely generated anything on offense against a Ravens defense that looked like utter trash the week before.

They beat a Colts team that is highly overrated based on last season, and struggled mightily against one of the top 2 worse teams in the NFL in the Raiders.

Neither the Browns or the Colts are making the playoffs this season. The Dolphins are being overhyped.

You give them no credit. They've beaten 2 better teams then we've beaten and we barely won. We barely beat 2 rookie qbs and they have beaten a top defensive team and a playoff team from last year.

You give them no credit. They've beaten 2 better teams then we've beaten and we barely won. We barely beat 2 rookie qbs and they have beaten a top defensive team and a playoff team from last year.
You could look at it like that, or you could look at it like this:

The Patriots have beaten the Jets, who in turn beat Tampa Bay, who in turn went down to the wire against the Saints before ultimately losing. The Saints also beat Atlanta, a team many consider to be one of the best in league.

The Patriots also defeated the Bills, who in turn beat the Panthers, also turn battled the Seahawks tough. Those same Seahawks decimated the 49ers.

Based on quality of opponents, the Patriots have had to face tougher tests. Both the Jets and Bills are a lot better than people are giving them credit for.

The Patriots are underrated and the Dolphins are overrated. Beating the Browns and struggling with a Colts team that could barely beat the Raiders is highly unimpressive.

real simple; espn and other mediots have been looking for the anti-patriots kryptonite since 2004...... Fish are 2-0. Recipe served. They'll play it up til they plunge.

that said; I dont think the fish have a terrible team. They have a chance to make playoffs as the AFCE 1b team (as opposed to the jesters who have potential to compete for #1 draft pick and jills who have an 8-8 ceiling).

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back