PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is Bruschi still starting at ILB for this team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately there could come a time later in the year where we have Mayo/Guyton/Wheatley all starting with others like Wilhite/Crable/O'Connell getting time too. That time is not here yet, we are still over .500.

I was surprised to actually go back and look to see he was actually playing last night or more like filling an 11th man spot on defense.

Tedy started off the season hot by making 12 tackles/assists in game 1 but it looks as if that effort took all the sail out of him

Did not make one tackle in the past 2 games - only had 1 assist in the SF game - 27 tackles all season and 0 sacks

I absolutely love Bruschi but its time for him to hang it up,Its horribly sad to say but he is no longer a starting caliber ILB in this league so why not let the younger and faster guys play? - The team is likely going south so why not get more out of your future players then hanging on to the past of which was once one of the best ILB in the game.

It can't get any worse for a starting ILB than '0' on tackles in 2 games - Last night it almost looked as if Mayo was covering two spots since I saw nothing from 54

We all love you Tedy but I think the younger guys should get a chance now or at least give Seau a call and get him off that surfboard

I was surprised to actually go back and look to see he was actually playing last night or more like filling an 11th man spot on defense.

Tedy started off the season hot by making 12 tackles/assists in game 1 but it looks as if that effort took all the sail out of him

Did not make one tackle in the past 2 games - only had 1 assist in the SF game - 27 tackles all season and 0 sacks

I absolutely love Bruschi but its time for him to hang it up,Its horribly sad to say but he is no longer a starting caliber ILB in this league so why not let the younger and faster guys play? - The team is likely going south so why not get more out of your future players then hanging on to the past of which was once one of the best ILB in the game.

It can't get any worse for a starting ILB than '0' on tackles in 2 games - Last night it almost looked as if Mayo was covering two spots since I saw nothing from 54

We all love you Tedy but I think the younger guys should get a chance now or at least give Seau a call and get him off that surfboard

So, exactly WHO do you want starting next to our beloved Rookie Mayo?

Well, BB thinks Bruschi gives our team the best chance to win.

If we decide not to win or IF it all looks lost, then maybe he will start playing the rookies more. Maybe they will develop during the season and start taking time away from Teddy, but right now, he is one of their best options so he plays.

Well, BB thinks Bruschi gives our team the best chance to win.

If we decide not to win or IF it all looks lost, then maybe he will start playing the rookies more. Maybe they will develop during the season and start taking time away from Teddy, but right now, he is one of their best options so he plays.

Agreed - 100%.

There were many plays last night I heard and saw Mayo shouting at the line and almost looking like he was running the D - While Teddy was in the game.

Anyone know who was wearing "The Helmet" last night? Vrabel or Mayo or another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots