PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why I'm happy to be a Pats fan and not a Jets fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would never wish ill will on another teams players and would never comment that I would slit someone's neck..
it's just a game.

Better people? Better fans? Post like this is why I call Pats fans jerks.

Yes, better fans and better people. I dont care if you dislike me or Pats fans in general. Just understand that your fan base is the lowest level of humanity in the NFL. I wish nothing but on-field misery for the Jets for eternity. If that makes me a "jerk", I'm happy to be one.

I'll take your word for it, then. I understand that getting off to a good recruiting start could make or break a class, but if I were DeFillippo, I would have waited until this week to see if Coughlin became available.

I dont think Coughlin would have been an option. After OBrien, its clear they wanted an upbeat coach who had a dynamic offensive mind. BC doesn't need a disciplinarian, they need a player's coach, which is what Jagodzinski is. BC fans should be very happy about this new staff.

Yes, better fans and better people. I dont care if you dislike me or Pats fans in general. Just understand that your fan base is the lowest level of humanity in the NFL. I wish nothing but on-field misery for the Jets for eternity. If that makes me a "jerk", I'm happy to be one.

No this makes you a jerk. Being a fan is cool, hating division rivals cool, wishing on-field misery cool

Last edited:
I was having a good time vicariously laughing at the misery in jester land until I read this one and the follow-up to it.

Originally Posted by wa2k99
If I meet Tom Brady I will slit his ******* throat.

Im glad you take great joy in my Jets. Soon you will take great joy in watching them take this division. In year one w/ a team with many holes I saw my jets play w/ the pats in the divisional round for 50 minutes. 28 mil cap room, 3 early selctions in next years draft and a good front office coach combo. The Pats were a no history who cares organization before Brady n BB dont forget that

1..2..3..FORE!!!!!!!!!

Jets won't win this division anytime soon. Pats have a ton of cap space and are loaded with early draft picks. You will be in NE's wake for the next five years at least.

No this makes you a jerk. Being a fan is cool, hating division rivals cool, wishing on-field misery cool

No, your fans are scum. Basically you guys are a bunch of angry little men who can't get Giants tickets and hate the fact that your team is a second class citizen in your own city. Cripes, Rutgers got more press then the Jets did this year. LOL!!!

I guess losing makes the Jets fans angry and act the way they do in public.

I was having a good time vicariously laughing at the misery in jester land until I read this one and the follow-up to it.

1..2..3..FORE!!!!!!!!!

Jets won't win this division anytime soon. Pats have a ton of cap space and are loaded with early draft picks. You will be in NE's wake for the next five years at least.

5? Pats only have an extra first rounder then the Jets and the jets have more cap space

No, your fans are scum. Basically you guys are a bunch of angry little men who can't get Giants tickets and hate the fact that your team is a second class citizen in your own city. Cripes, Rutgers got more press then the Jets did this year. LOL!!!

I guess losing makes the Jets fans angry and act the way they do in public.

I could generalize your fanbase but I wont b/c I smart enough not to generalize based off of 1 pats fan I met and what I see on tv. And for what reason would I feel second class to the Giants?

I could generalize your fanbase but I wont b/c I smart enough not to generalize based off of 1 pats fan I met and what I see on tv. And for what reason would I feel second class to the Giants?

Generalize all you want, I don't care. WHY wouldn't Jet fans feel second class to the Giants? That must be a rhetorical question because there's not a person on Earth who doesn't already know the answer to that question.

The Giants are NY's team, kind of like the Yankees are. The Mets and Jets are the redheaded stepchildren who desperately want to be accepted, but due to on-field futility (and some bellybusting hilarity) fall short. Just accept it and look forward to 8-8 again next year.

For the record, I base my opinion of Jets fans on what Ive seen with my own eyes in Foxboro and in E. Rutherford. The faces change, but the slime is consistent. The funny thing is I dont hate the Giants or their fans at all.

Last edited:
Very few wholes? I can name 4 positions off the top of my head

Pats need LB and CB help. That's about it. They could use a big time receiver, but its clear they dont need one to succeed. Both NE's lines are young and solid, they have a young stud at RB, the best QB in a generation, and a solid coaching staff.

Just because the players the Patriots use aren't "household names", doesn't mean there are holes at that position. Common mistake non-Patriots fans make all the time. Case in point, who had a better game yesterday? Jonathan Vilma or Tully Banta-Cain?

Pats need LB and CB help. That's about it. They could use a big time receiver, but its clear they dont need one to succeed. Both NE's lines are young and solid, they have a young stud at RB, the best QB in a generation, and a solid coaching staff.

Just because the players the Patriots use aren't "household names", doesn't mean there are holes at that position. Common mistake non-Patriots fans make all the time. Case in point, who had a better game yesterday? Jonathan Vilma or Tully Banta-Cain?

Banta-Cain b/c of his d-line, Vilma needs the big 350 lb hog upfront. Pats have a very good team on less well known players, but they need another WR on that team badly

Banta-Cain b/c of his d-line, Vilma needs the big 350 lb hog upfront. Pats have a very good team on less well known players, but they need another WR on that team badly

Youre making my point on the defense. I disagree on their need for a big time WR. They'd probably win with you or I at wideout with Brady throwing the ball. Statistically, Caldwell is having a better year than Branch. Belichick wont overpay for a WR when he could use that money on depth on defense or on the o-line.

Youre making my point on the defense. I disagree on their need for a big time WR. They'd probably win with you or I at wideout with Brady throwing the ball. Statistically, Caldwell is having a better year than Branch. Belichick wont overpay for a WR when he could use that money on depth on defense or on the o-line.

I dont think they need a bigtime wr they just need a young kid who can go up get the ball. It wouldnt hurt if they could trade up an get someone like Jarrett

Last edited:
Oh please. The premise behind this thread is nonsense.

From July through January, fans of all teams invest emotion, time, nerves, and alcohol on their teams. When it's over abruptly, people vent. Some will vent stronger and louder than others. I'll make you a deal: I won't play holier-than-thou if you don't.

To be honest, I was down on them until the Jacksonville game. I thought they didn't have the heart of a lion anymore after that Fins game. They did a complete 180 (which was something I didn't think they were capable of). I'm happy to be wrong. They showed more nuts than any team in the Belichick era in my opinion during that Jax game.
Poster%20-%20Band%20Wagon,%20The_01.jpg

Last edited:
I dont think they need a bigtime wr they just need a young kid who can go up get the ball. It wouldnt hurt if they could trade up an get someone like Jarrett

Brady has said many times he doesn't want a receiver "to go up and get it". He hates the idea of putting it up for grabs like you suggest. They like the small, fast wideouts who are smart enough to learn the offense and when to block/cut off a route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back