PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is everyone so afraid of the Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are likely still the consensus pick for the AFCW crown though.

Personally, I'm not really afraid of KC or OAK, that's for sure.

SD still has the ability to get things together, and didn't exactly bow out to lowly teams in the past 2 weeks with Green Bay and the NYJ in New York.

They have as good a shot as many of the AFC teams--in my opinion

supafly, you seem like a very intelligent poster, tho i may not. but this is where we part ways. no team with norval as the head coach is going to the sb. in fact norval sounds like a type of birth control which can't be good in the locker room.

supafly, you seem like a very intelligent poster, tho i may not. but this is where we part ways. no team with norval as the head coach is going to the sb. in fact norval sounds like a type of birth control which can't be good in the locker room.

i can't disagree with that, as norv has never coached a team to a sb

i just hope you're not going to follow that up with any ******ed 'they should have kept marty" crap, because he also never coached a team to a sb appearance, and had a really pathetic playoff record.....

LOL..Yeah, I agree that Norv will probably not take them to the promised land.

That said, I do think that it's early yet, and with a pretty crappy division, they will likely be hosting a playoff game. I certainly hope not, as I'd rather see KC or OAK, let's get some of them into the playoff mix for a change.

they should have kept Marty.....:attention:

they should have kept Marty.....:attention:

i've never heard a logical reason why we should have kept an 0-2 playoff pariah

Isn't his son the offensive coordinator for the New York Jesters?

indeed

and he called a hell of a game vs pitt last playoffs, in true ****enheimer form, folding in the playoffs

indeed

and he called a hell of a game vs pitt last playoffs, in true ****enheimer form, folding in the playoffs
Well there is that Mark Sanchez factor to consider, as well. ;)

Well there is that Mark Sanchez factor to consider, as well. ;)

sanchez is an enigma

looks horrible at times, looks good at times

i wonder if it's just their offense, i wonder if other qbs would look that hot and cold in it

i've never heard a logical reason why we should have kept an 0-2 playoff pariah
I just remember Marty lost to Herm Edwards in the 2004 AFC Playoffs! Ouch! :eek:

also, it's hard to call the steelers far superior, they barely beat the jags, the same reason it's hard to call the ravens far superior, they lost to the jags

i look at the entire afc and i see one word, parity

Indeed. The AFC as a whole sucks ass this year. That's the reason why, although I've been more negative than normal of late, I don't think the sky is falling for the Pats just yet.

Not scared at all by the Jets. They have given us no reason to be scared. They are a solid team, but nothing more.

The phrase "any given Sunday" has never been more appropriate than this year.

Indeed. The AFC as a whole sucks ass this year. That's the reason why, although I've been more negative than normal of late, I don't think the sky is falling for the Pats just yet.
Agreed. The AFC doesn't look anywhere near as strong as the NFC this season.

I am not scared of the Jets

All I have to say is F**K the JEST.......:rocker:

Last edited:
The Jets looked very tough against the Bills in Buffalo - a game the Bills had to have to separate themselves from the Jets and Patriots. I don't like this Jets game one bit. The template has been published for how to stop the Patriots offense and the Jets are coming off a good offensive performance.

For three weeks in a row, the Patriots came down to the final couple of minutes and needed both sides of the ball to come up big. They squeaked one out against the Cowboys and failed late against the Steelers and the Giants.

No false bravado coming from my keyboard this week. The Patriots are standing in a hole and have to claw their way out.

You know me and my displeasure with Belichick and the way the team has headed the past few years, and I don't see the team winning the SB this year...but what makes the Jets invincible?

To me the Steelers are a far superior team (which a much better QB) and they only beat us by 8 points playing the game of their lives.

I see this game being a close, 20-17 type of game either way.

Absolutely agree with you. The two keys to this game are the Patriots not killing themselves with TO's and sticking with the gameplan (that's you Mr. Peyton Brady) and RUN THE F&%KING BALL early, late and often. This is not a great Jet defense but it has certain strengths. Patriots need to exploit the Jets weaknesses rather than trying to overcome those strengths. Hopefully the Patriots learned their lesson from last January. If so I love them to win on Sunday night.

Why? Because of this pass defense.

They just made Eli look like Brady. Sanchez will look like Elway.

Last edited:
Ding ding ding we have a winner!
-statistically they have played us tough in past several years MOST ESPECIALLY at home.
-their home crowd makes it even tougher place to play.
-They know that if they rush Brady, control Welker and Gronk for most part....they stop our offense. Branch has lost a step, ocho keeps running the wrong right angles,We have NO ONE to stretch the field, the OL can't protect Brady and give him time, and our running game is inconsistent.
-Our defense is inconsistent and that's being kind.....our secondary is piss poor right now, and if we don't put them in soft zones right now and pray for FG's....they get torched.
-Andre Carter IS our pass rush.....look for sancheese to have all day back there...who knows maybe agaun Ellis will finally show up in "revenge" mode.
-Coaching. BB and his crew have been Outcoached alot this year....especially recently where pitt/gints figured out the "new version of the blueprint" in how to beat the pats.
-lets face it....this is a team in flux that is rebuilding and in need of better and creative coaching, better personnel decisions etc. 10-6 is best case scenario...with no playoffs....

Not afraid but just aware of the incredible odds stacked against the team based on the past history like we always split with jets every year, it is a road game @ a hostile place and our O is stuttering and they have a good D etc etc

But since it is very clear that we are not going places this season and have nothing to lose, doesn't that make us a more dangerous team this week :rolleyes:
ind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back