PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why I'm not 100% sure Bruschi plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakadave

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I know Bruschi is off the injury report. Probably that means he'll play. But is the following scenario possible?

Last week, we kept him listed as questionable (or was it probable?) even though we knew he wouldn't play, just to make Jax waste time prepping for him.

This week, we take him totally off the report, causing Denver to "know" he'll play, and spend time preparing for Bruschi, then we I-R him an hour before the game.

The talk show on Patriots.com said they hadn't seen Bruschi around the locker room the last couple practices, and wondered whether they just "happened to miss" him.

Hopefully this theory of mine is all hokum, but I've been worried about Bruschi for weeks. Remember how awkward that hit was to his leg in the Jets game? He went off on the dreaded cart. I won't rest easy until I see him out there on Saturday. Does anyone else share my paranoia, even a little bit?

shakadave said:
Hopefully this theory of mine is all hokum, but I've been worried about Bruschi for weeks. Remember how awkward that hit was to his leg in the Jets game? He went off on the dreaded cart. I won't rest easy until I see him out there on Saturday. Does anyone else share my paranoia, even a little bit?
A little, yes.

Don't pet the sweaty stuff. Tedy will play.

shakadave said:
None of us now for sure. But according to Reiss he was working out hard before last week's game which meant he was close. So he's going to be in pretty good shape now unless he had a setback. Your IR theory is way off unless he had a major setback as the Super Bowl is three weeks away.

I think the league would probably fine the Pats a good portion of money if he suddenly went to IR after not being on the injury report at all this week. I know Bill, and everybody else, plays with the injury, but that would be stretching it.

BTW there was a scroll on ESPN today, late afternoon, that said Tedy was expected to play.

I don't even think it is possible to put him on IR an hour before the game. I'm sure they have rules about that. They probably would have had to have done it by 4pm today.

Thanks everyone for helping me sleep a little better tonight!

shakadave said:
This week, we take him totally off the report, causing Denver to "know" he'll play, and spend time preparing for Bruschi, then we I-R him an hour before the game.

Several subsequent posters challenged this hard.

I think Shaka just meant that he'd be inactive or warm the bench ... not realizing that "IR" is a term of art with definite meaning in the NFL - such as This Is The End Of Your Entire Season.

shakadave said:
Thanks everyone for helping me sleep a little better tonight!

I was convinced he will play tomorrow. Thanks for helping not sleep better tonight! :p

Michael said:
I was convinced he will play tomorrow. Thanks for helping not sleep better tonight! :p

Like any fans sleep the night before a game?

oh, Buster, please. The man recovered from a stroke to return to the NFL. Somehow a trip to Denver doesn't seem that daunting.

You know in your heart Buster - in the immortal words of Brian Cox - "this ain't go like you think its gonna go."

I think the premise is wrong that he was listed as questionable, and everyone knew he wouldnt play last week.

I think he prepared hard to play, and was a game time decision, and just wasnt ready yet, but close.

What many people forget about leg injuries is its not a matter of whether or how much it hurts. Bruschi would play through the pain. Its a matter of the strength in the leg. Bruschi didnt sit out because it hurt to push off the leg, but because he didnt feel the strength he needed when pushing off.
Being off the injury report by Wed, and being reported expected to play means the healing has brought back the strength, and he is certain to play. IMO

Pats67 said:
oh, Buster, please. The man recovered from a stroke to return to the NFL. Somehow a trip to Denver doesn't seem that daunting.

You know in your heart Buster - in the immortal words of Brian Cox - "this ain't go like you think its gonna go."

The man recovered from a stroke to return to the NFL? Ya don't say? Really? I had no idea!

Well, then, he must be the greatest football player of all time! There is no way you guys can lose with Bruschi on the field!

BusterTBronco said:
The man recovered from a stroke to return to the NFL? Ya don't say? Really? I had no idea!

Well, then, he must be the greatest football player of all time! There is no way you guys can lose with Bruschi on the field!

Actually, thats pretty much correct. Not NO WAY, buit virtually no way.

BusterTBronco said:

Way to overreact, Gertrude.

shmessy said:
Way to overreact, Gertrude.

My point is that Bruschi is not 100% (and it has nothing to do with the stroke).

The Broncos would be wise to attack him.

AndyJohnson said:
Actually, thats pretty much correct. Not NO WAY, buit virtually no way.

Patriots with Bruschi playing the last 3 years 31-6.

BusterTBronco said:
My point is that Bruschi is not 100% (and it has nothing to do with the stroke).

I hope Shanahan thinks that way.

BusterTBronco said:

Then write that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing