PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WHY is it that Ocho could not....

Status
Not open for further replies.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
figure out our playbook and even GET out on the Field last year.....and Brandon Lloyd comes here and makes an IMMEDIATE impact????? I just can't figure this one out. I mean I know Ocho isn't the brightest bulb on the christmas tree, but you would have thought he would have been able to get into the game at SOME POINT last season and run at the least the old "down and out." Lloyd for his part looked brilliant. Ran nice crisp routes....ran hard on every play and was beating the Tenn CB's like a drum.....

I'm not one to defend Ocho Stinko, but Lloyd spent time in the same offensive system in both Denver and St. Louis.

He was as dumb as a bag of bricks.

I'm not one to defend Ocho Stinko, but Lloyd spent time in the same offensive system in both Denver and St. Louis.

Regardless he had an entire year to learn and still apparently couldn't.

figure out our playbook and even GET out on the Field last year.....and Brandon Lloyd comes here and makes an IMMEDIATE impact????? I just can't figure this one out. I mean I know Ocho isn't the brightest bulb on the christmas tree, but you would have thought he would have been able to get into the game at SOME POINT last season and run at the least the old "down and out." Lloyd for his part looked brilliant. Ran nice crisp routes....ran hard on every play and was beating the Tenn CB's like a drum.....

Lloyd played under mcdaniels in den and stl...where he excelled. He loves mcdaniels and vise versa.

In cincy it was a much easier playbook that what we run here in NE

Sunday was Lloyd's 30th game under McDaniels.

He is dumber than a box of hair.. :D

1) he is a moron
2) he is washed up
3) he simply may be the most overrated WR of all time
4) too much worrying about reporting his daily farts on twitter
5) cared about the money and wanted to steal a ring without helping the team
6) head case,just weird
7) all of the above

I would say #7 fits Stinko to a tee

I said he was a wasted P.O.S. the day he signed and I couldnt have been more right.......he should have left the NFL 2 years ago and went to Hollywood to star in B movies.

The worst signing ever in the Belichick era

Lloyd played under mcdaniels in den and stl...where he excelled. He loves mcdaniels and vise versa.

In cincy it was a much easier playbook that what we run here in NE

Yeah, I realize that but would imagine that BB's playbook is still primary one they are using...but they must work out a bunch of plays from the McD book to get Lloyd up to speed faster. Whatever it is ....it is working. Lloyd looked like he has been with us forever.....really smooth....thanks

Oucho just tried to "get open" instead of learning the correct option for each situation.

Former TE Wiggins and some broadcaster (Bedard) broke down a play in which Ocho was supposed to come back and seal the defender off (the safe route). Instead he broke toward open space and the endzone, allowing said defender to get under him when Brady threw to where he was supposed to be.

You can lead a horse to water...

Still there. Observe.

Inside the Playbook: Brady to Ochocinco interception - YouTube

Last edited:
Agreed....just can't figure out how even a guy like Underwood comes here and in 2 weeks he is ON THE FIELD at least.(Yeah he dropped the gimme in the EZ) but at least he contributed. With BB it seems like if you can't figure out the playbook (which means you have to know what EACH player on the O is going to be doing from what I have gleaned from listening to analysts/interviews) you don't play. But why even CARRY this beeyatch for the entire season last year and give him money for this year????? and,....couldn't they have at least thrown a screen or two to him....or do the old "down and out" at least a few times every down so he could earn his dough and contribute. You are right tho....one of if not THE worst signing in BB era

1) he is a moron
2) he is washed up
3) he simply may be the most overrated WR of all time
4) too much worrying about reporting his daily farts on twitter
5) cared about the money and wanted to steal a ring without helping the team
6) head case,just weird
7) all of the above

I would say #7 fits Stinko to a tee

I said he was a wasted P.O.S. the day he signed and I couldnt have been more right.......he should have left the NFL 2 years ago and went to Hollywood to star in B movies.

The worst signing ever in the Belichick era

Why are you giving up so easily on Chad? I GUARANTEE you this sunday will be his breakout game

Why are you giving up so easily on Chad? I GUARANTEE you this sunday will be his breakout game

What....is there a headbutting contest this weekend?

LOL.

Making sure receptions into interceptions will keep you off the field. Case closed.

85 played about 300 snaps, over 1/4 of all offensive plays.

It seems the issue really wasn't that he couldn't learn the plays. He wouldn't have produced what he did in Cincy. He just didn't have the football sense to understand how to read a defense and run the correct option route.
On top of that his skills obviously declined and giving him a Bengal kind of role where plays were designed to let him run a route that accenuated his skill and the rest of the play call set up getting him open, made no sense.

Sorry too late. The streak ended at 19 last week.

85 played about 300 snaps, over 1/4 of all offensive plays.

It seems the issue really wasn't that he couldn't learn the plays. He wouldn't have produced what he did in Cincy. He just didn't have the football sense to understand how to read a defense and run the correct option route.
On top of that his skills obviously declined and giving him a Bengal kind of role where plays were designed to let him run a route that accenuated his skill and the rest of the play call set up getting him open, made no sense.

good perspective as always Andy......god knows I can't imagine he could "read" a defense because he couldn't even READ the offensive manual!!!!! thanks

Yeah, I realize that but would imagine that BB's playbook is still primary one they are using...but they must work out a bunch of plays from the McD book to get Lloyd up to speed faster. Whatever it is ....it is working. Lloyd looked like he has been with us forever.....really smooth....thanks

the Pats have been using the same offense since Weis, McDaniels took the system with him to Denver and then St. Louis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing