PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is Moss tanking it and taking plays off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just asking the question after listening to various media commentators including the guys from tonight's game...

Sprinting down the field to draw double coverage and taking two defenders out of every play is unacceptable. We all know Welker, Gaffney, Faulk, and Watson don't benefit from this. Where are the catches?

Having a sure touchdown pass thrown over your head is a sign of laziness, and not throwing a tantrum shows he doesn't care. He definitely should be pointing fingers at the quarterback and making noise.

Being a supportive, modest teammate is definitely not in line with other elite receivers, like TO, who complains about not getting enough touches despite winning games. I definitely think Randy needs to start voicing his displeasure to the media, else he will continue to be a guy who just doesn't care.

End of sarcasm. I'm so sick of people saying Moss isn't playing hard when he is basically the reason this offense moves the ball and takes about 500 lbs of pressure off of Matt Cassel. I've rarely seen such a selfless act in professional sports. This guy never complains, never shows negative body language, runs around the field throwing blocks, and just does his job, which is to be a decoy for a quarterback who isn't comfortable with the deep ball. Stay a true Patriot, Randy, your work is appreciated by those understand football and aren't just superficial idiots. His team-first attitude is ripped because he is quiet and not some jackwad prima donna receiver who is always screaming at someone. A 3 catch- 26 yard effort does in fact contribute significantly to an offense, just as it has many times in the past.

Last edited:
Yeah, no kidding! It was patently obvious that Gaffney and Watson were wide open because they were focusing on Moss, but collinsworth and Papa had to keep harping that we had to go to Moss. Im thinking "Why"? And then they kept showing Moss blocking Law on a running play and saying how he was getting jammed, they were clueless!

yea i agree..ppl dont understand that moss can just sit there & do nothing & get two recievers covering him to make more room for our recievers..why do u think welker is open so much or recivers like gaffney or watson..i do like moss" attitude also..thank god we dont have TO on this team all that guy does is bi*tch when he doesnt get the ball as much

I couldn't agree more. He has maintained a great attitude all year, made an incredible catch on one of the few balls thrown his way last night, and even had a crushing block on the wide receiver screen. Color me impressed.

Surprised you didn't mention his effort in firing up the offense after Watson's fumble (and the d's impressive 3 and out performance). The clip of him all jacked up ensured me he woouldn't and will never be a cancer on this team. Lets hope Cassel can start hitting the long ball and this team becomes DANGEROUS down the stretch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes