PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is everyone so afraid of the Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Pats homo is calm about Sunday's game. If our QB, head coach and offense is half as good as its clippings and if the defense plays at the level it played against the Giants even with a coupe breakdowns, the Patriots will readily defeat this inept offensive team. If the Patriots do lose Sunday it is simply because the 2011 Patriots team is a mediocre team not constructed and playing at the required level of a division champion. You are what you do on the field. If we can't beat a deeply flawed team like the Jets with the division on the line in a big game then post season fantasies are irrelevant.

This Pats homo is calm about Sunday's game. If our QB, head coach and offense is half as good as its clippings and if the defense plays at the level it played against the Giants even with a coupe breakdowns, the Patriots will readily defeat this inept offensive team. If the Patriots do lose Sunday it is simply because the 2011 Patriots team is a mediocre team not constructed and playing at the required level of a division champion. You are what you do on the field. If we can't beat a deeply flawed team like the Jets with the division on the line in a big game then post season fantasies are irrelevant.

Jets Receivers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Giants receivers without Nicks

Local high school secondary >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Patriots secondary

Edge: Jets

Last edited:
I'm nervous b/c it's a huge game and this Patriots team has not shown that they have what it takes to win a tough game on both sides of the ball.

Why? Because we are doomed that's why! Doomed!

I'm on my way to play 18 holes of golf but I will still carry the doomed feeling with me.

Last edited:
Why? Because we are doomed that's why! Doomed!

I'm on my way to play 18 holes of golf but I will still carry the doomed feeling with me.

You sure picked a nice day for it.

Where is everyone so afraid of the Jets?

Exactly.

A Link to this Thread should be in the dictionary right next to "Straw Man Argument." :rolleyes:

The Chicken Littles would be predicting defeat this weekend if were playing the 1916 CumberLand team.

It's got nothing to do with the Jets.

Jets Receivers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Giants receivers without Nicks

Local high school secondary >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Patriots secondary

Edge: Jets

Not this year. If you actually take Nick's 575 receiving yards from Eli Manning's passing total of 2377 yards, he still has passed for more yards than Sanchez 1802 to 1775 (which basically disproves your theory that the Jets receivers are significantly better than the Giants' receivers without Nicks). And everyone knows it doesn't work that way because if the Giants didn't have Nick all season, someone would have gotten at least part of that 575 yards Nick has so far this season.

Victor Cruz has more yards than Santonio Holmes (588 to 340). Both have four TDs. Cruz also crushed Holmes in yards per catch 17.3 to 13.6.

Plaxico Burress has an edge over Mario Manningham by on yard, three TDs, and 2 yards per catch, but Burress is a #2 WR and Manningham has been the #3 WR until this past weekend with two WRs ahead of him destined barring injuries to get over 1,000 a piece.

Dustin Keller has a minor lead in yards over Jake Ballard 436 to 395. But Ballard has more TDs and a better yards per catch (17.3 vs. 15.0)

LT is a better receiver than Brandon Jacobs. Kerley is better than the third WR for the Giants this past weekend, but he only has 105 yards on the season.

One thing too. Eli Manning >>>>>>>>>>>>> Mark Sanchez. Eli this year is year has been a top QB and Sanchez is middle of the pack. The Giants have the sixth ranked passing offense and the Jets have the 22nd ranked pass offense even after playing the Patriots once. Sanchez played the Pats a month ago and passed for 166 yards which other than the Baltimore game was a season low.

The Jets could easily win this game and the Jets could pass all over the Pats, but the Jets passing offense isn't nearly as good as the Giants even without Hakeem Nick. This year there are few areas on the offense where the Jets beat the Giants even with several key players out for the Giants.

Last edited:
From where I sit the Jets are far from invincible, they are incredibly flawed. The issue is the Jets have a defense and a complimentary offense. The Patriots have a stuttering offense and a defense.

Combine the two sides appear headed on opposite trajectories and the fact that the game is at MetLife and you get the reasonable conclusion that the Jets should start favorites and rightfully so.

Apparently your well reasoned analysis, which is so obvious it really need not be refuted, has to be balanced by the obligatory admonitions against posting "sky is falling" rants by the professional homers (kept at bay by the latest loss) and their groupies (and the equally obnoxious, "didn't mean you, meant the annoying posters" follow up distraction).

Last edited:
The Jets could easily win this game and the Jets could pass all over the Pats, but the Jets passing offense isn't nearly as good as the Giants even without Hakeem Nick. This year there are few areas on the offense where the Jets beat the Giants even with several key players out for the Giants.

