PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is it so hard to beat Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEfan32

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
They do everything. They aren't just a deep bomb team. they aren't just a underneath team. They aren't just a running team. They are all of them.

They can go deep to Randy Moss. If you stop that, they will go underneath with Wes Welker. If you drop the DB's, than can run it with Maroney. There is no way to stop them all. If all they did was gun sling it to Moss, and had no running game, or underneath game, they would lose, but they aren't one demensional.

As for defense, people are saying they aren't that good anymore. I don't think they are as good as 3 years ago, but they only let up 20 points, to the 2nd highest scoring offense the 2nd half of the season. Not to mention, they stopped the 2nd best running game in the league to 66 yards.

They also adjusted at halftime and only allowed 6 points. Their game plan was to let Garrard beat them, and their coverage was not great, but they did what was necessary. Also, I think Meriweather has shown great strides. Even though he and Harrison missed a pick each. Anyone love how Meriweather laid out one of the receivers. Harrison needs to not go in late on hits though, he got called twice for that.

In all, the offense is unstoppable. The defense can adjust, and even if they let up 20 points, the offense is so good, they will score 30+.

They do everything. They aren't just a deep bomb team. they aren't just a underneath team. They aren't just a running team. They are all of them.

I think the reasons they win these games have as much to do with the stuff nobody talks about as the stuff that people want to focus on (like our offense).

This team has played several games this year where even one more turnover could have meant the difference. They didn't turn it over last night. If they had, they could have lost. They also were fantastic on kickoff coverage. Starting field position after kickoffs: 20, 18, 5, 31, 7, 15.

The number one reason nobody can beat this Patriots team is because this Patriots team doesn't beat itself. All of the superstar talent in the world cannot guarantee a win for a fundamentally dysfunctional or undisciplined franchise. The Bengals and the Ravens are about as far as you need to look for what I mean.

Combine surgical precision, brilliant game planning, an ability to make highly dynamic in-game adjustments and count on very smart players to make on-field decisions, and you already have a Super Bowl contender. Combine that with superstar talent and you have a strong favorite to win the Super Bowl. Combine that with players who don't make mistakes in critical situations, players who are at their best when their situation is most dire, and you have an unbeatable team.

I have a feeling that what this organization has done -- in positioning the Patriots as the team for top veteran talent around the league to come to, on the cheap, to guarantee a ring -- is going to eventually be the impetus behind future league attempts to reestablish parity through rule changes or additions.

I have a feeling that what this organization has done -- in positioning the Patriots as the team for top veteran talent around the league to come to, on the cheap, to guarantee a ring -- is going to eventually be the impetus behind future league attempts to reestablish parity through rule changes or additions.

Reading this I can't help wonder what surprise offseason pickup we will score for less than market value. Who wouldn't want to play on this team???

Jason Taylor, converted to MLB. haha... i can dream :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing