Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why is Hobbs on the KICKOFF team too?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Tunescribe, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +666 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

I understand why Hobbs is returning kickoffs, but having him on the kickoff team on top of it seems unnecessary to me. On one kickoff tonight he was shaken up and had to sit out a play, during which our corners were Wilhite and Webster. As thin as we are in the secondary, giving one of our starting corners that much special teams duty seems like tempting fate.
  2. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Because he's fast, the kickoff team couldn't catch up with Washington all night.
  3. Batman

Batman Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Cause Wheatly is injured most likely so people need to cover that roles hobbs is the best fit.
  4. FibSeq13478

FibSeq13478 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think Ray Ventrone got banged up during the first kick off coverage of the game so Hobbs may have been in there for Ventrone.
  5. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Yup, Ray took a vicious hit on the opening KO and was helped to the bench looking concussed.
  6. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Yes, Reiss' figures have him in there because of Ventrone's injury.
  7. PatsFan2

PatsFan2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -4

#87 Jersey

That's BB for ya the stubborn man he cannot kind find anybody else...let's put our Best CB on on the KICKOFF team too because i want to see some scrub covering real WR's. That makes absolutely no sense to me.:rolleyes:
  8. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +289 / 18 / -43

#50 Jersey

I disagree there. The bigger problem was that guys like Aiken and Kelley Washington were over-pursuing and taken themselves out of the play. Also, Gostkowski wasn't getting enough hang time on his kicks.. They were more line drives. That was giving Washington a chance to get going.
  9. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +289 / 18 / -43

#50 Jersey

You make no sense. What would you have BB do? Webster has only been with the team for 2 weeks and doesn't play on special teams to my knowledge. Wilhite was a returner in College. The Pats have lost a lot of their special teams depth and speed with injuries they have been sustaining. Losing Thomas pulled Woods off of special teams. Who does BB put on special teams to replace Ventrone who went off with a head injury (concussion?). I'd really like to know your answer.
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

Recently this whole thing has turned into a game of attrition, with the absence of Wheatley, Ventrone etc.. what is BB supposed to do??

11. PatsFan2

PatsFan2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -4

#87 Jersey

So that would be justified to losing your Best CB? BB have to be more careful with Ellis Hobbs...this Defense can barely get off the Field on 3rd downs. Lose Hobbs for any extended period of time and see if this Defense gets off the Field at all. You just cannot gamble like that not with that player...they have NOTHING behind him...That's my answer!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.