... this is fair when looking at the jets on offense in total for the season ...

... the jets have been performing much better on that side of the ball the last couple weeks however ... that is due to mangold getting back healthy in protecting sanchez & wayne hunter improving from a human turnstile to below average at rt ... this has given sanchez more time in the pocket & opened up better holes for greene & lt ... also plax is getting his nfl legs back under him & kerley has shown he can play in the slot moving on from mason ... so wr has been a work in progress that is improving each week ...

... it is important to realize that the jets special teams and defense are both much better coached & performing than they are on offense ...

l_j_r

We should be afraid because they're finally learning to score in the red zone. But are we? No. Brady's not going to have 4 straight bad games.

For the first time the Jets are the favorites since Ryan took over. They have a nice winning streak, dismantled Buffalo on the road and their defense looks like it's back to being a good defense. The patriots on the other hand are of two gutwrenching losses with uncharasteristic Brady play. I can see why people are worried about the Jets but I also believe Patriots can get a win and get back on track.

No one is afraid of the jets..they are afraid of their own team and what they see. If the pat lose it will be them beating themselves...(turnovers like in giants game)

If the pat lose it will be them beating themselves...(turnovers like in giants game)
..... or pass interference penalties in the defensive secondary.

Last edited:
Why are we afraid?

Easy.....

1.) We are in a slump and on the road.

2.) A loss probably means we are playing for the wild card.

It will be really interesting when the predict the score thread comes out. Most weeks it's 95%, excluding other fan base votes, for the Pats winning. I think this could approach 50/50.

i can't disagree with that, as norv has never coached a team to a sb

i just hope you're not going to follow that up with any ******ed 'they should have kept marty" crap, because he also never coached a team to a sb appearance, and had a really pathetic playoff record.....

Matty should have been fired, two seasons before he was. He wasted one of the most talented football teams ever. Just too bad for chargers fans that Smith decided to hire Norv after firing him, shameful.

Not this year. If you actually take Nick's 575 receiving yards from Eli Manning's passing total of 2377 yards, he still has passed for more yards than Sanchez 1802 to 1775 (which basically disproves your theory that the Jets receivers are significantly better than the Giants' receivers without Nicks). And everyone knows it doesn't work that way because if the Giants didn't have Nick all season, someone would have gotten at least part of that 575 yards Nick has so far this season.

Victor Cruz has more yards than Santonio Holmes (588 to 340). Both have four TDs. Cruz also crushed Holmes in yards per catch 17.3 to 13.6.

Plaxico Burress has an edge over Mario Manningham by on yard, three TDs, and 2 yards per catch, but Burress is a #2 WR and Manningham has been the #3 WR until this past weekend with two WRs ahead of him destined barring injuries to get over 1,000 a piece.

Dustin Keller has a minor lead in yards over Jake Ballard 436 to 395. But Ballard has more TDs and a better yards per catch (17.3 vs. 15.0)

LT is a better receiver than Brandon Jacobs. Kerley is better than the third WR for the Giants this past weekend, but he only has 105 yards on the season.

One thing too. Eli Manning >>>>>>>>>>>>> Mark Sanchez. Eli this year is year has been a top QB and Sanchez is middle of the pack. The Giants have the sixth ranked passing offense and the Jets have the 22nd ranked pass offense even after playing the Patriots once. Sanchez played the Pats a month ago and passed for 166 yards which other than the Baltimore game was a season low.

This is pretty interesting when you look at the investment the Jets made in skill players around Sanchez.

Keller or Greg Ballard?
Plaxico or Mario Manningham?
Santonio Holmes or Victor Cruz?

In all three cases the Giant is better than the Jet. Who would have thought that would be the case?

I firmly believe we will see an inspired performance from the defense this week. These guys have been p#%$ed on all season and the coaches dumped Haynesworth and other malcontents (Bodden) have said it's you against the world. They are good in the red zone and last week were extremely tough on 3rd down (29% conversion rate.) If they can cut out the penalties, they could keep this Jets team under 20 points.

I will keep telling myself this until kickoff on Sunday night.

Ommmmmmmmmm.

Last edited:
Um cause we're QB Killers and for two years we've beaten you when it counts most. I think it also matters that you're roster is severely depleted.

Um cause we're QB Killers and for two years we've beaten you when it counts most. I think it also matters that you're roster is severely depleted.
Actually the Jets have beaten the Pats once 'when it counts most', not twice - but the enthusiasm for the team you root for is duly noted.

Should be a great game.

Has so many great story lines.

I think it should be close, but could be blown out by either team.

Surprised some of the Pat fans have so little confidence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back