PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is Guitierrez in on kickoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cuz hes an athlete. saves us a roster spot.

doesnt seem like hed be the first choice though, im sure we have more athletic players, seems a bit risky imo

Oh noes, wouldn't want the 3rd string QB getting hurt. That would certainly derail the season.

(Hint: He was replacing Rodney in the coverage. Who would you rather have out there?)

Oh noes, wouldn't want the 3rd string QB getting hurt. That would certainly derail the season.

(Hint: He was replacing Rodney in the coverage. Who would you rather have out there?)

it just seems unnecessarily risky putting a qb in a situation like that thats all

Last edited:
He wants to play football and contribute

cuz hes an athlete. saves us a roster spot.

Yes, but it doesn't save us a spot on the active 45. Gutierrez is usually #46, third QB, but not this week. So his being fully active says there isn't anyone else who could be active who could play special teams.

How much difference is there in the protective gear a QB wears and what a DB wears? I'd think not much.

If he's the best guy for the job, then he should do the job.

Hopefully, he won't have much experience in his offensive career with the need for open-field tackling -- but even Brady throws a FEW interceptions. So it's a skill worth learning for a QB.

it just seems unnecessarily risky putting a qb in a situation like that thats all

In order for something to be "risky," there has to be a "risk" involved.

If Gutierrez gets injured, who the hell cares?

There's a HUGE difference in putting Gutierrez out there than putting out Brady or even Cassel.

Again, as Reiss said, it's either Rodney or Gutierrez in that spot. Which one is more "risky?"

he's played on ST before...ddi it I believe in Game 4 preseason..SO it is NOT a first time. IN another thread, I mentioned before the game that maybe he would play ST...so I thought BEFORE teh game it was a possibility. Alexander/Mitchell out...and.. HE HAS played there before..so??? Why not?? He's an athlete...if Cassel wasn't going to play, maybe he would be out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes