Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why Is Slater On the Roster?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mgteich, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +642 / 51 / -21

I don't think that we can carry a developmental kick returner for the season. Kick returners can be street free agents. The colts signed this week for this game.

I would much rather have Spann out there. Is Slater better than Spann on special teams? Is there no street STer who is also a bcakup safety?

2. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I thought I saw him as a gunner?

It's only a matter of time he gets his chance on kickoff returns. We want to protect Hobbs.

3. Zeke_Mowatt

Zeke_Mowatt Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I didn't get to see the game, just watched pbp on the computer, was Slater playing on ST today as the gunner? That's where I remember seeing him throughout, and he seemed pretty tough, and fast...and he plays both ways on ST so perhaps that's the rub...

4. jeffbiologist

jeffbiologist Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I completely agree! I didnt like the draft pick, I didnt like the idea of doing that trade with SD. I dont like that he made the roster having been drafted as a KR and not having a SINGLE big return in preseason against non-NFL caliber competition. I dont like that he isnt the returner, if he is here he should be taking the lumps away from Hobbs not blocking for him. I just dont get it....I stated at the time that Slater was a "legacy" pick, that its BBs way to do someone a favor(like the CT RB drafted last year). You cant tell me we dont have 45 better guys on the roster.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.