Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why Is Slater On the Roster?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mgteich, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +340 / 22 / -2

I don't think that we can carry a developmental kick returner for the season. Kick returners can be street free agents. The colts signed this week for this game.

I would much rather have Spann out there. Is Slater better than Spann on special teams? Is there no street STer who is also a bcakup safety?
  2. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I thought I saw him as a gunner?

It's only a matter of time he gets his chance on kickoff returns. We want to protect Hobbs.
  3. Zeke_Mowatt

Zeke_Mowatt Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I didn't get to see the game, just watched pbp on the computer, was Slater playing on ST today as the gunner? That's where I remember seeing him throughout, and he seemed pretty tough, and fast...and he plays both ways on ST so perhaps that's the rub...
  4. jeffbiologist

jeffbiologist Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I completely agree! I didnt like the draft pick, I didnt like the idea of doing that trade with SD. I dont like that he made the roster having been drafted as a KR and not having a SINGLE big return in preseason against non-NFL caliber competition. I dont like that he isnt the returner, if he is here he should be taking the lumps away from Hobbs not blocking for him. I just dont get it....I stated at the time that Slater was a "legacy" pick, that its BBs way to do someone a favor(like the CT RB drafted last year). You cant tell me we dont have 45 better guys on the roster.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.