PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is it assumed that 2007 is BB's last contracted year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyisGod

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I believe all we've seen is that 2006 is not his final year. How come the media keeps thinking that 2007 is? I haven't seen anything that supports this. Has anyone else?

I believe all we've seen is that 2006 is not his final year. How come the media keeps thinking that 2007 is? I haven't seen anything that supports this. Has anyone else?

because the actual facts are not made public and media likes to create stories ??

ok, just checking. It just seems like every show that's on says it like it's fact that BB is available come the end of the 2007 season.

ok, just checking. It just seems like every show that's on says it like it's fact that BB is available come the end of the 2007 season.

The FACTS are that BB and Kraft choose to keep those details confidential. Unless and until they decide to update us, we simply do not know.

I am bolstered by seeing Scott Pioli staying - leads me to believe the other half of the dynasty brain trust is as well.

As much as Neuw Yawk writers think the Cesspool on the Hudson is the center of the Universe. It isn't.

Scott and bill have spent six years tailoring the Patriots to their specifications.

If the situation were like that in Miami where the Defense is aging and the Offense can't be rebuilt tin the time remaining before the Defense crumbles, then they might jump.

But such is not the case.

The Offense is top ten, yet it is talented and if anything is perhaps just too young and inexperienced this year and yet the Team is still 13-4.

The Defense is also young and rebuilt in the Defensive Line and the CB and S positions. Even the OLD Linebackers are yielding to youth. In all the BB years the line backing has never been this young at the starters.

STs has even been rebuilt and will be really youthful with all the good youngsters there and on IR. Ghost is a rsing star; Sauerbrun has been a league leader in punting, and has already learned a lesson or two from BB about kicking for the Team not for his stats.

The cap is in fine shape. The starters are by and large signed long term. And there is a surplus of draft picks to ensure the winning continues.

Why would he or they quit? To go to the Joisey Swamps?

Get Real!

:bricks:

Last edited:
If the Pat's beat the Chargers, I would expect Bob Kraft will extend Belichick's contract, with perhaps an implicit understanding that Myra doesn't want another Belichick scandal appearing in the New York society gossip pages. Remember the Krafts recently bought a NYC condo from Trump, which we are told was considerably more expensive than Brady's new condo on the upper floors of some hi-rise with views of Central Park.

If Belichick isn't extended he would likely move to the Giants, since Mangini is very inconveniently entrenched at the Jets. However the Giants recently extended their head coach through 2008 so who knows what's going on there.

P.S. This week the Globe had an outstanding photo of Kraft and Trump's wife on the sideline before the Jets game - he was pointing something out with Trump looking on. However then last night Saturday Night Live had a great parody of Trump promoting "The Apprentice in LA" - they had a Trump look-alike with ridiculous hair-style who even sounded like The Donald himself.

Last edited:
We still need to keep watch on this story and be prepared for something to come out of NY that we won't like hearing. When the Patriot season is over, I fully expect the Giants to make another run at Pioli, and when that happens, I would start worrying if you are a Patriot fan.

About BB's contract, no one really knows when his last year is. There is strong speculation in NY that BB will follow Pioli down there if he goes. BB could look on the Giants job as being the one and only job he would leave NE for. Or, as a colleague of mine pointed out, he could feel that, especially if we should win the whole thing this year, he has done all he can here and needs a new challenge.

Whatever happens today with SD, when the season ends, you might all want to start crossing your fingers and pray that Kraft can keep both Pioli and BB here in NE.

And also pray that Myra isn't the reason BB is driven out of town because she doesn't appreciate all the stories of his alleged infidelities. What then would that say about your favorite team?

Bob G

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey