PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is no one talking about Warren?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll talk about Warren. How come he (or Wright) is not a leader? He's been with the team for years, has a long term deal, but all Bruschi was talking about was Mayo, Meriweather, and Guyton as the team leaders. They are just kids in the whole scheme of things.

Because not every player is a leader?

And because not every player needs to be a leader. The leadership problem (and likely problem with the D this year) is you cannot have an effective defensive unit without leaders, and leaders pushing the defensive unit to perform rather than not to perform.

This forum for some gives you a page# link when trying to link a specific post. Since page# is variable due to user preference of how many posts per page, different users get different posts for the same link. A correct implementation would be to permalink the post number which would work regardless of user preference. But for future notice, post# should be given

This is best.. I had the same problem. My UP is different.

For example:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...kovich-crable-our-olbs-page7.html#post1690810

Last edited:
A poster on PP suggested mid-season that maybe Ty Warren would step up as one of the leaders for the Pats when it became obvious how badly this team was missing that element after the loss of Vrabel, Bruschi and Harrison.

At the time, I voiced the opinion that Warren is more of a lead by example than a guy who will do a lot of talking. But give Warren credit on this....he is the only guy that I saw that said anything negative to the media about AT, when he suggested that AT floated the story about the 4 who were sent home for being late to team meetings.

Leadership aside, Warren has been a solid contributor to this team almost since his arrival and while I see many holes on the defensive side of the ball, Warren when healthy is not one of them.

The only problem with Warren is that he's been getting injured the past two seasons. Other than that he's been a good player for us.

The only problem with Warren is that he's been getting injured the past two seasons. Other than that he's been a good player for us.

Doesn't that inherently make him a fat, lazy malcontent? I thought that's what we learned from the whole Seymour thing- if a guy gets hurt it's because he sucks and isn't a team player and is overrated and only cares about getting his big contract.

Warren is part of the solution- not part of the problem.

Doesn't that inherently make him a fat, lazy malcontent? I thought that's what we learned from the whole Seymour thing- if a guy gets hurt it's because he sucks and isn't a team player and is overrated and only cares about getting his big contract.

This.

Also....the reason the Ravens ran at the right side was not because Ty Warren is a run stopper who strikes fear into the eyes of a rushing attack. It's because Jarvis Green's presence brings tears of joy to the other team's rushing attack.

Again, I'm not so much calling for Warren's head as I am questioning people who call out players like Moss,etc.

Last edited:
A poster on PP suggested mid-season that maybe Ty Warren would step up as one of the leaders for the Pats when it became obvious how badly this team was missing that element after the loss of Vrabel, Bruschi and Harrison.

At the time, I voiced the opinion that Warren is more of a lead by example than a guy who will do a lot of talking. But give Warren credit on this....he is the only guy that I saw that said anything negative to the media about AT, when he suggested that AT floated the story about the 4 who were sent home for being late to team meetings.

Leadership aside, Warren has been a solid contributor to this team almost since his arrival and while I see many holes on the defensive side of the ball, Warren when healthy is not one of them.

Well said on all counts.

I like Ty alot, but facts are that the last 2 years in a row he played only 13 games in each, I'm HOPING this isn't the beginning of a breakin'down trend.

warren is a good player and would be a starter on most if not all 3-4 teams in the NFL maybe not the best D line men but a starter

the D line as a whole took a step back with out seymour, even wilfork who is a all pro. got put on he's BIG BUT a lot this year with out seymour, to eat of the double teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes