PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is Adam Sandler a Jets fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveW

On the Roster
Reaction score
Anyone see "The Waterboy" on the sidelines along with Kevin "King of Queens" James and Joe Namath?
The guy comes from New Hampshire. Why is he seen wearing Jets and Yankees caps?
His "The Jets suck" quote from Mr. Deeds has been played on the Gillette jumbotrons in the past.
I don't get it.

He's a New Yorker now, they do all sorts of crazy things :)

IIRC he wore a Bruins hat in 'Happy Gilmore'.

DaveW said:
Anyone see "The Waterboy" on the sidelines along with Kevin "King of Queens" James and Joe Namath?
His "The Jets suck" quote from Mr. Deeds has been played on the Gillette jumbotrons in the past.
I don't get it.

I could have sworn that the Heffernans were Patsfans on the show. I was shocked and disgusted to see Doug there! (whatever his real life name is, I don't know, and no longer care since he's a Jetsfan)

He was born in Brooklyn where most of extended family is from. He attended NYU. I imagine it was likely family/parental influence when he was young that set his sports interest and loyalties.

I would wager it is a difficult find, a Patriots fan in the Brooklyn borough.

Brownfan80 said:
I could have sworn that the Heffernans were Patsfans on the show. I was shocked and disgusted to see Doug there! (whatever his real life name is, I don't know, and no longer care since he's a Jetsfan)
You're obviously not a King of Queens watcher, buddy. Doug Heffernan (Kevin James) is a huge Jets, Mets, and Knicks fan. I don't know about Kevin James' real life background but since he is the show's producer and creator I would assume the real "Doug" isn't too far from the guy we see depicted on TV in that respect. Also, co-star Leah Remini is from Brooklyn.

He's a Jest fan for the same reason some people enjoy being whipped.

Uh, maybe because he's an utter twit?

Adam Sandler is a talentless idiot who makes idiot movies and
now apparently also roots for an idiot team...did I miss anything?

You missed 'utter twit'

Passionate fans that are true to their teams no matter what are cool in my book no matter who they root for. I hate to see fans jumping on others bandwagons.

Because he is a world class A-hole.

I saw him perform "stand-up" if you could even call it that, back in 91 before he hit it "big". Was one of the rudest, arrogant "twits" I have ever met.

DaveW said:
I don't get it.

People from New Hampshire can't like teams from New York? Interesting theory. Maybe you should stop watching his movies because he doesn't like the Patriots.

denverpatsfan said:
Because he is a world class A-hole.

I saw him perform "stand-up" if you could even call it that, back in 91 before he hit it "big". Was one of the rudest, arrogant "twits" I have ever met.

I think they call that being a comedian. My guess is he made fun of you and hurt your feelings and you are still crying like a baby because of it. I'm sure he should have shown you more respect because you are a nobody. Grow up.

I like Adam Sandler. And if he's a Jets fan, fine by me.

In Happy Gilmore he tries out for the Bruins and wears a B's jersey all movie.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
People from New Hampshire can't like teams from New York?

No. They can't. I think it's part of the state constitution.
It's right after the whole "Live Free or Die" stuff but before the "let's not charge any sales tax" stuff.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
I think they call that being a comedian. My guess is he made fun of you and hurt your feelings and you are still crying like a baby because of it. I'm sure he should have shown you more respect because you are a nobody. Grow up.

Why would you say such things on this board? You are the one who needs to grow up.

That was not what happend at all. How the hell would you know? He was filling in for the comedian who was a no show. All he did was babble a bunch of insulting nonsense. He was rude to the ladies too. Not funny at all. It wasn't humorous.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
People from New Hampshire can't like teams from New York? Interesting theory. Maybe you should stop watching his movies because he doesn't like the Patriots.

First post you ever made here that makes sense.
Keep trying!

I'm Ron Borges? said:

I give you an "E" for effort in your attempt to become the boards biggest AZZHOLE....you're incompetant of even being one...you get the runners up prize...you're a rectum.

Last edited:
PatsWickedPissah said:
First post you ever made here that makes sense.
Keep trying!

Yeah...his posts are better when he's posting from the dumper..

Last edited:
The Pats would never let him on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes